Biden Deputy Chief of Staff Touted 'Mandatory Buybacks' of Assault Weapons

mauserme

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-deputy-chief-staff-mandatory-buyback-assault-weapons-gun-control

Biden deputy chief of staff touted 'mandatory buybacks' of assault weapons

Jen O’Malley Dillon previously served as Biden’s campaign manager – but before that, she’d worked for Beto O’Rourke
By Michael Ruiz | Fox News

President-elect Joe Biden’s incoming White House deputy chief of staff once touted "mandatory buybacks" of certain rifles

Jennifer O’Malley Dillon previously served as Biden’s campaign manager – but before that, she managed Beto O’Rourke's 2020 campaign until he withdrew from the race.

The former Texas congressman declared during a Sept. 2019 primary debate: "heck yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47."

A few weeks later, O’Malley Dillon appeared in a video, posted on O’Rourke’s YouTube channel, touting the campaign's plan for "mandatory" buybacks of certain firearms, in addition to a new ban on assault-style weapons.

"We are actually the only campaign with a plan…that supports mandatory buybacks of weapons of war,” she says in the video. "An assault weapon ban is very, very important, and we need to have it. But that only takes weapons of war off the streets in the future. It does nothing for weapons of war that are currently out there."

She estimated the mandatory buyback would affect "15 or 16 million" guns.

Vice President-elect Kamala Harris also said she supports a mandatory buyback of “assault weapons” on the 2020 primary trail, although she estimated her version of such a program would impact only about 2 million weapons.

Biden’s campaign has called for giving owners of "assault weapons or high-capacity magazines" the option to either sell their weapons to the government or register them with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives under an expansion of the National Firearms Act.

Police groups, Second Amendment advocates and even former Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders have criticized the idea of mandatory buybacks – with the latter calling them “unconstitutional.”

How can you "buy back" something that you never owned?

Modern Sporting Rifles aren't the root of all evil, and certainly aren't "weapons of war". More people are murdered with hands and feet than AR-15s every year.

This is a solution in search of a problem. Or: a way for the Democratic base to get riled up about something to pretend like this is a solution to the gang violence that occurs.

I wonder how much the buyback will be, might consider making some molds and casting up 100s of AR lowers and standard capacity magazines out of resin, I should be able to make a nice living doing this while the buyback is happening. Might even invest in a industrial grade 3D printer as I would be able to pay for it many times over just printing out AR lowers and magazines 24/7 during the buyback.

I figure if the government is going to give me an advance on my taxes that I will be required to pay back later, I might as well get back more than my fair share!

How can you "buy back" something that you never owned? - 1

Modern Sporting Rifles aren't the root of all evil, and certainly aren't "weapons of war". More people are murdered with hands and feet than AR-15s every year. - 2

This is a solution in search of a problem. Or: a way for the Democratic base to get riled up about something to pretend like this is a solution to the gang violence that occurs.

#1 - You can't. But the answer is below.

#2 - They know that but it doesn't fit their plans OR their narrative. It all comes down to this:

THEY DON'T CARE !! At least, not about anybody that isn't part of their "club".

Archived