Photo

So I just got a call demanding my entire student roster

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 TrainIllinois

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:26 AM

Is that normal? For a blanket request of every single student I"ve ever had? I haven't been in illinois since 2014 (glad the login still works on here) I thought it was single person verification as those that took it and never turned their stuff in wouldn't be subject to review.

Edited by TrainIllinois, 05 June 2019 - 09:31 AM.

#2 Patriots & Tyrants

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

A call from whom, the ISP? Are you sure it was the ISP and not a scammer or some sort anti gunners fishing for info?

#3 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,616 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:41 AM

Anybody on your roster share a name with anyone in the newspaper recently? There's been some FCCL holding shooting cases and who knows what gets said in the interview room afterwards.

#4 OrlandInstructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

How do they want the rosters sent?

#5 Chief Illiniwek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

A call from whom, the ISP? Are you sure it was the ISP and not a scammer or some sort anti gunners fishing for info?

This.  I'd think the ISP would send a formal letter rather than just a phone call. 

Liberals:  If the shoe doesn't fit, make everyone wear it.  -  Ann Coulter

IllinoisCarry Supporting Member

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

#6 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,514 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:51 AM

This.  I'd think the ISP would send a formal letter rather than just a phone call. 

Seriously, a call FROM the ISP! This man needs to buy a powerball ticket.

#7 OrlandInstructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

A couple of Instructors on Facebook groups are saying that they received emails from ISP asking for copies of rosters.

#8 Craigcelia

• 2,489 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

A couple of Instructors on Facebook groups are saying that they received emails from ISP asking for copies of rosters.

Which facebook groups?

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member

GOA Member
ICCL Classes Available

#9 OrlandInstructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

Illinois Concealed Carry Instructors

#10 Craigcelia

• 2,489 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:11 AM

Illinois Concealed Carry Instructors

Thanks.  Yea I tried getting in last time but refused to input my instructor number.

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member

GOA Member
ICCL Classes Available

#11 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,069 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

I have submitted an inquiry with ISP.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#12 mchenryill

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

Doesn't ISP know who has a CCL?

#13 TrainIllinois

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:14 AM

Well when you get in a car wreck and and move out of state..... none of my other contact info is still good.

Doesn't ISP know who has a CCL?

Thats kinda my point

#14 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:15 AM

Did they misplace their own paperwork?

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#15 TrainIllinois

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:15 AM

I have submitted an inquiry with ISP.

Thank you I really really don't want to be responsible for facilitating identity theft or political targeting of my students.

#16 drumgod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:19 AM

I'm having deja vu.  Didn't the same thing go down a couple years ago with a handful of trainers?

#17 OrlandInstructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:33 AM

The Instructor who originally posted this on a Facebook group received a call back from ISP and the email/request is legit. They are also contacting Instructors whos credentials are close to expiring or expired to see what their intentions are.

Edited by OrlandInstructor, 05 June 2019 - 10:36 AM.

#18 lockman

• Members
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:43 AM

The Instructor who originally posted this on a Facebook group received a call back from ISP and the email/request is legit. They are also contacting Instructors whos credentials are close to expiring or expired to see what their intentions are.

Why do they care? If I am a registered instructor and have jumped through the hoops what difference does it make what my intentions are? I either renew my credentials or expire as a registered instructor. Is there someting inbetween?

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#19 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,514 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

Did they misplace their own paperwork?

I think we might have a winner....

#20 OrlandInstructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

By contacting Instructors about their credentials they are trying to protect students eligibility. If an Instructor quits teaching and let their credentials expire then they go on the revoked list. Any student training certificates sent in after this would be denied because their Instructor is revoked.

#21 InterestedBystander

• 6,405 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:16 PM

By contacting Instructors about their credentials they are trying to protect students eligibility. If an Instructor quits teaching and let their credentials expire then they go on the revoked list. Any student training certificates sent in after this would be denied because their Instructor is revoked.

Did I misunderstand? Should not certificates be valid during the time frames the Instructors had a valid license?
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#22 OrlandInstructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:26 PM

According to the Facebook post ISP stated that if they knew an Instructor didn’t renew their credentials because they quit teaching then ISP would accept the certificate. They are contacting Instructors to help students.

#23 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:22 PM

What would a teachers expired license have to do with a students cert if the cert was done during an active teaching license?

...and justice for all

#24 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:29 PM

According to the Facebook post ISP stated that if they knew an Instructor didn’t renew their credentials because they quit teaching then ISP would accept the certificate. They are contacting Instructors to help students.

I doubt they would do ANYTHING to help students. This sounds like someone has an agenda going.

#25 Molly B.

• 16,069 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:36 PM

What would a teachers expired license have to do with a students cert if the cert was done during an active teaching license?

If an instructor is listed as revoked, any application submitted with that instructor's number will denied.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#26 Molly B.

• 16,069 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:50 PM

It would make more sense to list the instructor's certification as expired and allow any certificate with an issue date prior to that.

#27 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:00 PM

It would make more sense to list the instructor's certification as expired and allow any certificate with an issue date prior to that.

Does anything happen with already active licenses under an instructor if they decide to leave the business?

#28 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:08 PM

Does anything happen with already active licenses under an instructor if they decide to leave the business?

As long as they left under proper terms there shouldn't be any concerns.

...and justice for all

#29 richp

• Members
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:39 PM

And why would such a request not be made in writing? Seems like that would authenticate the process in question.

Just asking...

Rich Phillips

#30 vern

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

I Hope not. I know his class that I was in was legit. No time shorting or material skipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users