KelTec SUB-2000

Buckfarrack

Well,been searching for a NIB SUB-2000 w/glock22 grip,"IN STOCK" instead of waiting 8-12 months to get.I found one this morning and ordered it. :yes1:

It's a DESERT TAN/SUB-2000 .40 CAL. W/1 GLOCK 22(10RD.)MAG :console:

I also ordered a Glock .40 S&W,29 rd mag for it.

I like KelTec firearms.I'm hoping this performs as well as the other KT firearms i own and have shot.

Anyone out there own a .40 Sub-2000 have any feedback? Is this gun accurate...50yds,100yds.? Any FTF? Just wondering while i'm waiting on it.(72 hours in this XXXXXX state)Thanks!

I have one in 9mm Glock 17 configuration and I have 12 17 round magazines filled with Winchester NATO 124 gr awesomeness. I carry it in a laptop case in my car or truck when traveling. I can walk right into a motel with no one the wiser.

I had to hunt to find a 9mm, .40S&Ws seem to be a little more available.

I have zip trouble nailing a six inch paper pie plate at 100 meters and can hit 7 out of 10 at 200 meters. I am just in the process of adding a Virdian laser to it now. (I have to add a rail to the fore stock) I am not going to add an optic because I like the fold up feature and the optic would wreck that. (But now I have started thinking that a red dot would be pretty nifty.)

Lots of video review on YouTube. I like NutNFancy reviews and he did a couple on the Sub 2000 (S2K).

I have one in 9mm Glock 17 configuration and I have 12 17 round magazines filled with Winchester NATO 124 gr awesomeness. I carry it in a laptop case in my car or truck when traveling. I can walk right into a motel with no one the wiser.

I have zip trouble nailing a six inch paper pie plate at 100 meters and can hit 7 out of 10 at 200 meters. I am just in the process of adding a Virdian laser to it now. (I have to add a rail to the fore stock) I am not going to add an optic because I like the fold up feature and the optic would wreck that. (But now I have started thinking that a red dot would be pretty nifty.)

Lots of video review on YouTube. I like NutNFancy reviews and he did a couple on the Sub 2000 (S2K).

Of course that was BEFORE all those evil things sank during the boat accident...????

Of course that was BEFORE all those evil things sank during the boat accident...????

That's right!

It was almost like you were there!

But you couldn't have been. That's the night you traded all of yours in for Wal Mart gift cards at Father Snuffy's.

Bud, us 'ole guys need to have each others back. I got yours Bud.

Off topic Bud. Happy 39th anniversary. 39 years ago today we left 'Nam.

That's right!

It was almost like you were there!

But you couldn't have been. That's the night you traded all of yours in for Wal Mart gift cards at Father Snuffy's.

THANK YOU! (Hats off,saluting)Thank you all for serving our country.Happy anniversary.I was a teen back then and do remember a few coming home to our little town and ,like many,still waiting on a few too.Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I left on September 20, 1968 via an AF C-141 med evac. Made one stop in California to off load a bunch of west coast wounded and then on to Chicago O'Hare on the old military side. I was off loaded into a contract ambulance (which I later found out also doubled as a hearse) and transported to Deck 6 (6th floor) at Great Lakes Naval Hospital where I spent the next four miserable months waiting for my wounds to stop festering and fill in.

I am not sure what happened later but we were winning when I left

@Budman,7 out of ten @ 200....whew,i'm thinkin i will need some practice.The NutNfacny vid review.....holy cow!!!! I must be crazy,he got me interested and i watched ALL 46 minutes! If that cat designed a firearm i would go right out get one.Not a question left to ask after wacthing.Thanks,and really appreciate your feedback too.I WILL bookmark his video review name.I procrastinated for a long time trying to decide 9m or .40 but the 9 certainly wasn't easy to rule out.Motel carry/packing is one of the main reasons i chose this gun due to it's length after folding.Sounds like i made a wise decision.Can't wait to pick it up.Thanks Budman.

Very cool! I have been looking for one that takes Glock 19 mags for a while now :console:

Where did you find the .40 Cal version?

Congrats on your purchase :yes1:

@output....Thanks for your reply too my friend.I have no problem posting price or where i bought this Sub2k but i'd rather do it in a PM.I just don't want to take anything away from a fellow member here that may be trying to sell.Availability was my problem,i have a hard time waitng on something.

NutNFancy and Hickok45 are two of my favorite video reviewers on YouTube. NutNFancy just retired from the USAF where he was a pilot for the last twenty years. Hickok45 is in KY near Fort Campbell and a very well known Glock reviewer but he also reviews a lot of guns that come out. Watching him shoot steel taregets at 200 meters with a pistol is always entertaining.

They both have Video channels on YouTube.

NutNFancy and Hickok45 are two of my favorite video reviewers on YouTube. NutNFancy just retired from the USAF where he was a pilot for the last twenty years. Hickok45 is in KY near Fort Campbell and a very well known Glock reviewer but he also reviews a lot of guns that come out. Watching him shoot steel taregets at 200 meters with a pistol is always entertaining.

