Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Armed Woodstock man steals 60-inch TV from Walmart, police say

A 24-year-old Woodstock man was arrested Monday night after police said he stole a 60-inch Vizio TV from a Walmart in Woodstock and brandished a handgun when he was asked to pay.

Woodstock police responded about 5 p.m. Monday to the supercenter, 1275 Lake Ave., for reports of a person who might have displayed a weapon to employees, according to a news release from Woodstock police.

Witnesses on the scene told police that the offender tried to take the TV, valued at about $700, from the store without paying. When an employee asked the man to show a receipt for proof of purchase, the man brandished a handgun, Woodstock Police Chief John Lieb said.

The suspect then fled on foot with the TV.

If the governor signs the Gun Dealer Licensing bill - it will do away with this sort of nonsense !

• 2 weeks later...

Family accidentally eats 21-year-old Quaker Oats cereal they got from Walmart

A family in Colorado has proved why it’s always important to look at the expiration dates before buying groceries.

After getting home from Walmart on Monday, the Carelses — of Lakewood, Colo. — realized that they had purchased a box of Quaker 100% Natural Granola cereal that was more than two decades old.

Only problem was, they didn’t notice until after they started eating it.

“I had about two bites, and that was it,” Andrea Carelse told Denver 7.

Her husband, Josiah, scarfed down an entire bowl.

“I just started eating and thinking, ‘It just tastes funny. It must be OK,’” he said, noting how his wife had warned him to stop.

“I was like, ‘Josiah, you’re going to be really sick,'” Andrea remembered.

Luckily for him, the cereal — which was dated Feb. 22, 1997 — didn’t cause any problems.

“We just grabbed this off the shelf and yeah… 21 years old,” Josiah said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I put up something here about Walmart.

Yesterday I went to Walmart. Then I washed my hands. It's kind of like going in the restroom where upon exit washing is necessary. So many people coughing.

I'd avoid the place entirely, but I was looking for cheap and local .308.

Yesterday I went to Walmart. Then I washed my hands. It's kind of like going in the restroom where upon exit washing is necessary. So many people coughing.

So what did they have in .308 and how was their prices.

Nothing I could find. The case was not organized at all. And there was a kid who wandered out of the toy section coughing. I couldn't hold my breath that long, so it became a quick scan that got abandoned out of concern for my health.

Nothing I could find. The case was not organized at all. And there was a kid who wandered out of the toy section coughing. I couldn't hold my breath that long, so it became a quick scan that got abandoned out of concern for my health.

Thanks, guess I will just have to check out my Wally world next time I go shopping.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived