Pro 2A resolution - Archive

Ashdump

Ogle County passes 2A RES!!

A unanimous vote - No Discussion Needed!

YEAH BABY!!!

OGLE COUNTY IS GREEN!!

Fantastic!!! Way to go, Ogle County! I think that these people effectively know the score here, and are acting that way...they didn't even need to discuss. I assume that means they are all on the same page from the get-go.

Further, I had hoped that was the case in the relatively rural counties. Let's knock down a few more, shall we?

YEAH BABY!!!

OGLE COUNTY IS GREEN!!

Fantastic!!! Way to go, Ogle County! I think that these people effectively know the score here, and are acting that way...they didn't even need to discuss. I assume that means they are all on the same page from the get-go.

Further, I had hoped that was the case in the relatively rural counties. Let's knock down a few more, shall we?

Fantastic!!! Do you think that Cook/Collars, Champaign, Sangamon and the St Lou metro are starting to feel the pinch??

GF, we've got Moultrie before the committee and then to the board on Feb 14th, Macon is "Bakin'" courtesy Tplane37, Coach has a verbal committment to consider by Douglas, and at least 3 more showing yellow on the map. Add to those Whiteside and Carroll as indicated by Buzzard and we could be 70+ before long!!!!!

Edit by AB.........Dang!! I forgot Kane, courtesy of Lockman in that other thread!!! Creepin' up on 70% !!!!!!

Let's see, 68 counties would make a 2/3 majority if I do my math right!!!

Keep it up folks!!!!

AB

Also, I wasn't gonna mention this yet, but I received an email from the Rep caucus chairman who is one of the 3 members of that @#$% sub-committee to the Champaign Policy Committee, and he is gonna push the Board Chair to have it placed on the Policy committee Agenda. I've been told that the Board Chair, who is the 3rd member of that cub-committee, is bound to respect the minority leaders requests.

Whether he will or not is another matter!

So, at least we have some movement!

YEAH BABY!!!

OGLE COUNTY IS GREEN!!

I'm confused - If the Board meeting is on the 18th, how did it get passed on the 15th?

I will have to go back through my posts, did I say the 18th?

Here is the web address for the AGENDA:

http://www.oglecountyclerk.org/County%20Bo...a%20January.pdf

The minutes have not been posted yet.

I'm sorry if I caused some confusion.

This meeting will be taped

Ogle County Board Meeting Agenda

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 5:30 p.m.

BOARD MEETING WILL BE HELD

AT THE OLD COURTHOUSE

Call to Order:

Roll Call:

Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance: KENNEY

Motion to approve the December 18, 2007, Ogle County Board meeting minutes

Motion to accept monthly reports of the Treasurer, Circuit Clerk and County Clerk/Recorder

Vacancies –

Regional Planning Commission – 1 unexpired term ends 04/30/2010

Board of Health - 1 unexpired term ends 05/31/2009

Application deadline for this vacancy will be Friday, February 1, 2008 at

4:30 p.m. in the Ogle County Clerk’s Office

Appointments –

Mental Health “708 Board

Leaf River Fire Protection District - postponed

Zoning Board of Appeals

Resolutions –

Right to Bear Arms

Tax Abatement – The Depot – Forreston

Illinois Smoke Free Act

Ordinances –

Fee Collection for Shining Star

Zoning –

18-07 AMENDMENT

Larry DeVries, 8028 E. Wildwood Rd., Stillman Valley, IL and Joseph DeRosso 7790 E. Wildwood Rd., Stillman Valley, IL for an Amendment to the Zoning District to rezone from AG-1 Agricultural District to R-2 Single-Family Residence District on property described as follows, owned by Larry DeVries and being purchased by Joseph DeRosso:

Part of the SE1/4 SE1/4 Section 26 Marion Township 25N, R11E of the 4th P.M., Ogle County, IL, 2.0 acres, more or less. Property Identification Number: Part of 05-26-400-013

Common Location: 7700 Block of E. Wildwood Rd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#19-07 AMENDMENT

Tyler Schlickman, 10713 E. Lindenwood Rd., Chana, IL for an Amendment to the Zoning District to rezone from AG-1 Agricultural District to IA Intermediate Agricultural District on property described as follows and owned by the petitioner:

Part of the W1/2 NE1/4 Section 17 White Rock Township 41N, R1E of the 3rd P.M., Ogle County, IL, 26.0 acres, more or less. Property Identification Number: 18-17-202-005

Common Location: 10713 E. Lindenwood Rd.

