Active Shooter Rockford Motel

Ranger

Hopefully Troy from swamp people is being sent in for the negotiation....

They must really want this peice of excrement alive if he is holding a rifle out the window, and he has already shot 1 officer.

At least the is what the tribune is reporting.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-officer-shot-rockford-20190307-story.html

wasn't a marshall that got shot. Deputy.

McHenry County Sheriff’s Deputy Jacob Keltner

Yep, https://www.facebook.com/McHenryCountySheriff/

Reported that he died (the sheriff deputy)..

Take the following for what it is worth (which is not much)..

The perp is a life long criminal.. Refusing to give himself up. Swat is on the scene..

Just do the tax payers a favor..

https://www.nwherald.com/2019/03/07/breaking-mchenry-county-sheriffs-deputy-shot-at-rockford-hotel/a5p1k0y/

By BRITTANY KEEPERMAN bkeeperman@shawmedia.com

11:43 am

McHenry County Board Chairman Jack Franks confirmed it was a McHenry County deputy, saying "Hes fighting for his life.

The deputy, who was not named, is currently in surgery.

Keep him in your prayers.

Your prayers were not answered :-(

https://www.nwherald.com/2019/03/07/breaking-mchenry-county-sheriffs-deputy-shot-at-rockford-hotel-dies-sheriffs-office-says/a5p1k0y/

The McHenry County Sheriff's Office posted this statement Thursday afternoon: "We regret to inform you that shortly after 3:30 p.m. today Deputy Jacob Keltner has passed away. Deputy Keltner was shot earlier this morning while attempting to serve an arrest warrant with the U.S. Marshalls Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force. Deputy Keltner has served the community of McHenry for almost 13 years as a deputy."

Damn. Hate the thought that this guy is still breathing air, and worse, is going to suck millions of our tax dollars over the span of the rest of his pathetic life to ensure he get his 3 square and free medical. Their is no justice in states without a death penalty for caught in the act, smoking gun, cold blooded killers. Imho, if the liberals want to spare all these guys, let the DNC start paying for their damn legal fees and incarceration.

Disgusted.

This just aggravates me. This guy should have been locked up long ago and still be locked up, yet due to lax prosecution and a bleeding heart parole board, he was walking the streets!!!

To quote/paraphrase a news article.

His criminal history dates back to 1997. He’s had four orders of protection filed against him. He has three domestic battery convictions, and a jail stint in 2001 for reckless discharge of a firearm.

In 2000, the first time he harmed a police officer, he served 75 days for aggravated battery of a peace officer.

He had 2011 burglary convictions in McClean and Macon counties. He was sentenced to 13 years for those crimes—and served seven.

The current warrants being served were from a December, 2018 burglary spree in Bloomington, during which he crashed into three cars fleeing the scene, sources said.

And here is the real zinger, when he was in jail in 2011 they recorded him on a prison phone call saying “When I get out of jail, I’m gone.” "The [pejorative word for police] better hope and pray I don’t get out.”

CBS just reporting he had armor piercing bullets capable of going over 3000 feet per second.

Where do they get this stuff from?

Is there not any news station worth actually watching any more?.........

LOL...it sound funny (and oh so dangerous) when put like that...

I guess I have a bunch of those "super bullets" in the basement. I can't shoot them because most indoor ranges don't allow for green tips. Oh well...

CBS just reporting he had armor piercing bullets capable of going over 3000 feet per second.

There is some pure irony that after decades of anti-gunners claiming the 2nd is for hunting, those same anti-gunners are now calling literally standard run of the mill hunting ammunition 'armor piercing' and hyping the velocity.

Standard kevlar ballistic vests used by police in the United States are almost exclusively rated as NIJ Type IIa, II, or IIIa. High velocity rifle bullets will easily penetrate Type IIa, II, or IIIa vests. While these flexible vests successfully stop most handgun bullets and shotgun rounds at close range, nearly any projectile travelling faster than 2000 feet per second will penetrate through any kevlar vest.

There is some pure irony that after decades of anti-gunners claiming the 2nd is for hunting, those same anti-gunners are now calling literally standard run of the mill hunting ammunition 'armor piercing' and hyping the velocity.

There is 5.56mm (.223) green tipped (855) armor piercing ammo with a specified muzzle velocity in excess of 3000 fps. Such ammo is banned at most indoor ranges. How did CBS get the information they reported?

There is 5.56mm (.223) green tipped (855) armor piercing ammo with a specified muzzle velocity in excess of 3000 fps. Such ammo is banned at most indoor ranges. How did CBS get the information they reported?

Exactly what I was asking, not about the vests the officers were wearing!

Where do they come up with this and I haven’t heard it again on any news outlets tonight.

Hummm

Duckworth is already spewing her vitriol on Facebook, calling for more 'common sense' gun laws......

Another LWW thrilled about having another killing to exploit. no blame for the revolving door at the prison.

Guess Channel 5 forgot we have two senators:

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said he was "closely monitoring the active shooter incident in Rockford and urge members of the community to follow the instructions of local law enforcement. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with the officer shot, his family, first responders & residents affected by this situation."

Sen. Dick Durbin also said he was tracking updates and thanked law enforcement "who are responding to the emergency."

And no comments from the candidates for Mayor of Chicago?

Standard kevlar ballistic vests used by police in the United States are almost exclusively rated as NIJ Type IIa, II, or IIIa. High velocity rifle bullets will easily penetrate Type IIa, II, or IIIa vests. While these flexible vests successfully stop most handgun bullets and shotgun rounds at close range, nearly any projectile travelling faster than 2000 feet per second will penetrate through any kevlar vest.

Just saying: if I was on a Fugitive Task Force, serving warrants on dangerous felons, I'd invest in a plate carrier and a good set of ballistic plates. Now that being said, we don't know where the Deputy was shot, so it may not have made a difference.

Eternal rest grant unto him, Oh Lord.

Archived