They both have Video channels on YouTube.

heck yeah,wow.I'll check him out too.I might not sound like it but i like things done right,not half-azzed and they cover it all very well.I had THOUGHT i watched a few gun reviews until i saw a real one.

I have the 9mm Glock version with the 33 round mags, It's nice :yes1:

It runs factory ammo flawlessly, but reloads can be tricky, I've had stovepipes on hollow point loads in plated and jacketed 124 grain rounds that I like Im my Glock 17...

The chamber is shorter to the rifling in the Sub 2000 compared to the Glock...

Round nose no problems :console:

I refuse to Bubba mine, I love the fold up feature and the sights work for me, the Kel-Tec stock extension thingy and the Tacticool foam buffer tube pad work for me though...

I will never sell or trade this gun B)

Howdy,

I have a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 in my BOB, along with 2 Glock 22's, about 200 rounds of ammo, MRE's, poncho, vest, BDU's and black boots(other stuff is in there, also). I have to go thru 32 miles of very HOSTILE territory, if the SHTF, while at work. I love the gun, 1 recommendation is to put a piece of foam rubber on the butt stockshaft. It gets cold in the winter and deadens the shock hitting your cheek. I found a AR type handguard cheap on Ebay and replaced the original. I can put red dots on it or flashlites,etc. Got to take the red dot off to fold, but it's easily replaced.

As far as accuracy goes, I have never fired on the rifle range. I have shoot it on the pistol range with consistent hit in the black,with no sweat. I have seen a friend of mine, on the 100 yard/100 meter range consistently put them on the target, with a majority in the black. They are a hoot to shoot. Good Luck with your purchase.

jkrzos

Howdy,

I have a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 in my BOB, along with 2 Glock 22's, about 200 rounds of ammo, MRE's, poncho, vest, BDU's and black boots(other stuff is in there, also). I have to go thru 32 miles of very HOSTILE territory, if the SHTF, while at work. I love the gun, 1 recommendation is to put a piece of foam rubber on the butt stockshaft. It gets cold in the winter and deadens the shock hitting your cheek. I found a AR type handguard cheap on Ebay and replaced the original. I can put red dots on it or flashlites,etc. Got to take the red dot off to fold, but it's easily replaced.

As far as accuracy goes, I have never fired on the rifle range. I have shoot it on the pistol range with consistent hit in the black,with no sweat. I have seen a friend of mine, on the 100 yard/100 meter range consistently put them on the target, with a majority in the black. They are a hoot to shoot. Good Luck with your purchase.

jkrzos

Thanks jkrzos.I just recieved my S2K .40 this afternoon.Haven't fired it yet but i was scoping the sights and right away noticed my face laying on the stock tube.You made a good point their.I'll probably cover it with a thin piece of very dense black foam or maybe the tube cover accessory,even though i intend to put a red dot on it too along with a forward grip.I might have to put a catch bag on it too.Being left handed really puts my face close to the discharge opening.Red dot and shoot from the hip i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my Kel Tec S2K40 a couple weeks ago and have put aprox 110 rounds thru it.Had one JAM/FTF,one stove pipe and one casing fipped ends and actually stuck in the plastic an 1/8 inch.All of these happened within the first 45 rounds,and i throughly cleaned the gun before the first round was put through it.The next 65 rounds fired flawless with the same remington ammo.I'm no expert but i have to mark this one up (FTF) as a break-in period.Had i used synthetic lube,maybe that would have made a difference.

This gun IS VERY accurate.I think i will be installing a laser dot on it though because you have to really tilt your head and lay your cheek flat on the pipe stock to aline the target.Lots of fun to shoot,so far i like it.post-3573-133462203727.jpg

post-3573-133462206381.jpg

post-3573-133462208604.jpg

Nice laptop case! WalMart? (That's where i ghot my identical case for S2K)

I like the Veridian because it will still show up at 50 meters in broad daylight:

Yeah,Walmart case.They had a cheaper one but this one looked like it was made better and luckily,it was a perfect fit.And thanks Bud,i value your input.Veridian!"got it".....that's what i'll be ordering then.I was wondering which laser would show-up best,or at least "good" and you just made my decision.

Well,been searching for a NIB SUB-2000 w/glock22 grip,"IN STOCK" instead of waiting 8-12 months to get.I found one this morning and ordered it. :clover:

It's a DESERT TAN/SUB-2000 .40 CAL. W/1 GLOCK 22(10RD.)MAG :ike:

I also ordered a Glock .40 S&W,29 rd mag for it.

I like KelTec firearms.I'm hoping this performs as well as the other KT firearms i own and have shot.

Anyone out there own a .40 Sub-2000 have any feedback? Is this gun accurate...50yds,100yds.? Any FTF? Just wondering while i'm waiting on it.(72 hours in this XXXXXX state)Thanks!

Can I ask where you bought it? I've been looking for one locally, for 6 months. No one seems to have any in stock and no idea when they're likely to get any.

Archived