#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:26 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ISP Public Information Office
April 9, 2020
ISP.PIO.Personnel@Illinois.gov

ILLINOIS STATE POLICE DIRECTOR FILES EMERGENCY RULES REGARDING FOID AND CCL RENEWALS
Springfield, IL – The Illinois State Police filed emergency rules this week to address renewals of Firearm Owner Identification and Concealed Carry Licenses during the COVID-19 epidemic.

These rules are designed to provide FOID card holders and CCL relief from the renewal requirements during the effects of COVID-19 pandemic.

These rule changes are as follows:
FOID card holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.

CCL licensees, who submit their renewal application, will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following its termination, even if their CCL renewal application was not submitted prior to expiration.

CCL licensees will not be required to immediately submit proof of three-hour training with their CCL renewal application.

CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state’s disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license.

ISP will continue to enforce both FOID and CCL prohibitors. FOID card holders who receive revocation notices shall return their FOID and Firearm Disposition Record form to the Illinois State Police. CCL holders who receive revocation notices shall return their CCL license to the Illinois State Police.

These new rules are effective immediately.

Attached File  ISP 4.09 FOID-CCL Renewal.pdf   325.16KB   958 downloads

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 6,261 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:34 PM

I thought I had something in my eye.  A 12 month extension to get the renewal in?  Let's hope that all LEO and not to mention LGS's all get the memo.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#3 3ddiver

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:40 PM

Is this a done deal or does it need to be approved?

#4 davel501

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:44 PM

What are they doing for new applicants? Seems like IL should be constitutional carry for the time of the disaster + 12 months.

#5 101abn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:44 PM

Acording to Mollys post, Effective immediately

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Μολὼν λαβέ

#6 Raw Power

• 2,386 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:46 PM

Lovely news.

Thanks Molly!

Edited by Raw Power, 09 April 2020 - 02:55 PM.

#7 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 14,116 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:48 PM

if you read the PDF at the bottom of Molly’s post is says “Effective immediately “

I must say I am pleasantly surprised. 
First Jelly Belly declares gun shops as essential businesses and now this.

Has he finally realized there are several million more votes he can get if he were 2A friendly?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#8 3ddiver

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:52 PM

if you read the PDF at the bottom of Molly’s post is says “Effective immediately “

I must say I am pleasantly surprised. 
First Jelly Belly declares gun shops as essential businesses and now this.

Has he finally realized there are several million more votes he can get if he were 2A friendly?

I read it but wasn't sure if it still had to go to JCAR

#9 ScopeEye

• 1,414 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:10 PM

And I got Gypped out of 2 month's on my CC renewal

#10 ragsbo

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:16 PM

Wonder if they think this will get them out of lawsuits over the stolen funds etc?   I like it but I also worry what they are up to. I don't trust them one iota

#11 SiliconSorcerer

• 2,948 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:28 PM

And I got Gypped out of 2 month's on my CC renewal

Got 10 month's free...

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

Remington Historical Foundation - 501©3 - donate to me ;) 

NRA Benefactor Member

Gun Owners of America

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#12 GT1

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:35 PM

Can't really complain about this turn of events.

It beats the tangled up snafu they'd have if they tried to process it while everything is in shambles as far as staff and resources.

gun totin' liberal
All fundamental liberties are interrelated. When you weaken one, you weaken them all, even if it is not immediately apparent to the short-sighted and fearful.
We live in a first world nation with a third world president and administration.

#13 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Members
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:38 PM

Yep they have to be up to something huh? Exactly...why trust them?
I mean we have a dozen threads moaning and groaning and now they do what we have been calling for!
But why believe them at all?

Internet forums are so crazy........

Now.....its time for the Im going to wait the full 12 months to even renew and get as much out of the state as possible!
SMFH

Ask for Cake n Ice Cream and when it gets to the table, its not the flavor you want.....LOL

Edited by Bubbacs, 09 April 2020 - 03:39 PM.

#14 baldtaxguy

• 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:42 PM

Whoa...12 months? 

Edited by baldtaxguy, 24 April 2020 - 06:39 AM.

#15 TomKoz

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:48 PM

They know the world is gonna end in 2 weeks !!
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!
11Bravo Infantry
Yeah, Id die for my country, but Ive been trained to make the other guy die for his instead !

#16 snooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:55 PM

I think lard jabba is worried about downstate turning on dems....bet downstate dems have made there concerns known....champaign county was a good thing...exposed them for who they are...

