Open Carry Legal in EVERY State. Someone prove me wrong

Unanimous

Where does a state (any state) have the LEGAL right to create a law/ordinance that is in direct defiance of the federal bill of rights?

We don't believe a state does have a legal right to violate the U.S. Constitution, but states do it all the time - hence the U.S. Supreme Court and the many state laws that are challenged there. Illinois has done it with banning the right to carry. It's being challenged. In the meantime, anyone violating this illegal law can be charged, prosecuted, and sentenced for a felony crime.

It works both ways. Anyone who upholds an illegal law can be charged with a crime

Those charges prevail so rarely that they might as well be non-existent. Most officials have immunity and prevail on those grounds a high percentage of the time.

This is a fantasy notion. In the real world, we fight against state, local, and federal injustices daily and none of our success come from blanket proclamations of this sort. We don't win by stamping our feet and demanding our rights.

Those charges prevail so rarely that they might as well be non-existent. Most officials have immunity and prevail on those grounds a high percentage of the time.

This is a fantasy notion. In the real world, we fight against state, local, and federal injustices daily and none of our success come from blanket proclamations of this sort. We don't win by stamping our feet and demanding our rights.

first real answer I've seen thus far. Thank you sir!

Wow 3 pages to come to the same conclusion... IF you DO IT you go to jail... Not saying its right but it is what it is. The easiest way to prove you wrong is by strapping a GUN on your hip and we throw you out into traffic. I give it less the 30min and you are in the local jail, screaming about the rights that have been taken from you and the constitution says so.. BLAH BLAH BLAH. . . . :) all in jest

But, there has been a valid question brought up by this thread and it remains unanswered:

What is the best pie and who makes it? I am partial to apple always but I won't pass up any of the really good cream pies like chocolate or lemon maringue. Well, if it's coconaut cream I will eat some but only if it's the only choice.

I really don't have a favorite apple pie maker, I am still in the "testing" portion of my decision process

first real answer I've seen thus far. Thank you sir!

We have a winner! Let's call it a day on this one but please feel free to continue the pie and cookie debate in another thread. Pecan and frenchsilk both have my vote!

Archived