Kavanaugh vote today

THE KING

Senator Grassley made a motion to take the vote for Judge Kavanaugh today at 1:30 ET. This will be 12:30 our time. As typical, Senator Blumenthal made a motion to subpoena Mark Judge to testify in front of the committee. Another delay tactic. His motion did not pass.

Senator Grassley read a letter from Mark Judge pretty much stating that he did not want to be involved. He also supported Judge Kavanaugh in the letter denying the allegations.

Besides voting on Kavanaugh they will be voting on 9 more judicial appointees.

The Dems are so p***** they started walking out of the meeting.

It's about time.

Good to see the Dems act like this ....Hopefully the voters will see it in the midterms and vote them out.

If social media is any window into the mind of some people, they actually think that the Dems are doing god's work and that Ford is a hero.

The left is so indoctrinated, so dug in at this point that a vast majority of them will blindly believe that anything their party pulls is 100% justified, professional, and correct.

Good to see the Dems act like this ....Hopefully the voters will see it in the midterms and vote them out.

If social media is any window into the mind of some people, they actually think that the Dems are doing god's work and that Ford is a hero.

The left is so indoctrinated, so dug in at this point that a vast majority of them will blindly believe that anything their party pulls is 100% justified, professional, and correct.

Ah the censored to be far left echo box social media.

Hmmmm, the FBI has conducted six separate background checks on Kavanaugh with absolutely no sniff of anything, ANYTHING, even remotely close to any of this.

But NOW we need to wait for ”the Vaunted FBI” to do another investigation.

Question for them Dems — if you DO NOT BELIEVE the FBI why do you want them to do an investigation?? Do you feel ALL of the other checks were in error? And, if they got ALL those wrong why do you want another by the same agency?

If you believe the FBI then the six background checks that found absolutely NOTHING are credible — no?

Hmmmm, the FBI has conducted six separate background checks on Kavanaugh with absolutely no sniff of anything, ANYTHING, even remotely close to any of this. But NOW we need to wait for ”the Vaunted FBI” to do another investigation. Question for them Dems — if you DO NOT BELIEVE the FBI why do you want them to do an investigation?? Do you feel ALL of the other checks were in error? And, if they got ALL those wrong why do you want another by the same agency? If you believe the FBI then the six background checks that found absolutely NOTHING are credible — no?

Oh, it's transparent to anyone with a functioning OBJECTIVE brain why the Dems want it. Delay, delay, have him take more smears until he quits, or if they take a majority in midterms, thus until Jan...

Hmmmm, the FBI has conducted six separate background checks on Kavanaugh with absolutely no sniff of anything, ANYTHING, even remotely close to any of this. But NOW we need to wait for ”the Vaunted FBI” to do another investigation. Question for them Dems — if you DO NOT BELIEVE the FBI why do you want them to do an investigation?? Do you feel ALL of the other checks were in error? And, if they got ALL those wrong why do you want another by the same agency? If you believe the FBI then the six background checks that found absolutely NOTHING are credible — no?

Oh, it's transparent to anyone with a functioning OBJECTIVE brain why the Dems want it. Delay, delay, have him take more smears until he quits, or if they take a majority in midterms, thus until Jan...

During an FBI investigation, they would question and take sworn statements from alleged individuals involved. This is the exact same thing as making a sworn statement at a committee meeting. The very fact that they were there means they had a "shortcut through the BS" process to get sworn statements at those very moments from the individuals allegedly involved. Cybermgk is exactly correct that they don't give a damn about an investigation, a resolution, etc. All they care about is delaying the confirmation vote until after the mid-terms so that they could block the nominee assuming a Democratically controlled house.

When Kavanaugh is confirmed, you won't hear a peep about Ford as the Dems will no longer care about her as she was only used as a prop in the "We must do everything to stop Kavanaugh" campaign.

FWIW, Dems on committee keep bringing up how she named Kavenaugh early, in her letter to Feinsten and the Dem Congress woman. However, we only have Ford, who can't remember important things in the last week or two, and the two partisan Dems, that one had to have leaked (if we believe Ford that her or her lawyers didn't) AND sat on it for all this time. Oddly, she testified that when she mentioned it in therepy, she never named a name. ONLY recently was he named by her. This is exactly what would be the case if they found someone, who had an attempted rap, from around that time, and area, but couldn't really REMEMBER WHO TO USE AS A WEAPON.

