Buying Frenzy part II

patriot1776

Tempted to sell almost everything. After Ill get some newer Fudd Stuff. There is a certain not-a-shotgun I am eying. But I dont want to say too much.

Never though this would happen with a Republican Gov/Pres

Me neither. Hopefully Rauner will set it all straight.

I know someone who went out and purchased an AR during one of these scares during the Obama regime, and this person hasn't fired it once, its been siting NIB for years.

Back then my gun store sales people talked about customers buying 4 or 5 various "assault rifles " and selling then soon after for $100 to $200 profit each . People were also buying cases or lots of high capacity Glock and AR Pro mags and selling them on Ebay for double what they paid .

I asked the guy "What kind of AR did you get?" He said "I don't know", So I said "No, I mean - what brand, who makes it ?" He said "I don't know."

There will be people like that in Illinois who are going to go out and buy an AR. I wouldn't be surprised if people go into gun stores and tell the clerk they want to buy one of those rifles that are going to be banned.

"I don't know exactly which one it is, I just heard someone at work say they're going to ban rifles so I wanted to buy one before they got banned. Do you have any of those ?"

Tempted to sell almost everything. After Ill get some newer Fudd Stuff. There is a certain not-a-shotgun I am eying. But I dont want to say too much.

2 of the bills that passed yesterday are veto proof.

Gun owners talk the big talk, and then act like scared children and panic-buy whenever they even suspect that things are turning against them, even when the evidence isn’t there.

This is pathetic, stupid, ill-informed behavior on their part.

2 of the bills that passed yesterday are veto proof.

I disagree. Yesterday, there was a concerted, organized effort to have several large contingents of anti groups in the gallery. I guarantee there was some virtue signal votes. Though I think the Bump Stock and trigger crank ban will be law regardless.

Yup. I was debating pulling trigger on another AR. Then all of a sudden School shooting and they are all up $50 now. Pfft.

Just buy a lower or two, or three. Then you’ll have some fun projects when you need some time to burn. Adult legos = best legos.

I know someone who went out and purchased an AR during one of these scares during the Obama regime, and this person hasn't fired it once, its been siting NIB for years.

Back then my gun store sales people talked about customers buying 4 or 5 various "assault rifles " and selling then soon after for $100 to $200 profit each . People were also buying cases or lots of high capacity Glock and AR Pro mags and selling them on Ebay for double what they paid .

EBay doesn't allow over 10 capacity mags.

But the bill 1469 is ridiculously stupid! Not only ban standard capacity magazines BUT also body armor!?!? Why tf is body armor included in the bill??? They just stripped away my right to protect myself and my love ones. I take public transportation to and from work and you know nobody can carry in any public transportation. So the only logic to protect myself IS with a body armor. People will ask your motive and my is to protect my life. It's not guaranteed but my chances just got higher to survive an a attack. Law abiding citizens train with body armor not only for the tactical aspects but also for SAFETY IN TRAINING. If a police officer can carry one what gives them the right to take mine away just because of a deranged multiple offender decides to wear a body armor which in FACT IT'S IN THE BOOKS that IT'S ALREADY ILLEGAL FOR A FELLON TO WEAR BODY ARMOR. So for this state's mistake for letting him go early from jail from THE SAME THING WE have to pay the price. Criminals will do anything but US get to pay the price.. Remember facts doesn't care about your feelings.

Welcome to New Jersey 2 fka Illinois. And welcome to West Detroit fka Chicago.

Thank you Illinois for pushing me out of my state.

End rant..

Yup. I was debating pulling trigger on another AR. Then all of a sudden School shooting and they are all up $50 now. Pfft.

Just buy a lower or two, or three. Then you’ll have some fun projects when you need some time to burn. Adult legos = best legos.

yea I was looking at them today. Seems about $100 for a lower or $200-250 complete. Wonder if the parts will go up in the future?

yea I was looking at them today. Seems about $100 for a lower or $200-250 complete. Wonder if the parts will go up in the future?

