Rep Kalish Launches Petition to Pass Gun Reform

InterestedBystander

full story at link...

https://ilhousedems.com/2019/08/15/kalish-continues-effort-to-combat-gun-violence-launches-petition-to-pass-gun-reform/

...CHICAGO In the wake of the tragic mass shootings in Dayton and El Paso, state Rep. Yehiel Mark Kalish, D-Chicago, is leading the fight to pass gun control legislation, launching a petition drive to build support for a series of gun law reforms including stronger background checks, fingerprinting for all gun owners and revoking firearm privileges from dangerous individuals.

The senseless violence that has devastated communities across the country and touches countless Illinois families must endwe need to act now, Kalish said. There is a commonsense reform that is pending in the legislature that will save lives, the time to act is now.

Kalish is leading a petition drive in support of the Fix the FOID Act, Senate Bill 1966, a proposal that is backed by gun-control advocates and law enforcement groups. The measure will prevent irresponsible gun sales and protect Illinoisans from future tragedies by:

.Instituting universal background checks

.Requiring all firearms sales to take place through licensed dealers

.Requiring mandatory fingerprinting for all gun owner applications and renewals

.Keeping firearms out of the hands of dangerous individuals by working with law enforcement to create a database of prohibited, dangerous individuals

.Strengthening enforcement of gun revocations performed by the Illinois State Police and requiring any gun revocations for felony indictments

.Modernizing the gun owner licensing system by increasing the period for approving or denying an application to 90 days and allowing for cancellations

Kalish helped pass the legislation out of the House during the spring legislative session, however, it did not receive a vote in the Senate. Kalish is launching a petition drive to help build support to pass the lifesaving reform.

I refuse to stand by while gun violence threatens our families, Kalish said. We need to work together to get this proposal passed and reverse the alarming increased trend of tragic mass shootings.

Kalish is urging residents to contact request a petition, sign the petitions over the phone, or to sign his petition online at bit.ly/KalishEndGunViolencePetition. For more information or to sign Kalishs petition to combat senseless gun violence contact his office at 847-673-1131....

once again i feel the need to post my definition of stupid,stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.i wonder why the left wing media never mention if the gang banger shooters in chicago have foid cards,maybe because the answer proves the foid is a sham and only law abiding folks have them.yep,making it harder for law abiding folks to legally posess firearms surly will make illinois safer.

Now, someone please tell me how having my fingerprints on file somewhere will lower crime.

I have a better idea, Kalish.....you ask my permission, on your knees, to go to worship every holy day. Then you petition my approval to speak your mind or post opinions in the paper about anything political. You'll have to pay a fee to redress from the government for grievances. That also means no rallies or assemblies unless you register everyone and pay lots and lots of money. Yeah, huge fees and all your info on a database, so we can silence you and imprison you for any old reason we can think of.

Take your noise and fold it until it's all corners, and shove it down your llithren sbwriel.

It's long overdue that we hit back on the things that they want.

Self defense is a right and the politicians need to recognize that.

Want fingerprints to own a gun? Ok, make fingerprints mandatory to get a state ID.

Want mandatory firearm education? Make it a mandatory course to graduate 8th grade.

Want mandatory continuing education? Give a tax credit for the cost of any accredited courses taken throughout the year. I'll cover the ammo, I'd rather burn it training than practicing.

Want safe storage? Provide a tax credit on quick access safes and a tax deduction on residential security containers and safes.

Better yet, how is it almost 2020 and the ATF does not have mobile app to give me a simple yes/no on whether or not it is ok to transfer a firearm to someone? No PII, just a simple yes/no.

Why do I have to fill out a 4473 every time I want to freedom? I should be able to enter all of that once then click I affirm in the app and have it be part of giving a yes back to the seller.

We keep saying not one more inch and digging in our heels but maybe we should be digging in our toes and taking the fight to them. They are the obstructionists.

Want fingerprints to own a gun? Ok, make fingerprints mandatory to get a state ID.

Want mandatory firearm education? Make it a mandatory course to graduate 8th grade.

Want mandatory continuing education? Give a tax credit for the cost of any accredited courses taken throughout the year. I'll cover the ammo, I'd rather burn it training than practicing.

Want safe storage? Provide a tax credit on quick access safes and a tax deduction on residential security containers and safes.

Better yet, how is it almost 2020 and the ATF does not have mobile app to give me a simple yes/no on whether or not it is ok to transfer a firearm to someone? No PII, just a simple yes/no.

Why do I have to fill out a 4473 every time I want to freedom? I should be able to enter all of that once then click I affirm in the app and have it be part of giving a yes back to the seller.

We keep saying not one more inch and digging in our heels but maybe we should be digging in our toes and taking the fight to them. They are the obstructionists.

Several of your proposals result in a de facto registry. I’ll fill out the 4473 every time rather than have the data sitting in a database somewhere.

There's another angle to this story.

Kalish was appointed anointed by Lou Lang to take his seat at the beginning of the spring session.

Kalish stepped in it when he filed a bill to make all houses of worship into disarmed-citizen zones.
The response against it was so overwhelming that he had to table it.
He supported every other 2A infringment offered up, however.

He ran afoul of the progressives when he failed to vote for the so-called Reproductive Rights Act.

To the progressives he represents failure on these two issues.

Enter Denyse Wang Stoneback.
She is the darling of the progressives. She threw her hat into the ring this month to unseat Kalish,
she has the support of the Niles Township Democrats including Lou Lang.

Remember Denyse as the founder/leader of the not-to-be-confused-with-Lee-Goodman group of elitist gun grabbers called "People for a Safer Society",
the group that held up the Niles gun range for 5 years with nuisance suits.

Kalish is thrashing, and Stoneback will likely replace him.

Several of your proposals result in a de facto registry. I’ll fill out the 4473 every time rather than have the data sitting in a database somewhere.

They actually get rid of the registry in Illinois. I never said change the law so that the ATF can keep the data that the people in the gun store already type in to run your background check.

There's another angle to this story.

Kalish was appointed anointed by Lou Lang to take his seat at the beginning of the spring session.

Kalish stepped in it when he filed a bill to make all houses of worship into disarmed-citizen zones.

The response against it was so overwhelming that he had to table it.

He supported every other 2A infringment offered up, however.

He ran afoul of the progressives when he failed to vote for the so-called Reproductive Rights Act.

To the progressives he represents failure on these two issues.

Enter Denyse Wang Stoneback.

She is the darling of the progressives. She threw her hat into the ring this month to unseat Kalish,

she has the support of the Niles Township Democrats including Lou Lang.

Remember Denyse as the founder/leader of the not-to-be-confused-with-Lee-Goodman group of elitist gun grabbers called "People for a Safer Society",

the group that held up the Niles gun range for 5 years with nuisance suits.

Kalish is thrashing, and Stoneback will likely replace him.

This EXACTLY. Niles Township is a waste of money and a little political fiefdom. Land was a bum and I am glad he was thrown out. They really covered up all the crap he did along with that Mapes bum too. Good riddance Lang. Why is it these losers get thrown out on their ear but still wield behind the scenes power ? Its as disgusting as the man himself.

Archived