FWIW, Dems on committee keep bringing up how she named Kavenaugh early, in her letter to Feinsten and the Dem Congress woman. However, we only have Ford, who can't remember important things in the last week or two, and the two partisan Dems, that one had to have leaked (if we believe Ford that her or her lawyers didn't) AND sat on it for all this time. Oddly, she testified that when she mentioned it in therepy, she never named a name. ONLY recently was he named by her. This is exactly what would be the case if they found someone, who had an attempted rap, from around that time, and area, but couldn't really REMEMBER WHO TO USE AS A WEAPON.

Posted just for accuracy-

It was easy to miss, but if you read the transcript or listen to the video, at 7:46, you will notice the passage quoted below.

I told my husband before we were married that I had experienced a sexual assault. I had never told the details to anyone until May 2012, during a couples counseling session. The reason this came up in counseling is that my husband and I had completed an extensive remodel of our home, and I insisted on a second front door, an idea that he and others disagreed with and could not understand. In explaining why I wanted to have a second front door, I described the assault in detail. I recall saying that the boy who assaulted me could someday be on the U.S. Supreme Court and spoke a bit about his background. My husband recalls that I named my attacker as Brett Kavanaugh.

After that May 2012 therapy session, I did my best to suppress memories of the assault because recounting the details caused me to relive the experience, and caused panic attacks and anxiety. Occasionally I would discuss the assault in individual therapy, but talking about it caused me to relive the trauma, so I tried not to think about it or discuss it. But over the years, I went through periods where I thought about Brett’s attack. I confided in some close friends that I had an experience with sexual assault. Occasionally I stated that my assailant was a prominent lawyer or judge but I did not use his name. I do not recall each person I spoke to about Brett’s assault, and some friends have reminded me of these conversations since the publication of The Washington Post story on September 16, 2018. But until July 2018, I had never named Mr. Kavanaugh as my attacker outside of therapy.

Here is the full text of the July 30 letter where Ford warned Feinstein about the alleged sexual assault:

July 30, 2018

CONFIDENTIAL

Senator Dianne Feinstein

Dear Senator Feinstein:

I am writing with information relevant in evaluating the current nominee to the Supreme Court. As a constituent, I expect that you will maintain this as confidential until we have further opportunity to speak.

Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted me during high school in the early 1980's. He conducted these acts with the assistance of his close friend, Mark G. Judge.

Both were 1-2 years older than me and students at a local private school. The assault occurred in a suburban Maryland area home at a gathering that included me and 4 others.

Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stairwell from the living room. They locked the door and played loud music, precluding any successful attempts to yell for help.

Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with Judge, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state.

With Kavanaugh's hand over my mouth, I feared he may inadvertently kill me.

From across the room, a very drunken Judge said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from "go for it" to "stop."

At one point when Judge jumped onto the bed, the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other.

After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me.

Both loudly stumbled down the stairwell, at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.

I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see Judge once at the Potomac Village Safeway, where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.

I have received medical treatment regarding the assault. On July 6, I notified my local government representative to ask them how to proceed with sharing this information. It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything.

I am available to speak further should you wish to discuss. I am currently vacationing in the mid-Atlantic until August 7th and will be in California after August 10th.

In confidence,

Christine Blasey

Pala Alto, California

I don't know if anyone else caught the slip when she was asked about keeping the allegation private until, "Just before" the confirmation hearing. Diane F is a real piece of work. It boggles my mind that so many don't see this for what it is... just stall and hopefully get the votes in the election to prevent any Trump nominee. They could then put in another of their hand picked sycophants; the court and our rights will be gone.

An FBI investigation would take weeks, if not months, with a very good chance to pushing the nomination past the election where the democrats are hoping to pick up enough seats to delay the vote until 2020. It's a hail mary, I say ram BK through yesterday!

Scalia's seat was vacant for 422 days. It probably won't take that long.

Archived