Current FOID wait times...

SCARLETfrost

Well after 2 months I called ISP and said they just cleared my background check today and it would take a couple more days for the card to be printed and some more days for snail mail to come looking about another 2 weeks. Kinda ridiculous that you have to wait this long for a card that doesn't even make you a more responsible person.

Well after 2 months I called ISP and said they just cleared my background check today and it would take a couple more days for the card to be printed and some more days for snail mail to come looking about another 2 weeks. Kinda ridiculous that you have to wait this long for a card that doesn't even make you a more responsible person.

Call your state representative and/or senator at 31 days. Do not waste time calling the ISP.

Call your state representative and/or senator at 31 days. Do not waste time calling the ISP.

I did I said it a couple post back. I called the office the person who picked up said he will make some "phone calls" but never called me back. After that I tried to call the office again 2 times on different days but no answer so I left a message and again still no return call. So I called ISP and waited the 40 min on the phone to tell me I just cleared my background check and should have it in 2 weeks. When you call ISP they say the wait time is 60 days or something.

I did I said it a couple post back. I called the office the person who picked up said he will make some "phone calls" but never called me back. After that I tried to call the office again 2 times on different days but no answer so I left a message and again still no return call. So I called ISP and waited the 40 min on the phone to tell me I just cleared my background check and should have it in 2 weeks. When you call ISP they say the wait time is 60 days or something.

Yeah Vade, I was posting more for others than directing it at you. Seems you have elected officials less helpful than some of us. Too bad. You might make a followup call to that office to tell them that you got your card in spite of their lack of help. You might also mention that they will not get your vote at the next election and that you'll tell all your friends about their lack of cooperation.

Those folks work for us, we pay their salaries. When we ask for help, that should be their priority until the problem is resolved. Some get it, some don't.

Glad you got your card, sorry for the delays.

AB

This seems like the right place to ask, I didn't want to start a new thread. I have noticed there is no age restriction to the FOID. Is there anything to stop me from sending in an app for my one month old? I figured I would just put a pen in his hand and let him mark the line as a signature... Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

This seems like the right place to ask, I didn't want to start a new thread. I have noticed there is no age restriction to the FOID. Is there anything to stop me from sending in an app for my one month old? I figured I would just put a pen in his hand and let him mark the line as a signature... Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

The last I heard was the state police wouldn't process any foid cards for children under the age of 10.

I found the foid change of address on the isp site. Is it correct that if a person has a change of address they simply fill that out online and submit it and then the isp will send you a new card?

It is my understanding that they do NOT send you a new card. The ISP does not require you to have a card with your updated address, although it can cause problems if you go to buy a gun, since an FFL has the option to require the addresses on your DL and FOID to match - although they don't have to require this. I was told that if you want a new card, you must do a new application and send it in.

Ok thanks guys, I'll see what he wants to do. If that's true about correct addresses not being required on the actual card and there are ffls who are denying people if they don't have current addresses then those ffls need a talking to.

If the FOID address doesnt match the 4473 address they just need something that shows the current address. The only way I can see denying it is if they cant show anything for the current address

Archived