And this is why Trump messed up by banning bumpstocks

steveTA84

Not even 4 months into the ban and we already have this

https://reason.com/2019/07/03/relying-on-the-same-illogic-that-trump-used-to-ban-bump-stocks-a-new-lawsuit-argues-that-customizable-rifles-are-illegal/?fbclid=IwAR3fPvZR2jwi_uCGq_cwA1OpLAt2T5i1XkhhI8GupPLiqD0Vpvppv3O687o

A new lawsuit against the manufacturers of guns used in the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting argues that AR-15-style rifles are illegal because they are compatible with bump stocks, which increase their rate of fire. The plaintiffs, parents of a woman who was murdered in the Las Vegas massacre, argue that bump stocks like the ones used in that attack convert semi-automatic rifles into illegal machine gunsa position that has been endorsed by the Trump administration. Therefore, they argue, AR-15s are themselves illegal, since the federal definition of machine guns includes firearms that "can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

Saw this coming a mile away

can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

My AR15 was never able to shoot more than one shot per trigger pull. So how can it be restored to do something it never could do?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep

Trumps fault that a deranged mad man shot up a concert in Vegas

Move along people nothing to see here

The NRA is responsible

Trump is responsible

The bump stock sellers are responsible

Lawsuits are in the air and would have been drawn up with or without the bump ban

People died and someone has to pay.

We love trump to the end we all want to sleep with the guy for two years before the HISTORIC win

Now he doesn’t do exactly what this group wants and it’s him now bending us over, really.

The fickle finger of fate will be the reward, trump loses and Biden or warren gets in, then you’ll be crying so hard your grandkids will have red eyes!

This lawsuit uses the "logic" that Trump laid out in his bump stock ban. I doubt that's an accident.

Hopefully the courts overturn Trump's unconstitutional ban, but this is not a place we should feel good about being.

It will be determined faulty logic in the end.

^ this ***

At least FPC and GOA are fighting it still

Yep

The NRA is responsible

Trump is responsible

Lawsuits are in the air and would have been drawn up with or without the bump ban

We love trump to the end we all want to sleep with the guy for two years before the HISTORIC win

Now he doesn’t do exactly what this group wants and it’s him now bending us over, really.

The fickle finger of fate will be the reward, trump loses and Biden or warren gets in, then you’ll be crying so hard your grandkids will have red eyes!

I’ll be voting for him again. He’s worlds better on guns than any Dem candidate running (which isn’t saying much)

Yep

The NRA is responsible

Trump is responsible

I’ll be voting for him again. He’s worlds better on guns than any Dem candidate running (which isn’t saying much)

Plus putting constitutional judges on the courts unlike any Democrat that might get elected.

Yep

The NRA is responsible

Trump is responsible

Except that he isn't. He's a worse Anti than the vast majority of the Dem candidates. I've challenged anyone to show me any pro-2nd amendment actions he has personally taken, and so far that list is effectively blank.

^^^

In reality, none (except tearing up the mostly symbolic UN arms treaty).

BUT hes not campaigning/promising executive action on guns, a national gun owner licensing system, forced buy back of semi autos.........

Right, instead, he's telling you he's going to take your guns away without due process, his assault weapons ban will not include buying anything back, just seizing them (like with the bumpstocks), and he'll agree with Dianne Feinstein on gun control anyways. He's not campaigning on it, but that's what he's doing.

So he has no positive pro-2nd amendment actions under his belt, and all of his actions and views are Anti views (and worse than most gun-grabbering Dems).

^^^

BUT hes not campaigning/promising executive action on guns, a national gun owner licensing system, forced buy back of semi autos.........

Right, instead, he's telling you he's going to take your guns away without due process, his assault weapons ban will not include buying anything back, just seizing them (like with the bumpstocks), and he'll agree with Dianne Feinstein on gun control anyways. He's not campaigning on it, but that's what he's doing.

So he has no positive pro-2nd amendment actions under his belt, and all of his actions and views are Anti views (and worse than most gun-grabbering Dems).

ive read a number of your posts against trump. You have yet to give a more viable option. Please, help us understand who the better candidate is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^

ive read a number of your posts against trump. You have yet to give a more viable option. Please, help us understand who the better candidate is.

I am asking for people to hold Trump accountable for his Anti views and actions. So far, no one is willing to.

^^^

I am asking for people to hold Trump accountable for his Anti views and actions. So far, no one is willing to.

And it seems, "...no one is willing...", to offer a better candidate either.

And it seems, "...no one is willing...", to offer a better candidate either.

So instead of demanding the president stop being an Anti, you'll just accept it. There SHOULD be an outrage at all of Trump's actions against the 2nd amendment, but instead; crickets.

This is exactly why the 2nd amendment is REALLY under threat.

If these things had been done by a [President Dem], there would be a buying frenzy on guns and ammo.

Prices would have skyrocketed...

This is true. We would be hearing about watering the tree of liberty on a daily basis if a Dem candidate did half of the things Trump has done against the 2nd amendment.

^^^

And this is where the problem lies. Too many people are unwilling to call him out on his anti-gun stuff. Too many apologists that think its a chess move or something. You can still support the guy in other areas, but in terms of 2A, he stinks (BUT is still better than any current Dem running in terms of guns)

He's not better in terms of guns. Not by a long shot. Obama didn't ban anything. Trump did. No Dem candidate is talking about taking away guns without due process, Trump is. No Dem candidate that I've seen is talking about banning assault rifles and not giving compensation for them, Trump is. It's an embarrassment. Trump was supposed to get us our rights back, but that didn't happen. And we should have demanded it. We haven't. That's why we're getitng our rights taken away, because we're ok with it apparently, as long as it's done by someone with an ® in front of their name. This is how we got the 1968 GCA (with NRA support). This is how Reagan passed the FOPA in 1986. Those are two of the worst anti-2nd amendment laws in the last 80 years. With Republican help. THIS is when we need to be outraged. This is when we need to stand up for our rights, because otherwise, they're just going to be given away.

Trump is worse by all metrics on guns than most of the Dem candidates, and the bigger problem is that people accept it and say they'll vote for him as is anyways. Unless he's going to do a serious 180 before the end of the primaries, he's going to give our rights away. He's going to trend even MORE anti, where a Dem candidate would trend less Anti.

If a dem was in the white house the SCOTUS would be pushed so far to the left that this forum would be shut down for violating hate speech laws and gun rights organizations would be banned as terrorists organizations. The picture is much bigger than bump stocks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived