Photo

Gun Rights Policy Conference - GRPC - Sept. 21-23 in Rosemont, IL

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,375 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

Are you coming to the Gun Rights Policy Conference September 21-23 in Rosemont, IL? Great!

Can you volunteer some time? Even better!

The Second Amendment Foundation Needs YOU! Beginning sometime around 12:00 PM on Friday 9-21-18, volunteers will meet to help SAF staff set up the conference space with all of the books and materials that are given to each participant!

Can you stop by to help? Please post here or send me a PM!

For more information about the conference:

https://www.saf.org/grpc/

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

Bump as a reminder!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#3 kwc

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:20 PM

I’ll be there!
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

#4 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:42 PM

Is the location posted as a GFZ

Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#5 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:04 PM

Hey Sigma, hope to see you again this year. I'll look for you.
Have all boated who fish?

#6 Keith44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:11 PM

The Hyatt Regency O’hare is listed as a Criminal Protection Zone/Gun Free Zone in the Posted app.

-Keith.

NRA Life Member
..., the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. - 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

#7 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,741 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:59 PM

I'm bumping this independently of any organization.

The silence has me a bit worried. I participated in the GPRC setup the last time it was in town,

and we NEEDED all who came to help. I am planning to be at the setup, arranged with Molly long ago.

I have been silent, not wanting to foster a "they have enough people" attitude in this thread.

Quite frankly, with my mobility restrictions, I really don't count as a +1, maybe a +0.02 or so...

I'm just USED to, and not intimidated by, large numbers (due to the sign work)

We have LOST some of our stalwarts: Mr and Mrs Federal Farmer for example...

They are in Washington State, and I have no idea if they will attend, and would not bet on their being at setup.

MOST of the setup work involves the books distributed to all attendees.

Basically there will be a HUGE pile of boxes of books,

when setup is done, each seating position will have the same pile of about 18 different books.

Quite frankly I was BUSY, and all I was doing was flattening and stacking all the empty boxes!

With these EXAMPLE numbers, 500 attendees x 18 books = 9000 books

and if 40 books per box that's 225 boxes.

9000 books in 4 hours is  2250 per hour and  37.5 per minute. a box a minute.

Many hands make the work light, few hands means they work all night.

Quite frankly, it's great to be done, and mingle with the incoming Pro-gun activists socially Friday

evening at the various watering holes at the Hyatt before during and after the 7-9 pm reception.

If you keep up with events during the year, you will recognize various people and organizations

from the fight, and get the rock bottom straight stories of the fight, from the "grunts on the ground".

Remember the Lady that got in carry trouble in New Jersey because of an inadvertent state border crossing?

I met the people that spearheaded both that fight and booted the news in the backside to get it covered. Nationally.

Edited by markthesignguy, 15 September 2018 - 05:16 PM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......
NRA Life Member
ISRA Life Member
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️
Rauner, Harold, 77th HD:Airdo

#8 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

I'm working on Friday but plan to stop by after work for a cocktail and to mingle a bit. Always a good time when they make Chicago their home. If you're not signed up yet, do it today. People drive in from across the Great lakes area to attend, and others fly in. Always cool to see Mas Ayoob, my girlfriend Emily Miller (even though she's taken a liking to Ted Cruz), and all of the others too many to list. Myself, always happy to see Molly and friends at the IC booth.

#9 InterestedBystander

• 5,196 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

An updated agenda of speakers and events has been released

https://www.saf.org/...A-2018_9_11.pdf

e.g. interesting topics and familiar names

9:00 am. State Legislative Affairs Briefing I
John Cushman, _________________________________
Craig DeLuz, spokesman, The CalGuns Foundation
Dave Kopp, president, Arizona Citizens Defense League
Richard Pearson, executive vice president, Illinois State Rifle Association
Alexander Roubian, president, New Jersey Second Amendment Society7

4:45 p.m. Gun Rights Outreach Initiative
Rhonda Ezell, Lead Plaintiff, Ezell v. Chicago
Maj Toure, Black Guns Matter
Marcus Allen Weldon, author, The Santa Shooter
Rick Ector, founder, Legally Armed in Detroit

9:00 a.m. Advancing the Gun Rights Message
Herb Stupp, CCRKBA Director
Valinda Rowe, Illinois Carry
Yehuda Remer, creator of Safety On book series
Mike Piwowarski, Radio
Derek LeBlanc

(this one just interests me)
11:00 a.m. NFA and Silencer Legal Status
Todd Rathner, NFA Freedom Alliance, NRA Director

Edited by InterestedBystander, 15 September 2018 - 07:43 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
Rauner, Harold, Dodge, 46th HD:Kinzler, 8th CD:Diganvker, 55th HD:Smolenski, 91st HD:Unes

#10 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:23 PM

Yes, lots of help will be needed Friday afternoon starting around noon.  As Mark says, many hands make the work light!  It's also fun to help make it all come together.

