Bullpup Shoot Sept. 17th in Mt. Carroll Illinois, FREE to the public!

Dawg180

The wife and I had a good time at the event! I can check "shooting a full auto Thompson M1A1" off my bucket list! And as a bonus - we got a ride in a Humvee that served in Iraq! We then went to a Civil War living history encampment portrayed by my old outfit, Battery G, 2nd Illinois Light Artillery in Mount Carroll. We watched two 6 pound cannon demonstrations for a total of four shots. So all totaled, it was a very good day!

I also tried the Tommy. Lots of fun yesterday. I put rounds through both types of full-auto FN-FAL rifles at the DS Arms booth (full length rifle with bipod and carbine with vertical front grip).

Started the day with the Barrett .50 cal. Only thing I didn't try and probably should have was the practice grenade through the M4 under-barrel launcher.

I took my grown daughters with me this time and haven't had that much fun in years! They both got to shoot the Thompson and the Barrett then we spent some quality time on the range with my guns.

It makes me proud to see that my girls can SHOOT! They're already showing off pictures of them shooting the Barrett. Especially to the boyfriends. :laugh: My oldest bought a Site t-shirt!

Now that they've had a chance to go, they want to come every year year. I now have a new tradition. What a way to bond with your daughters!

From Daddy/Daughter Dances to Machine Guns... Who'd a thunk it?

Ya HOO!

We had a blast at the shoot. First time any of us ever shot full auto and the smiles on our faces were priceless. Everyone running the event was professional and cordial. The vendor strip was great. Shooting the barret 50 was the icing on the cake. We stayed the weekend at the sand burr inn and golf. Got back from the shoot and played nine holes then grabbed some dinner at the bar. All in all a great weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody know the name of the rifle builders that were at the vendor area during the shoot? They had a couple of really nice long range blasters on display and I believe they are close to Rockford area

I'm not sure if this is the right vendor, but I did pick up a business card from "The Firm, Inc" - "Rifles built for the extreme shooter by an extreme shooter".

https://www.facebook.com/thefirmriflesinc/

Anybody know the name of the rifle builders that were at the vendor area during the shoot? They had a couple of really nice long range blasters on display and I believe they are close to Rockford area

I'm not sure if this is the right vendor, but I did pick up a business card from "The Firm, Inc" - "Rifles built for the extreme shooter by an extreme shooter".

https://www.facebook.com/thefirmriflesinc/

That's it Thanks! Good lookin out!

Archived