Photo

2019 Spring Session Bills

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#31 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,868 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

I had to google that - if it's what I found I'm pretty sure that wasn't on the sponsor's mind.

Good bill, though.  You're right about that.

#32 Patriots & Tyrants

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,542 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

I had to google that - if it's what I found I'm pretty sure that wasn't on the sponsor's mind.

Good bill, though.  You're right about that.

Yeah I am sure it was not on the sponsors mind whatsoever. Either very unfortunate luck or someone who assigns the bill numbers getting very cute.

#33 InterestedBystander

• 6,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

HB1574 CONCEALED CARRY-EXPIRATION

http://ilga.gov/legi...onID=108&GA=101

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that a concealed carry license shall be renewed for a period of 5 years from the date of expiration on the applicant's current license upon the applicant completing the necessary requirements under the Act.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 30 January 2019 - 11:41 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#34 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:50 AM

Thanks. I added it to the support list.

#35 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:12 PM

I added a couple new Senate bills today as well:

SB173 General Assembly - Firearm Bill

SB201 Wildlife - Lead Ammuniton

#36 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,542 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

I love SB173 

#37 InterestedBystander

• 6,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

I love SB173

Ditto!!!
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#38 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,542 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

I love SB173

Ditto!!!

This seems silly but as part of Freshman orientation for all new State Senators and Reps...how about they put on some classes about basic economics, basics of firearms, transportation, taxation, industry, farming. Like two weeks of stuff to make sure they grasp the basic concepts behind things they are trying to regulate and legislate. 

#39 CPD#127

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

Patriots and Tyrants I like that idea, but I would suggest that be taught for years in school so that by the time they run for office not only they know this information but the voters as well

#40 Twostarrz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

You guys mean, for instance, a class called “government” and one called “economics”? Aren’t those still 2 required classes for a basic high school diploma?

#41 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,542 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

You guys mean, for instance, a class called “government” and one called “economics”? Aren’t those still 2 required classes for a basic high school diploma?

I went to High School in Florida so I can't comment on the IL system however my basic Economics class was terrible. The Government class basically focused on the three branches, checks and balances, the 1st Amendment, Prohibition, Womens voting and civil rights.

#42 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,277 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

Why not a lifetime license like Indiana? Add another $5
Have all boated who fish?

#43 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,994 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

When do we get to the point where we start filing witness slips?

Also, is it possible to include a statement with witness slips that can be read into the record when the legislation is discussed? Surely, being heard from citizens whom the government works for  is something that is provided for.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#44 papa

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

When do we get to the point where we start filing witness slips?

Also, is it possible to include a statement with witness slips that can be read into the record when the legislation is discussed? Surely, being heard from citizens whom the government works for  is something that is provided for.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

You forgot the purple for that last line. :P

#45 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,542 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

http://www.ilga.gov/...onID=108&GA=101

Glad to see we still have some dem allies down state. If you are in this womans district please thank her.

#46 bmyers

• 4,116 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Glad to see we still have some dem allies down state. If you are in this womans district please thank her.

She is my rep. I have communicated with her several times and she is very pro. I make sure that I thank her on a regular bases for her support.

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA

ISRA Member

#47 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Hoping these are the end of it for today:

#48 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

I just noticed your post. Thanks for posting those.

#49 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,542 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

I just noticed your post. Thanks for posting those.

I try to keep an eye open.

Give me your take but maybe all of us should give any rep introducing pro gun legislation a thank you call or e mail.

#50 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

Good idea. They get so many complaints about things a nice "thank you" would be a breath of fresh air.

#51 InterestedBystander

• 6,822 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

HB1626
Allen Skillicorn
CRIM CD-USE OF SILENCERS 01/31/2019 House Filed with the Clerk by Rep. Allen Skillicor

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when the person knowingly uses, attaches, or possesses with the intent to use or attach any device or attachment of any kind for silencing the report of any handgun, unless the use, attachment, or possession with the intent to use the device or attachment is on the premises of a firing or shooting range; or possess any device or attachment of any kind designed, used, or intended for use in silencing the report of any other firearm if the device or attachment is not possessed in compliance with the federal National Firearms Act. Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful sale or delivery of firearms when he or she transfers or gives a suppressor or silencer to a person not authorized to possess the suppressor or silencer under federal law. Amends the Wildlife Code. Removes the prohibition of using a silencer or other device to muffle or mute the sound of the explosion or report resulting from the firing of any gun. Effective immediately.