Road & Bridge –

Local Agency Agreement for Federal Participation - Section 06-00239-00-RS, 80% Federal, 20% Local funding - Ridge Road Overlay, Pines Rd to IL RT 64

Local Agency Agreement for Federal Participation - Section 06-00244-00-RS, 80% Federal, 20% Local funding - Flagg Road Overlay, Lowden Rd to Lee County Line

2008 County Motor Fuel Tax Resolution - Appropriate expenditure of $650,000 for Section 08-00000-0X-GM - General Maintenance

Ordinance for the Establishment of an Altered Speed Zone – various locations - presented Dec. 18, 2007

Ogle County Claims – Clerk reads the claims:

Payments in Vacation – December 2007 - $139,744.54

County Board Payments - January 2008 - $80,533.02

County Highway Fund – $97,681.96

o

Motion to approve claims as presented

Committee Reports –

Long Range Planning – Courthouse Renovation Committee:

o

Update

Emergency Operations Center Committee (EOC):

o

Update

Executive Committee

o

Long Range Bills

o

Appoint Lynne Kilker as Alternate Representative for Tri-Opportunities Council

Chairman Comments:

Administrator Comments:

Communications –

Public Notice - Us Army Corps of Engineers – Boys Scouts of America – Three Fires Council

Public Comment –

Unfinished Business –

New Business –

Motion to adjourn until Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 5:30 p.m.

Agenda is posted at the old Courthouse and www.oglecounty.org

I see where I did incorrectly post the Sheriffs committee as being on the 14th when actually it was on the 7th. but I'm still at a loss concerning a meeting date on the 18th. Are we both speaking of the Ogle County Resolution?

Again, Please excuse any confusion this has caused. I didn't have a calendar handy when I posted the Sherriffs Committee date.

Article in "The Times":

County committee seeks gun ownership views

Some La Salle County Board members are weighing whether local views on gun ownership need to be made clear to the state Legislature.

But first they want to make sure they are on the right course, so citizen viewpoints are being sought.

At Thursday's meeting of the County Board's Legislation and Rules Committee, members considered a resolution presented by Jack Leininger, R-Marseilles.

The resolution says gun ownership is guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and opposes proposed state legislation that "would ban the possession and use of firearms now employed by individual citizens of La Salle County."

The resolution -- which Leininger said was from the Illinois State Rifle Association, an affiliate of the National Rifle Association -- does not specify any particular legislation. But Leininger also provided a list of 10 legislative bills concerning gun control, ranging from a ban on assault weapons and .50 caliber rifles to outlawing the private sale of handguns. He also offered a state map showing the more than 60 counties that have approved the resolution.

Those proposed laws, Leininger said, were aimed at dealing with problems in Chicago.

"The bad people are still going to have their guns. Laws won't stop them. These bills don't affect anyone but the honest law-abiding citizens É

"I don't think we need Chicago legislators telling us what we can do and can't do with our guns downstate because they have a problem."

Most of the committee members present identified themselves as gun owners who believed citizens should be allowed to own guns. But nevertheless they had a variety of views on the proposed resolution.

George Gruenwald, D-LaSalle, does not necessarily disagree with the ban on assault rifles, although he agreed they would be a powerful option for hunters.

"There's no rabbit in the world that's going to outrun 30 rounds of lead flying at him."

Tom Ganiere, D-Ottawa, pointed out there is a decision pending before the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Parker v. District of Columbia that will decide whether the Second Amendment guarantees private gun ownership. He said he doubted whether weapons such as assault rifles were envisioned when the Second Amendment was created.

"If you take the context of when the Constitution was written, they had muzzle loaders."

Ganiere also suggested the issue be considered for an advisory referendum in November.

Allen Erberderis, R-Somonauk, said the state Legislature could act before November. But he said he did favor Leininger's suggestion the resolution be tabled until next month to see what community reaction would be, which the committee voted to do.

Do we have any La Salle County residents here?