#17 cope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:58 PM

So not speaking legalese...... here is my deal... I need to change the address on my D/L FOID and CCL ....... my CCL will expire in a few months ....... the DMV is not open during the 'disaster' period and will not open until that period is over

so if I cannot change my D/L until the period is over then how will the 'grace period' effect me if my CCL expires before then?

does the submittal have to happen during the 'disaster' period? this would by proxy leave me out cold as I cannot submit renewal during the 'disasteer' period because the DMV will not be open to change my address

#18 crash7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:50 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CCL licensees will not be required to immediately submit proof of three-hour training with their CCL renewal application.

CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state’s disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL.

Attached File  ISP 4.09 FOID-CCL Renewal.pdf   325.16KB   958 downloads

Ok. I’m dumb. Question: My wife’s CCL expires in August. She got her letter reminding her to renew right when the emperor shut everything down. So, she hasn’t had a chance to do the 3 hr renewal class. Does this mean she can go online and ‘renew’ without the certificate from said class? Will the website allow that?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 steveTA84

• Members
  • 8,084 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:06 PM

Shocked. They’re doing the right things during all of this (so far). Credit due when it’s due

#20 Sitegirl

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:13 PM

Why isn’t there anything on the Illinois State Police website about this.  We are certified instructors in Illinois and we received no notice of this.   We have students that are sending this to us and we have no knowledge if it’s real.

#21 stockboyy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:15 PM

Please beware

A Snake is A Snake

If it don't Bite us today

It will the next-day  or  the day-after.

#22 WitchDoctor

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:26 PM

Yep they have to be up to something huh? Exactly...why trust them?
I mean we have a dozen threads moaning and groaning and now they do what we have been calling for!
But why believe them at all?

Internet forums are so crazy........

Now.....its time for the Im going to wait the full 12 months to even renew and get as much out of the state as possible!
SMFH

Ask for Cake n Ice Cream and when it gets to the table, its not the flavor you want.....LOL

That sounds so much like my wife and kids.

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to  wonderful, most times, kids...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

Violence and force is what criminals understand!

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#23 mikew

• Members
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:58 PM

Betcha the 60-day situation with face-to-face denials is still there, and will be there for a while.

#24 InterestedBystander

• 7,516 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:07 PM

People are talking about getting free extra months...maybe or maybe not. They changed the law to issue new cards to expire 5 years from expiration date, not process date. So maybe you can run on an "expired" card for 12 months but when they get around to printing your new one, you might only get 4 years until new expire date.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 09 April 2020 - 06:08 PM.

NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#25 InterestedBystander

• 7,516 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Betcha the 60-day situation with face-to-face denials is still there, and will be there for a while.

Should not be, but I wont take you up on that bet.
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#26 SiliconSorcerer

• 2,948 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:19 PM

JB does sound like wife...

Attached Thumbnails

• thumbnail.jpg

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

Remington Historical Foundation - 501©3 - donate to me ;) 

NRA Benefactor Member

Gun Owners of America

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#27 Chief Illiniwek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state’s disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL.

attachicon.gifISP 4.09 FOID-CCL Renewal.pdf

Ok. I’m dumb. Question: My wife’s CCL expires in August. She got her letter reminding her to renew right when the emperor shut everything down. So, she hasn’t had a chance to do the 3 hr renewal class. Does this mean she can go online and ‘renew’ without the certificate from said class? Will the website allow that?

Thanks.

From what it says, she can renew without the certificate and will have 12 months from the declared end of the disaster to submit it.  Whether the web site will accept the renewal application without the certificate is anyone's guess.  

Liberals:  If the shoe doesn't fit, make everyone wear it.  -  Ann Coulter

IllinoisCarry Supporting Member

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

#28 crash7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:39 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

These new rules are effective immediately.ISP 4.09 FOID-CCL Renewal.pdf

Thanks.

From what it says, she can renew without the certificate and will have 12 months from the declared end of the disaster to submit it.  Whether the web site will accept the renewal application without the certificate is anyone's guess.  

I’ll have her give it a shot soon. If the site doesn’t allow it, then this “change” is unusable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#29 quackersmacker

• 2,078 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

What are they doing for new applicants? Seems like IL should be constitutional carry for the time of the disaster + 12 months.

Maybe by leaving expirations alone for awhile they can catch up on the stuff for the newbies.

Life Member --- NRA Endowment Level
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member --- Tennessee Gun Owners
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Oak Ridge Sportsmen's Association

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#30 davel501

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:57 PM

Maybe by leaving expirations alone for awhile they can catch up on the stuff for the newbies.

That would be the most right thing to do short of voiding the foid. I picture most of the people waiting for a foid to have been anti's pre-pandemic panic so I am torn between hating the infringement and serves them right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users