HB1632
Allen Skillicorn
STUN GUN&TASER-NO FOID 01/31/2019 House Filed with the Clerk by Rep. Allen Skillicorn

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Removes provisions that a person may not acquire or possess a stun gun or taser within the State without having in his or her possession a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued in his or her name by the Department of State Police under the provisions of the Act.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 January 2019 - 12:59 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#52 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,277 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

It sounds like1626 makes you a criminal if you attach hearing protection to your ears.

#53 InterestedBystander

• 6,822 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

I dont understand why the limit to handguns and not include rifles (unless that gets covered in the NFA part). Also why not allow in homes instead of just range as thats where a DGU and hearing protection would seem more likely needed.

At least it would be a start but dont believe we are anywhere close to getting something like we were a couple of years ago.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 January 2019 - 01:51 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#54 InterestedBystander

• 6,822 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:18 PM

Weird...SB numbers jumped from 259 to 736 skipping all in between. Maybe a bunch of incoming shell bills?

Never mind, I see they have made a change removing SB0736 and going back to consecutive bill numbers but did indeed file a boat load of shell bills today.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 January 2019 - 04:04 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#55 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,868 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

Weird...SB numbers jumped from 259 to 736 skipping all in between. Maybe a bunch of incoming shell bills?

Never mind, I see they have made a change removing SB0736 and going back to consecutive bill numbers but did indeed file a boat load of shell bills today.

They seem to have turned up now lol.

#56 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

It sounds like1626 makes you a criminal if you attach hearing protection to your ears.

if the device or attachment is not possessed in compliance with the federal National Firearms Act. Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful sale or delivery of firearms when he or she transfers or gives a suppressor or silencer to a person not authorized to possess the suppressor or silencer under federal law. Amends the Wildlife Code. Removes the prohibition of using a silencer or other device to muffle or mute the sound of the explosion or report resulting from the firing of any gun. Effective immediately.

The "go-ahead" for suppressors in Illinois??

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#57 InterestedBystander

• 6,822 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

The "go-ahead" for suppressors in Illinois?

Cant imagine Madigan lets it get to or out of committee and dont think there are enough downstate Dems to put that pressure on him to do so. Nevertheless Im glad to see the Pro side keeps trying. Much opposition is based on uneducated Chicago Dems and their fears not to mention believing what they see in movies. 42 other states allow them and its not causing problems there just like there were no issues with CCL but IL had to be last.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 January 2019 - 06:46 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#58 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

Cant imagine Madigan lets it get to or out of committee and dont think there are enough downstate Dems to put that pressure on him to do so. Nevertheless Im glad to see the Pro side keeps trying. Much opposition is based on uneducated Chicago Dems and their fears not to mention believing what they see in movies. 42 other states allow them and its not causing problems there just like there were no issues with CCL but IL had to be last.

If they fail to read it thoroughly then the chances are quite good. The beginning 2/3rd's of it sounds like the usual anti nonsense.

Pass it to see what's in it. lol

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#59 InterestedBystander

• 6,822 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

If they fail to read it thoroughly then the chances are quite good. The beginning 2/3rd's of it sounds like the usual anti nonsense.
Pass it to see what's in it. lol
Dont want to give them any ideas here. Although its not like they always read the bills they sponsor or vote on. They see silencer bill by a R and its an automatic no I am sure.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 January 2019 - 07:08 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#60 loudes13

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

FYI my hb1626 allows suppressors. It’s basically the same bill that passed the house and almost passed the senate until Raoul killed it 5 years ago.
Allen Skillicorn
224-484-0458
www.allenskillicorn.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users