"If you take the context of when the Constitution was written, they had muzzle loaders."

Transportation isn't the same now as then.

Communication isn't the same now as then.

Construction isn't the same now as then.

Fashion isn't the same now as then.

...need I go on?

I've heard that statement as quoted before, and it... ahh... pissitates me every time!

Only the means of self defense should have remained in the status quo!

Do we have any La Salle County residents here?

Whoever is able and willing to contact La Salle county board members should do so. This thing has a great chance there if they just hear the arguments and the truth. Most of them simply aren't thinking about it...they need to.

http://www.lasallecounty.org/np/flctybrd/brdmem.htm

Here is my contribution:

I am not from La Salle county but I have some insight into this matter.

I have seen a history of incremental gun control in Chicago and Cook. The restrictions begin small, and end up with complete bans, every time. The people who pass the bans here try to make their legislation state-wide. Every year. If and when they have their way, you too in La Salle WILL be affected.

This resolution pending in La Salle county is not binding legally but it sends a message to your legislators and to Springfield. It is an important message. You don't have to bicker about the details of so-called assault weapons and other hunting rifles, or handguns (which are banned here). You simply have the opportunity to say NO to this never-ending incremental control on your choices, your freedoms, and your rights.

Chicago wants to take YOUR rights as an excuse for their unwillingness to control their criminals in known, particular neighborhoods.

I encourage you to support this resolution at your county level.

Here is a list of the LaSalle Co. Board members - If you live in La Salle County or have family members/friends that live in that county, please forward this information to them. The county board has asked for input from its residents - make sure they hear from you!

