Photo

POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

• Please log in to reply
1872 replies to this topic

#1861 vito

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

I'm not sure if the "Wall of Shame" on the Posted app might lead some people to not go to locations that are not posted at all. It seems that many chains must leave the decision as to whether or not to Post up to the manager or possibly the franchise owner, because several businesses listed on the Wall of Shame have locations here in Rockford where I live that are not Posted. The Walgreens that frequent is not posted, Nor is the McDonalds, or the Subway. I would hope that gun owners not penalize a business that is not Posted just because others owned by the company or by other franchise owners has decided to ban guns. 

Retired U.S. Army and Veteran of the Vietnam conflict

NRA Life Member

Fully retired!

#1862 InTheAir

• Supporting Members Team
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:15 PM

I'm not sure if the "Wall of Shame" on the Posted app might lead some people to not go to locations that are not posted at all. It seems that many chains must leave the decision as to whether or not to Post up to the manager or possibly the franchise owner, because several businesses listed on the Wall of Shame have locations here in Rockford where I live that are not Posted. The Walgreens that frequent is not posted, Nor is the McDonalds, or the Subway. I would hope that gun owners not penalize a business that is not Posted just because others owned by the company or by other franchise owners has decided to ban guns.

There are a few Buffalo Wild Wings that are not posted (even some that do not have the generic no weapons language on their doors). I don’t know if it is an oversite, or the franchisee doesn’t agree with the rule. Either way, I patronize those locations.
NRA Member
ISRA Member

#1863 vito

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

I should check out the Buffalo Wild Wings here in Rockford. I used to enjoy their wings, but had a hard time with the noise level in their restaurants. Putting up "No Guns" signs was enough to make sure I did not patronize.

Retired U.S. Army and Veteran of the Vietnam conflict

NRA Life Member

Fully retired!

#1864 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,965 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

The "Wall of Shame" is businesses who have the most locations posted.  McDonalds & Subway are just a matter of volume.  They leave the decision to the individual franchisees, and they're both so big that the anti-gun franchises are enough to make the list.  I would suspect that far fewer than 10% of McDonalds and Subways post anti-gun.

I agree that one should make their decision on a location-by-location basis.  There is the option to add "pro-gun / neutral" for a location which isn't posted.  I hope this helps!

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#1865 F12Mahon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

I should check out the Buffalo Wild Wings here in Rockford. I used to enjoy their wings, but had a hard time with the noise level in their restaurants. Putting up "No Guns" signs was enough to make sure I did not patronize.

The BWW in Sterling IL has no signage.

Eugene

#1866 blck10th

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

I don’t go there very often but two. Y me have just words as their gun free zone signs. Not the proper sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#1867 DrillGun

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:02 AM

Baxter Credit Union. No signage.

However, they do not support the Second. I HAD a personal account with them and attempted to open a business account. Baxter Credit Union or BCU said they have a policy about not doing business with firearm companies. So long story short I closed the personal account because Baxter does not respect nor support the Second amendment.  

#1868 Rilo

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

Gurnee Dodge/Chrysler/jeep

Have a non compliant sticker on every entrance. Off to another dealership.177AEA03-C35E-4809-947E-8CA74545D084.png

#1869 cola490

• 1,130 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:05 AM

Gurnee Dodge/Chrysler/jeep
Have a non compliant sticker on every entrance. Off to another dealership.attachicon.gif177AEA03-C35E-4809-947E-8CA74545D084.png

Very cool😎

Edited by cola490, 11 April 2018 - 08:05 AM.

#1870 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,325 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

IMO Wing Stop is as good as BWW,

#1871 Rilo

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

Update from gurnee Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler, because people have pulled guns in other dealerships a gun free zone will keep them safe! Taring everyone with the same brush, I did get the foid card owner number wrong though oooops9A288D0D-DB46-4CE8-95AF-083B1B1F97AD.png

#1872 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:28 PM

Hilton in Oak Brook Hills recently posted. I really think we can change this one.
Would you mind sending a short, message

Hilton_Direct_RFP@hilton.com
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#1873 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,965 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:29 AM

Hilton in Oak Brook Hills recently posted. I really think we can change this one.
Would you mind sending a short, message

Hilton_Direct_RFP@hilton.com

Email sent.  I have a nice "stock" anti-gun posting email that I just change the name and a couple of details. :)  But I don't expect any response.  There are an awful lot of Hiltons who are posted, and they've all ignored me (and others) in the past.  Consider switching to Marriott / Starwood properties.  They are overall much more carry-friendly.

From my research, usually Hilton, Hyatt & Holiday Inn are frequently anti-gun on their various properties.  Usually (but not always), Marriott, Starwood, Best Western are not posted.  Of all the chains, I think Hilton is the most anti-gun. :(

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users