Wilson v Holder

mauserme

S. Rowen Wilson has filed suit against Eric Holder, BATFE, and others after being denied the purchase of a firearm based on her use of medical marijuana. A copy of the compaint filed in the Nevada District Court is attached. A jury trial is demanded in this one.

I think it is a loser unless somehow the court is willing to also strike down the federal MJ laws, and that seems like a huge stretch. There is no constitutional right to smoke pot. It should not be illegal, but I just don't see any right to toke up in the constitution.

S. Rowen Wilson has filed suit against Eric Holder, BATFE, and others after being denied the purchase of a firearm based on her use of medical marijuana. A copy of the compaint filed in the Nevada District Court is attached. A jury trial is demanded in this one.

I think it is a loser unless somehow the court is willing to also strike down the federal MJ laws, and that seems like a huge stretch. There is no constitutional right to smoke pot. It should not be illegal, but I just don't see any right to toke up in the constitution.

Morphine gets prescribed a lot but I doubt that you'd permanantly lose your 2A rights if the doctor prescribed it. Maybe you do, I don't know.

First off, the BOR isn't meant to be a conclusive list of rights. See the 9th Amendment.

Second, the core aspect of the 2nd Amendment is self-defense. This should only be taken away in the extremity. There is no justification to ban ownership of firearms by sober alcoholics, so I don't see how it can be banned for sober pot-heads.

Well, one thing's for sure. No one ever succeeds until they stop expecting failure.

You should give it a try sometime.

First off, the BOR isn't meant to be a conclusive list of rights. See the 9th Amendment.

Second, the core aspect of the 2nd Amendment is self-defense. This should only be taken away in the extremity. There is no justification to ban ownership of firearms by sober alcoholics, so I don't see how it can be banned for sober pot-heads.

Logic has no place in this discussion. The courts just are not going to back off the drug thing. Just way too much case law already there.

Morphine gets prescribed a lot but I doubt that you'd permanantly lose your 2A rights if the doctor prescribed it. Maybe you do, I don't know.

You don't. My FIL was prescribed the morph after a back accident that hurt his back. He still held his CCW license with the prescription.

Logic has no place anywhere on this forum whatsoever. If fact, if logic was used ANYWHERE in this state, there would be no need for this forum!

Once you get into the realm of politics logic flies out the window. Politics is almost entirely about power. Change of any kind is often seen as a threat by those who currently have power because it is hard to tell where that change might lead.

Archived