So I'm planning on moving in the next couple months hopefully. Long story short I moved back in with my parents to finish school, finished school, got promoted at work so I'm looking at apartments in Lake County in the meantime.

I've searched the forums and researched all information pertaining to the change of address process for CCL holders and I'm looking for a bit of clarification from my learned elders.

When one initiates a change of address via the ISPFSB website, is the law enforcement objection window reopened?

I applied for my CCL last June and had my card in hand approximately 52-53 days later on August 5th of 2016 and have carried everyday since and I live in Lake County and plan on moving somewhere else within Lake County.

Thanks in advance for any insight any of you fine folks may offer here.

My friend went through the process. He actually received a letter stating his FOID and carry license were both valid. The website showed him under review when he checked. Yet, he had his new FOID and carry license in less than 60 days, which I think is still to long for a simple address change. He carried the letter with him until he received his new cards.

I haven't heard of anyone else getting a letter, so I don't know why he did, but that is the only experience I have had with the process via him.

• 2 weeks later...
My FOID took about 1 month to receive in the mail. Still waiting on the card that matters. From the fee, to the time to receive the updated CC license/card, it all just feels like a money grabbing scam. Drivers license costs nothing to update and is immediate unless you want an updated physical card with the new address. IL

Archived