Colt King Cobra returns in 2019

InterestedBystander

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/08/colt-king-cobra-returns/

This announcement could be something that Colt intended to keep under their hat until SHOT Show in a few weeks, but Shooting Industry magazine happened to leak it early. In 2019 we will see the reincarnation of the Colt King Cobra .357 Magnum revolver! At this time, there is very little information surrounding this new revolver brought back to life from Colt.

The King is back! Following the successful introduction of the Colt Cobra revolver in 2017, Colts King Cobra is reincarnated for 2019 as the 6-shot .357 Magnum big brother of Colt Cobra DA revolver. It sports a heavy-duty frame, 3-inch barrel and brushed stainless steel construction.

Following the successful introduction of the Colt Cobra revolver in 2017, Colts King Cobra is reincarnated for 2019 as the 6-shot .357 Magnum big brother of Colt Cobra DA revolver.

Success? I thought it was panned as an enormous POS?

Anyone own one after they got the bugs worked out? Any good?

*edited for context due to a temporary lack of reading comprehension...

I don't know what bugs they had to work out in the new Cobra.

I have not seen one in a shop yet.

I do have a 1989 KC with a 4" barrel. Excellent SA trigger. Beautiful gun.

I traded some old location audio gear for it to a buddy who said it didn't shoot very well.

It was him, not the gun!

Following the successful introduction of the Colt Cobra revolver in 2017, Colts King Cobra is reincarnated for 2019 as the 6-shot .357 Magnum big brother of Colt Cobra DA revolver.

Sucess? I thought it was panned as an enormous POS?

Anyone own one after they got the bugs worked out? Any good?

I don't know what bugs they had to work out, but I have a 1989 with a 4" barrel that works as it should.

I traded some old location audio gear for it to a buddy who said it didn't shoot very well.

It was him, not the gun!

The original was a fantastic gun. The new model released last year is an entirely new gun designed and built from the ground up. Using, for better or for worse, new manufacturing processes.

This is why I'm not a huge fan of them reviving snake guns as it will hurt the market on the originals. But I doubt Colt cares much about the original owners, they need cash quickly to keep their head above water.

Found the original article I remember reading.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/01/foghorn/first-impressions-new-colt-cobra/

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool!

I wonder if it will be as nice as my 1989 model?

No it won't be as nice, not by a long shot. I hate how they take such an iconic thing and mess it up. the new one is NOT hand fitted like yours, and rather than being polished stainless or beautiful blueing its bead blasted. this thing sucks and screams made cheap as possible. I hope they don't mess up the Python next.

Archived