Consensus on Glock 43X?

Constable85

I am really happy with the Glock 43x. With the addition of the Shield Arms 15 round magazine it is a great option for me. I own a 43, glock 26 and glock 19. A long time ago I decided to stardardize with glock 9mm. The 43 was just too small for my had, the Glock 26 was a lot better fit, but the grip was just a tad too short, even with the extension mag. I never really carried the 19 much as it was bigger than I wanted to carry/conceal. The 43x grip length fits my hand really well and it is thinner than the Glock 26. The only downside, originally was the limited rounds. Now with the shield arms mags, it is the best of all the worlds. 15 round in such a small, easy to carry pistol is outstanding. I have had no issues with reliability, over 1000 rounds of all kinds of ammo and 500 rounds through the shield arms magazines. Shield Arms does recommend you replace Glock's plastic mag release with their (or any other) metal mag release. I did the swap myself and I am no gunsmith. It was pretty easy. So as you can tell, I like the 43x. It is a great option.

I do not have a 43X but do have a 43 with a plus 2 magazine extension that makes it about the same size. I do like the feel of the longer grip but since I usually carry the 43 in an ankle holster, the longer length would cause a problem. I carry the longer mag as a reload. IF I carried it other ways, I could use the extended mag if I wanted

Archived