Hard to imagine prices on lower parts kits being raised to anything ridiculous. Plenty of low priced mil-spec options out there, especially if you look around. PSA, Red Barn Armory, CMMG, and several others. I would just buying a couple stripped lowers. PSA and Anderson are your very budget friendly options. Can be had in the $40-50 range. If you want a step up, I would personally suggest Spikes Tactical and Aero Precision. Depending on which model, they can be had for $80-120ish. You can always go higher in price, but you’re pretty much just paying for looks at that point. I think most people would agree a lower is a lower is a lower. What determines the actual reliability of the rifle is the barrel, BCG, trigger(although any mil-spec trigger would function properly), and quality magazines.

Just my two cents, but stripped lowers are the way to go. Then you can choose exactly what parts you want rather than buying a complete lower and spending more money down the road if you were wanting to upgrade parts. Another great thing about stripped lowers is you can build it as a rifle, or ar pistol. And change them back as much as you like with out the ATF breaking down your door to shoot your doggos. If you were to purchase a completed lower, that already had a buffer and stock, you would not be allowed to change it to a pistol if you ever decided too.

It's just a matter of time before the vendors turn this into a sales strategy...

it was not a vendor problem last time. it is not us creating a problem this time. Helps to look in the mirror.

I have the same lowers 2 weeks ago as I do today on GB and my web site for the same price. it is not my fault that populace decided that today they want to bit more vs what they did yesterday. It is not my fault that people buy my lowers from me on GB paying more vs what they are advertised on my page.

Dont be like the crazies and blame others for self induced problem.

I was at an estate sale last week where there were probably 200 long guns for sale. Not an AR in the bunch. Lots of 97s, Model 12s, side by sides,etc. Place was packed past fire code. Prices were high and higher and not a gun remained at the end of the night. I don't think it really matters what the news of the day is-there is a passion for the right to own and bear arms and it is a right freely exercised.

Another great thing about stripped lowers is you can build it as a rifle, or ar pistol. And change them back as much as you like with out the ATF breaking down your door to shoot your doggos. If you were to purchase a completed lower, that already had a buffer and stock, you would not be allowed to change it to a pistol if you ever decided too.

I thought there was a one way restriction on builds. I thought you could only convert from a rifle to a handgun but not the other way around or did I misunderstand something?

Another great thing about stripped lowers is you can build it as a rifle, or ar pistol. And change them back as much as you like with out the ATF breaking down your door to shoot your doggos. If you were to purchase a completed lower, that already had a buffer and stock, you would not be allowed to change it to a pistol if you ever decided too.

I thought there was a one way restriction on builds. I thought you could only convert from a rifle to a handgun but not the other way around or did I misunderstand something?
Negative. A stripped lower is classaified as “other” on 4473, and you can build which ever and switch back and forth as many times as you want. If you buy a rifle, you can never legally switch it to a pistol.

Before the Clinton AWB went into effect, I bought a Norinco AK (the one with the milled receiver) and have run about 1ooo rds. through it. It's not very accurate. but WTH. Over the next few years, I bought 4 - 40 rd. "banana" magazines as well as 2 - 75 rd. drum mags (It came with 3 - 5 rounders). The manual says the service life of the barrel is only about 6ooo rounds so I don't want to run too much through it.

Before the Clinton AWB went into effect, I bought a Norinco AK (the one with the milled receiver) and have run about 1ooo rds. through it. It's not very accurate. but WTH. Over the next few years, I bought 4 - 40 rd. "banana" magazines as well as 2 - 75 rd. drum mags (It came with 3 - 5 rounders). The manual says the service life of the barrel is only about 6ooo rounds so I don't want to run too much through it.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's well documented that the manual is wrong. There's tons of info concerning chicom barrel life on the akfiles forum. There's also quite a few pre 86 nfa registered machine gun norinco's out there that have seen tens of thousands of rounds with no appreciable barrel wear.

Archived