Photo

FOID change of address/name form

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,375 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

To submit a request for address or name change on your FOID, you must submit the request online

https://www.ispfsb.c...ublic/FOID.aspx

or you may also request a name/address change by calling 217/782-7980 for the call-in alternative application. The fee for the name or address change is $5.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Craigcelia

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:45 AM

V,

Is this still the current fee do we know?  Friend of mine said it cost him $75 for a change of address.  If not current, feel free to update above and delete this post.

#3 Quiet Observer

• 1,102 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

According to the FAQ page on the Illinois State Police page, the replacement cost is $10.00 plus a $1.00 service charge.  That is the same as the charges for getting the card initially now. 

A name or address change to the FOID card costs $5.00.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx 

It seems that if it had been raised that much, we would have heard about it and there would have been a lot of discussion here. 

#4 Glock23

I am no one.

• 4,086 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

V,

Is this still the current fee do we know?  Friend of mine said it cost him $75 for a change of address.  If not current, feel free to update above and delete this post.

$75 is the fee to update/change the CCL, not the FOID.

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#5 Craigcelia

• 2,215 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:25 AM

V,

$75 is the fee to update/change the CCL, not the FOID.

Ahhhh.. Yes.  My bad, your correct!

#6 CAPTN JAXN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

Just paid $80 for both, $5 for FOID, $75 for CCL

#7 lilguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:43 AM

I misfiled the online app with same old address. Have been advised to pay fee and it will allow me to correct application. Will try it, Molly does this sound correct?

#8 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,375 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:37 PM

It does.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#9 lilguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Molly.

#10 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:53 AM

Just paid $80 for both, $5 for FOID, $75 for CCL

That is correct.

The two databases do "co-operate" somewhat with each other and you cannot change name / address on one "permit" without changing the name / address on the other.

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Phil Compton "ishmo", "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#11 lilguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

The Secretary of State only allows Barrington for your town even when you live in one of the other ones. Lake Barrington, North Barrington, Barrington Hills or South Barrington. You have to match with all the licenses so if you live in Barrington Hills they issue your license as Barrington.
Got my new drivers license and it would not let me put the actual Lake Barrington I now live in. They all come out of the same post office so thats the default, Barrington. So I put the same address that the Sec of State auto generates for my new gun cards. Hope this works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users