DIST. # NAME ADDRESS CITY ZIP PHONE

Dist. 1 Daniel J. Flanagan

808 5th Avenue

Mendota 61342

815-539-9028

Dist. 2 Stephen Carlson

602 13th Ave

Mendota 61342

815-539-6470

Dist. 3 Kenneth L. Stockley

1678 N 43rd Rd

Earlville 60518

815-246-9770

Dist. 4 Ronald L. Johnson

2244 N. 45th Rd

Leland 60531

815-498-2198

Dist. 5 Allen Erbrederis

262 Easy St

Somonauk 60552

815-498-9675

Dist. 6 Robert "Bob" Greenwalt

1334 Mabel Ln

Sandwich 60548

815-498-9037

Dist. 7 Gary N. Small

821 E. US 52

Utica 61373

815-667-4562

Dist. 8 Marius Derango*

1315 Sunset Dr

Peru 61354

815-223-5775

Dist. 9 William C. Johnson

2118 7th St

Peru 61354

815-223-1910

Dist. 10 Arthur J. Rigby, Jr

2554 E 259th Rd

Peru 61354

815-223-6771

Dist. 11 Joseph A. Savitch

545 Baker Ave

LaSalle 61301

815-223-7622

Dist. 12 George Gruenwald

49 6th St

LaSalle 61301

815-223-4507

Dist. 13 Michael A. Beavers

2778 E 509th

LaSalle 61301

815-220-1025

Dist. 14 Al Piecha

422 W 1st St

Oglesby 61348

815-883-9232

Dist. 15 Russell A. Boe

3423 E. 2175th

Ottawa 61350

815-433-0184

Dist. 16 Thomas G. Ganiere

323 Taylor St

Ottawa 61350

815-433-4457

Dist. 17 Richard L. Foltynewicz

504 W LaFayette St

Ottawa 61350

815-434-5318

Dist. 18 Tom P. Walsh

1128 Paul St.,

POB 21

Ottawa 61350

815-434-6750

Dist. 19 Jerry L. Hicks** Board Chairman

1002 Magnolia St

Marseilles 61341

815-795-2608

Dist. 20 Vincent J. Grober

225 Walnut St.

Seneca 61360

815-357-6467

Dist. 21 Randy L. Freeman

208 Marshall St

Lostant 61334

815-361-9397

Dist. 22 Richard E. Scott

734 Tomahawk Dr

Ottawa 61350

815-433-4962

Dist. 23 Arratta A. Znaniecki

2532 E 1251st Rd

Ottawa 61350

815-433-5176

Dist. 24 Jack Leininger

2531 E. 2450th Rd

Marseilles 61341

815-795-4242

Dist. 25 Jerry Myers

1761 Sandy Ct

Streator 61364

815-672-4728

Dist. 26 Ronald J. Dittmer

809 S Monroe St POB 161

Streator 61364

815-673-1012

Dist. 27 Donald E. Jordan

110 W 10th St

Streator 61364

815-672-5879

Dist. 28 Robert J. Jakupcak

805 Johnson St

Streator 61364

815-672-8702

Dist. 29 Glenn Garretson

3 Meredith Dr

Streator 61364

815-672-4654

2A Res to be heard at the Macon County Board Meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 14, 2008 for a Full Board vote. This meeting will be on the 5th floor of the Macon County Building in downtown Decatur at 7 PM. All members at Committee Meeting are in favor.

Hey, Coach, remember the blonde/brunette/redhead joke from a while back? Yeah, I was the stuttering fool tonight! But I had already spoke with confidence to each of the Committee members one-on-one prior to tonights meeting. Anyway, the only citizens in there tonight were there to here about the 2A, they are contacting there board members to help gain more support prior to the Feb 14.

So Macon County stays YELLOW for the moment, but I am sure that Macon County will look mighty fine in a nice shade of GREEN in a few weeks! The Pro2A map really won them over. Let's keep it going everyone.

Any word on Clinton County yet?

I have also been offered help in the rest of the counties, couldn't get in to detail on much more than that, But I am supposed to make a phone call tomorrow to discuss it further. Does the name "Louis Perez" from the NRA ring any bells? He is who I am supposed to call tomorrow. Any do's/don'ts for that conversation?

Well, since there is more than 2/3 of counties who oppose anti-gun laws, is there any chance that state-wide anti-gun laws can pass?

Unfortunately, yes!! We have 63.7% of the counties, but only a small % of population and thus representation in Springfield. Coach had the population % figured but I think it's around 25% or less now.

Gotta get Chicagoland stirred up. Maybe the recent moves by Cook county will get people off their duffs.

AB

Awsome work in Clinton!

What are the thoughts on what to say and what not to mention to this NRA guy who wants me to call him tomorrow? I know that earlier on we didn't really want to get the NRA or other groups involved, but do you guys think it might be benificial for the NRA to add some hype for us near Chicago and Cook county? You know, still having everything to proceed as we have, with citizens doing the walking and talking, but having the NRA whispering in the Commisioner's ears as they lie sleeping at night (so to speak), maybe doing a couple of articles on the progress and the movement?

Also, if I read it correctly, Peoria County is due on Jan 31 for a full board, and Moultire County in the Committee on Feb 6. After Macon County is heard on Feb 14, Moultire is the only one with any action going on....how close are we on other Counties so we don't end up with a speed bump in our road for the journeys over the new few weeks?

EDIT: I am going to try to talk with some people in Madison County and see if I can get some things stirred up. I may be going down there with a friend from work this weekend to celebrate our first paycheck from CAT (good excuse, right?) He lives in Gillespie and spends time in Alton and grew up in the area. I'll see if he knows anyone over in Madison County that is pro-gun (shouldn't be to hard) and we'll take it from there. No promises yet though, but I'll see what I can do. It ould be nice when we are in Sangamon County to say "Everything south of here is GREEN." and then just keep on moving North with that phrase. How bad will St. Clair be?

I don't know how everyone else feels, and I would also wonder how the folks that started the movement feel about the NRA joining in. Specifically the great folks in Pike county that started the resolution and the first counties to speak up. Also the great folks that started the 2A resolution website to champion the cause of gun rights and that we don't like what Chicago and Springfield is doing. There's a lot of regular, everyday people that have made the 2A resolution happen. And I'm sure a lot of them are NRA members. That's great. I used to be NRA. Perhaps I will be again. Right now I feel the ISRA is fine for me. But I do know that things are moving right along with just us Illinois folks saying "enough is enough." It's like a personal family thing now. Where were the NRA big boys before? And sure as anything, any further advances credited to the NRA will be stigmatized by the anti-gunners as "brought about by the NRA gun lobby."

I am but a new member here on this board. Let's hear what the elders have to say. As for me, we Illinois boys are doin' just fine by ourselves. And Tplane - you're doin' great! All by yourself and a few local folks.

Archived