Mayor Captures Burglar, Holds at Gunpoint

richp

Hi,

So I'm down in Gulf Shores, watching today's local news on a Mobile, AL station. The lead piece was about the Mayor of Mobile coming home and catching a burglar in his garage. The Mayor evidently was ready to take care of business -- according to the report, he pulled his pistol and held the criminal until police arrived.

Gotta wonder why the Mayor had to take care of business himself. After all, we keep being told that important public figures need police protection.

But more interestingly, the news was reported in an absolutely ordinary, non-hysterical manner. It was sort of like people down here think it's normal for others to be carrying, and protecting themselves and their property. Imagine that...

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Well Im wrapping up a 15 day trip that took me out into this mythical land called America...

I've heard their free to actually carry "loaded guns" in Wyoming without a "permit" if your lucky enough to be a resident :woohoo: :hug:

Even in those far off lands of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Communist Minnesota there's a means to carry if your not a Felon...

But South Dakota and Wyoming are just not with "The Rural Council" :rolleyes: :shocked: :twitch: :clap: :frantics: :frantics:

I carried the whole time and everyone was polite the whole way EXCEPT ILLINOIS :no:

They better cut all this freedom out before it turns into CHICAGO out there!!!

Hi,

So I'm down in Gulf Shores, watching today's local news on a Mobile, AL station. The lead piece was about the Mayor of Mobile coming home and catching a burglar in his garage. The Mayor evidently was ready to take care of business -- according to the report, he pulled his pistol and held the criminal until police arrived.

Gotta wonder why the Mayor had to take care of business himself. After all, we keep being told that important public figures need police protection.

But more interestingly, the news was reported in an absolutely ordinary, non-hysterical manner. It was sort of like people down here think it's normal for others to be carrying, and protecting themselves and their property. Imagine that...

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

I travel alot for work and it's like that most places but here! I bet this mayor wasn't on the mayors against guns list when HR822 was getting voted on LOL

Hi,

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

I travel alot for work and it's like that most places but here! I bet this mayor wasn't on the mayors against guns list when HR822 was getting voted on LOL

Au, contraire, Uncle......he IS a member of Mayors against Illegal Guns and now has people looking into if he had a concealed carry permit for his weapon

Alabama Paper Coverage of follow up story

Well Im wrapping up a 15 day trip that took me out into this mythical land called America...

I've heard their free to actually carry "loaded guns" in Wyoming without a "permit" if your lucky enough to be a resident :woohoo: :hug:

Even in those far off lands of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Communist Minnesota there's a means to carry if your not a Felon...

But South Dakota and Wyoming are just not with "The Rural Council" :shifty: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

I carried the whole time and everyone was polite the whole way EXCEPT ILLINOIS :no:

They better cut all this freedom out before it turns into CHICAGO out there!!!

Like you I just returned from a 5 day trip to the rest of the country. I carried everywhere except in Illinois. No on was hurt and to be honest no one cared or even knew that I was caring. What a wonderful feeling of freedom that all of the rest of the country has. It was great and I really dislike what this backward state has done for all of us. This state is really disliked by many in the rest of the country. I was in Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania and I was legal in every state. Things need to change here but I really do not see that happening as the mind of the people in charge here are not logical in their thinking. It was so nice to be in the "rest" of the free country. Now back to reality...

Archived