#11 Keith44

• 475 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

If all goes well, I should be available to assist.

-Keith.

NRA Life Member
..., the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. - 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

#12 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:45 PM

If all goes well, I should be available to assist.

-Keith.

:clap:

#13 stillinois

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:46 PM

Hello Illinois Carry.  I'm new here and this is my first post.  I registered for GRPC back in early July.  I submitted my CCL application to ISP on 9/16/18 and created an account here a day later.

I figure it's best to just jump in with both feet so count me in for help with the setup.  I already had the entire day off from work so I'll be there by noon.  I'm looking forward to the whole experience.

#14 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:03 PM

Wonderful!!  Welcome!!

#15 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,741 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:03 AM

Molly, you have more "gun clout" than I, could you find out from SAF how many are pre-registered for the GRPC, and how many

we are going to set up for, and / or  how many seats do we have to put books at?

I know those numbers will be self evident on Friday, but it might give me a heads up to (find THEN bring) bring more supplies and equipment on Friday.

extra credit: how many rows of seats is the meeting room going to be set up with.

PM me IF you get some numbers.

Thank You.

MTSG

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......
NRA Life Member
ISRA Life Member
Rauner, Harold, 77th HD:Airdo

#16 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

Molly, you have more "gun clout" than I, could you find out from SAF how many are pre-registered for the GRPC, and how many

we are going to set up for, and / or  how many seats do we have to put books at?

I know those numbers will be self evident on Friday, but it might give me a heads up to (find THEN bring) bring more supplies and equipment on Friday.

extra credit: how many rows of seats is the meeting room going to be set up with.

PM me IF you get some numbers.

Thank You.

MTSG

I tried but I think everyone is traveling!  No info yet.

#17 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

We did not see any signs posted coming into the parking garage or on any of the elevators accessing the hotel from the parking garage.  No signs posted on the doors entering the hotel from the elevators.

The giant revolving door in the center of the front entrance is not posted.  To the far right and far left of the giant revolving door are banks of doors, one door at the far end of those doors is posted.

They cannot seriously consider that conspicuously posted.

#18 RoadyRunner

• 3,893 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:00 PM

They cannot seriously consider that conspicuously posted.

I bet they do though.....

IC Supporting member
NRA life member
NRA certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#19 Keith44

• 475 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

Where should we meet? The nominal GRPC meeting room (according to the Hyatt schedule kiosk) is currently occupied with another meetng?

NRA Life Member

#20 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

Volunteers

Meet on the ground level, Grand ballroom. It's down the hallway to the left as you come in the front entrance.

#21 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

Thank you to the IllinoisCarry volunteers today!!  It's always great to work with a wonderful group of people!!  Hope to see IllinoisCarry members at the reception this evening at 7:00!

#22 Keith44

• 475 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:28 PM

Here is a link to the “final” agenda:

https://www.saf.org/...-2018-FINAL.pdf

-Keith.

NRA Life Member

#23 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

Thank you!!

#24 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

The reception was really cool this evening.  There was a concealed carry fashion show with some very interesting concealed carry clothing for women and men from Silver State Apparel, UndetechUndercover.com, DesignerConcealedCarry.com, Incongnitoweaerix.com, AlexoAthletica.com, Piecekeepingwear.com,

And fantastic getting to visit Second Amendment friends old and new!  It's amazing to be in the same room with people from all over the nation who are making a difference in the fight for our rights.

We feel blessed!

#25 InterestedBystander

• 5,196 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:32 PM

bad urls should be
https://www.undertechundercover.com

and

https://incognitowearix.com

Edited by InterestedBystander, 21 September 2018 - 09:39 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
Rauner, Harold, Dodge, 46th HD:Kinzler, 8th CD:Diganvker, 55th HD:Smolenski, 91st HD:Unes

#26 InterestedBystander

• 5,196 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:55 PM

Any reports from those attending?

At the 2018 Gun Rights Policy Conference In, Yes, Chicago

https://www.thetruth...in-yes-chicago/

©2018 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter

#27 lockman

• Members
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

WHAT HAPPENS AT GRPC STAYS AT GRPC, UNLESS IT IS SENT OUT LIVE ON FACEBOOK.

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#28 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

It was a great conference - I have pages of notes and contacts.  Being there, meeting, listening to so many Second Amendment activist from every walk of life is so amazing.  Being with friends and making new friends is wonderful!

We had a great setup crew - hard working, fun, and just a real pleasure to be associated with them!

#29 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

From AP Tactical

Part one

Part two

Part three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogVYhcNA0Uk

#30 Molly B.

• 15,375 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:54 PM

2018 Gun Rights Policy Conference - Part 1 - Rogue LIVEcast

Gun Rights Policy Conference 2018 - Part 2 - Rogue LIVEcast

Gun Rights Policy Conference 2018 - Day 2 - Rogue LIVEcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j-U79KUKfM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users