Pro 2A resolution - Archive

Ashdump

I spoke with my good friend on the Ogle county board again last night. He's a gun enthusiast and collecter. He told me that the 2A Res. will be moving through committees in Ogle county next week, beginning with the Sheriffs committee on Jan. 14th. It was his opinion that the 2A resolution will most likely go before the full county board this month. He said with the materials I've furnished him and the work that he's done, he feels it's ready to go, and would keep me well informed.

I also volunteered to help him with yard signs for his next election to the board. It never hurts to show your appreciation, and it helps elect those people who are on our side.

And dig out the yellow highlighter!

Nice work Buzzard.

Good work on Ogle County. The Committee meeting for Macon is still set for Jan 22, we have anothe board meeting next week and I plan to be there to talk face to face with the members some more. From what I have gathered so far, I am anticipating the Res going in front of the full board in Feb, and it doesn't look like it is going to have much resistence at all.

I read in another post that we have a new member from Peoria County, I was a few days late getting in on the conversation, but GF mentioned the Res to them and asked if he was interested in helping out (indirectly). Any one know if he has gotten on board? I may PM him this evening and see if he wants to help and find out what he is willing to do...hopefully present it to the committee/board!

Anyone working on Ogle county? I have have a prospect real feed up with the current situation and is interested in taking this forward in Ogle.

I believe maybe Buzzard is working on Ogle? I am sure he would welcome someone to the team!

Molly B.

I spoke with my good friend on the Ogle county board again last night. He's a gun enthusiast and collecter. He told me that the 2A Res. will be moving through committees in Ogle county next week, beginning with the Sheriffs committee on Jan. 14th. It was his opinion that the 2A resolution will most likely go before the full county board this month. He said with the materials I've furnished him and the work that he's done, he feels it's ready to go, and would keep me well informed.

I also volunteered to help him with yard signs for his next election to the board. It never hurts to show your appreciation, and it helps elect those people who are on our side.

And dig out the yellow highlighter!

Hey Buzz!

The Pro2A website shows an Ogle Co. committee passed the resolution on to the board for a full vote on Jan. 15th. Have you heard anything about this? I think that yellow highlighter should be duly employed!

I haven't spoken to my board buddy, but I did check the county board website. The resolution passed through the Sheriffs committee with a unanimous vote to pass on to the executive board. The minutes of the e board have not been posted yet, but it was in the agenda, in the sheriffs report. I would think if there was a snag I would maybe have received a call. I think it will probably go to the full board as expected tuesday, next week.

Go Baby, Go Baby, Go!

Actually, credit goes to my county board friend as he pushed the paperwork, I suspect it was he that informed the 2A website. I just supplied him with the materials from here. But thanks for compliment on the avatar! He is pretty handsome.

I suppose the 2A Res will be a subject at IGOLD, but will it be brought up to the legislators? Or are we keeping mum for now? The wife and I are planning to go, it'll be our first time for IGOLD.

UPDATE:

Minutes of the Executive and States Attorney Committee, Ogle County, Jan. 10, 08

Second Amendment Resolution: Sheriff Beitel provided an overview of the proposed Resolution. At this time 60 counties have adopted the Resolution and it is pending in 5 other counties. The Resolution opposes proposed State legislation that would infringe upon the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms. Motion by Skip Kenney, 2nd by Don Huntley to forward the Resolution to the County Board. Motion carried.

County Board meets Jan.18th 5:30 PM. We'll know by Wednesday if it passed.

I see no problems.

Go Baby, Go Baby, GO!

Hey Ashdump and/or Garandfan,

Did you get any reply from Whiteside County? I just spoke with a friend that runs a gun shop in Whiteside and turned him on to the 2A Res. He hadn't heard about it, and he said he would look at the 2A website. I hope to get him onboard as he knows some board members and a lot of folk from the LEO community. ISP District 1 is in Sterling.

Let me know if you received a reply!

No, I've received no effective responses from any of those counties I wrote some time ago.

Now that the holidays are over, I guess we need to hit them again. I am wondering if they're just blowing me off because I am not from any of those particular counties.

Sangamon is still white...what's up with that? I thought they had a full-blown gun club there. Any word on all these remaining white counties?

I need not report recent action in Cook county....we are all too aware of that...

No, I've received no effective responses from any of those counties I wrote some time ago.

Now that the holidays are over, I guess we need to hit them again. I am wondering if they're just blowing me off because I am not from any of those particular counties.

Sangamon is still white...what's up with that? I thought they had a full-blown gun club there. Any word on all these remaining white counties?

I need not report recent action in Cook county....we are all too aware of that...

Sangamon might be tough due to all the government employees.

Hey Ashdump and/or Garandfan,

Did you get any reply from Whiteside County? I just spoke with a friend that runs a gun shop in Whiteside and turned him on to the 2A Res. He hadn't heard about it, and he said he would look at the 2A website. I hope to get him onboard as he knows some board members and a lot of folk from the LEO community. ISP District 1 is in Sterling.

Let me know if you received a reply!

Of all of the inquiries I have sent out, to date, only one has replied.........

"The Marshall County Board decided to take no action on this resolution at the November meeting.

Thank you,

Denny Bogner

Chairman, Marshall County Board"

That was over a month ago ;)

Thanks Coach, But the credit goes to my friend Paul White who is on the board.

Way to go Paul!!

My qrapevine tells me that things are starting to brew in Carroll County.

I will pass along what I find out.

Nothing out of Whiteside that I'm aware of yet. Workin' on it, though!

Archived