Would you buy a hi cap pistol?

max503

Lots of talk about magazine limits. Would you buy a hi cap pistol, on the chance that it could soon be outlawed?

Or if you have a hi cap pistol, could you use 10 round magazines in it if they outlawed double-stack magazines?

The reason I ask is I've got my eye on a Taurus PT 92. I don't want to buy it if I won't be able to use it.

Thanks

What is a Hi Cap pistol? You mean Hi Point?

To those who preemptively purchase 10 round magazines instead of standard capacity, how would you feel if they don't ban standard capacity mags? How will you feel if they arbitrarily decide 9 round mags are ok; but 10 rounders are evil and outlawed?

I use them for training. Don't need more than 10 rounds for many reload drills and I'd rather drop the 10 rounders on the ground anyway.

If they make 9 round mags "standard", I'll cross that bridge when we come to it. The reason 10 rounders are a viable purchase now is that many municipalities and even some states have the 10 round limit. Not that I'm planning a trip to any of them but let's face it, we buy a lot of gun stuff. Might as well have options, right?

My Sigs hold 16 rounds (9mm). That's a Standard Load for them.

This whole argument over what defines "High Capacity" is such crap. 9mm? .40? .45? .357Sig? .380?

Standard Capacity for my M&P 9 Full size is 17 rounds.

Standard Capacity for a Shield 9mm is 7 or 8.

Standard Capacity for a Glock 19 is 15.

Standard Capacity for a .45 ACP 1911 is 7 or 8.

Standard Capacity for a FN509 is 17.

Standard Capacity for a SIG P320X is 17.

So what's "High Capacity" then? 9? 10? 12? 15? 16? 17?

Such.... Utter.... Crap....

This whole argument over what defines "High Capacity" is such crap. 9mm? .40? .45? .357Sig? .380?

What are you promoting with your post? Are you FOR limiting a standard magazine capability, or against it? I'm not attacking you, just looking for claritty.

What are you promoting with your post? Are you FOR limiting a standard magazine capability, or against it? I'm not attacking you, just looking for claritty.

I don't think he's promoting anything. He's pointing out the absurdity of trying to logically define "high capacity" v "standard capacity".

Let's just be honest, "high capacity" and "standard capacity" are fluid made up definition anti-gun buzzwords, no different than "assault rifle" or "assalt weapon" they will change the definition at will to fit their current agenda, thus I flat out refuse to even acknowledge any definition applied to these made up anti-gun buzzwords.

I don't think he's promoting anything. He's pointing out the absurdity of trying to logically define "high capacity" v "standard capacity".

Let's just be honest, "high capacity" and "standard capacity" are fluid made up definition anti-gun buzzwords, no different than "assault rifle" or "assalt weapon" they will change the definition at will to fit their current agenda, thus I flat out refuse to even acknowledge any definition applied to these made up anti-gun buzzwords.

Bingo. I'm surprised they don't call them assault magazines.

The only reason I used the term "Hi-cap" is to define a firearm that could possibly be heavily regulated or outlawed in the near future. i.e. Some jurisdictions outlaw anything over ten rounds. Let's not get caught up in semantics.

The only reason I used the term "Hi-cap" is to define a firearm that could possibly be heavily regulated or outlawed in the near future. i.e. Some jurisdictions outlaw anything over ten rounds. Let's not get caught up in semantics.

The blunt truth is if the antis had their way, even single shot firearms would be deemed 'hi-cap' based on laws already attempted and passed,like those mandating firearms be transported/carried unloaded, NY is proof they are not happy with their pulled out of a hat yesterdays 10 round ban and now have moved to a 7 round ban and the fact they are now going after 'semi-autos' in a push for blanket bans, essentially proves they are currently against anything that autoloads the next round from a magazine of any capacity.

So if you want to define a firearm that could possibly be heavily regulated or outlawed in the near future, just use the term 'firearm' because that is what those pushing for bans really want to get banned and will continue to push and probalby get away with if the Supreme Court doesn't grow some and slap down the lower courts for ignoring Heller and McDonald.

The sad reality buying a 10 round magazine today doesn't mean it wont' be banned tomorrow, heck in NY buying a 7 round magazine doesn't mean it wont' be banned in the future if they get their way, grandfathering causes are never a gurantee.

I think it was Oregon that wanted to have a 5 round limit either last year or early this year. There is no end to to it.

Yep, the proposed law earlier this year limited you to purchasing only 20 rounds a month and limited magazines to 5 rounds max, and if yo believe they will stop at 5 rounds if they get their way you are in denial.

That's my exact point. I might NOT be the most PC poster here, but I am pretty sure we are all on the same level of thought. This whole "Standard vs, Hi-capacity" BS is just a leftist talking point, with the endgame of disarming the US. Thing is - When the Gov't starts talking disarmament, THAT is EXACTLY when we NEED to be armed. It is Exactly why the Founders included the 2nd Amendment in the US Constitution.

I know I walk the tightrope of being banned here, but I state the truth.

Archived