I'm pouting because my application is still under review and/or has not arrived OFFICIAL thread.

GcDm2010

Just speculating here, I am wondering if it is possibly that some of the permits didn't leave the mailroom Friday as they predicted, and since they didn't work Saturday, or yesterday due to the holiday. Is it possibly that some of the permits approved Friday didn't leave springfield until today.

Funny, I don't recall people complaining so much about expiration dates when waiting for permits from other states, yet I've already seen several complaining about their rights wasting away while they wait for their approved permit to arrive.

Even if it's 10 days past, you're out less than $1 (about $0.08/day for a 5 year permit).

Just speculating here, I am wondering if it is possibly that some of the permits didn't leave the mailroom Friday as they predicted, and since they didn't work Saturday, or yesterday due to the holiday. Is it possibly that some of the permits approved Friday didn't leave springfield until today.

This. Except yesterday wasn't a state or postal holiday. I'm really suspecting many of the approved permits didn't hit the usps until yesterday, I'm sure we will get a lot received tomorrow.

Funny, I don't recall people complaining so much about expiration dates when waiting for permits from other states, yet I've already seen several complaining about their rights wasting away while they wait for their approved permit to arrive.

Even if it's 10 days past, you're out less than $1 (about $0.08/day for a 5 year permit).

I don't think it has anything to do with money, I could care less.. But I believe it has everything to do with we are law abiding citizens and can not carry until we have this f'ing card in our possession, even though it's in LEADS and in the ISP site as approved with an expiration date. You wouldn't hear all of these complaints if we can carry now with a piece of paper/email or the police confirming through LEADS without get into a bind until we get our license in hand.

I h

I hope you are right. I was sure it would be there yesterday (I live in South Subs) But it wasn't. then I knew it would be here today, Nope. Tomorrow is the day, I feel it!!!!

I realy hope so. I'm in Mokena and nothing today

But other people in will got them Monday

IIRC, the wording in the approval emails that were sent out (though at the wrong times, and not everyone got one), once you are approved, your license will be issued within the next 30 days.

While I would love for my permit to be in my mailbox when I get home, I will not make any complaints until things go beyond what the law says (90 days with prints).

your point is valid for sure, but I think it's more the two-faced aspect of it. If the shoe was on the other foot, the avg joe would be sitting in the back of a patrol car because they let the license expire by 1, 2, 5, or 10 days. Thats how Illinois does business. But more accurately that's life. It's not fair.

Its depressing to read about the others approve on Friday (like me) that still have not received theirs. I get home in about a half hour and will find out my own status then. I hope to wally-walk this evening, followed by cracking open that special bottle when I return home..

If not, it can wait.

I guess I still have to wait. Nothing but junk in the mailbox. :(

Yup. Title says it. Why am I still under review? That's what happens when the IT dept. Uses Windows ME or any Apple product and they can't report the update.

Why hasn't my license arrived? Mailman slacking off? The wind catch it and your kids didn't think it was anything worth chasing?

Propose your conspiracy theories here!

Still "under review". Pout pout.

No fingerprint$. App started 12/18, submitted 1/5.

I know of one guy who I took the class with, who is approved, without having submitted prints.

I bet we'll have some answers by this time tomorrow from some folks who go to iGold. Sadly, I can't go because I forgot to ask off work in time.

Todd said on TV tonight that he thinks a large percentage of applicants should be approved by weekend, but obviously we haven't seen too much improvement in that direction.

Arrrgghhh, getting tired of waiting!!! I want my license by the time I head out of this 'hood Saturday!

Archived