Pro 2A resolution - Archive

Ashdump

I think maybe the best thing to do is, just download the Pro2ARes site map each time there's a change...that way there will be no disagreement.

Makes sense to me, and sure won't hurt my feelings! :lips sealed:

Also, Someone needs to let him know when we find a change that he hasn't noticed.

Oh, and did I mention that my State Representative (District 101...represents nearly 3 counties, and I believe Moultrie is one of them) got an "A" rating from the NRA...Yeah, it feels great to be a part of this.

Also, when addressing my State Representative, how do I address him? (i.e. for county board members, "Commissioner" So-in-so.)

Tplane,

Bob Flider's a good guy, even sits on what many call the wrong side of the aisle in the House as far as 2A support goes. I've always called them "Representative Flider" for a while, many times they'll say "Just call me Bob". I stick to the more formal address in public situations to show respect for the person and the office. On the one or two occassions that it was one on one, I may have slipped to first name mode if they did it first. You can tell when you run into an ego that wants the title all the time. Rep Flider's not one of those.

Google Bob Flider, send him an e-mail and ask to get put on his weekly newsletter. Drop him a note once in a while thanking him for a particular vote or stance that you agree with, even if it's not a "2A issue". Right now, Rep Flider's on the Ameren rate increase. Most of these folks really appreciate some input and some thanks when things go right. Makes it easier to get something done later that you really want.

Build a relationship, become interested in the whole process, not just your "hot item".

My .02.

AB

The Elgin Rifle Club met this evening and a few candidates for local office were in attendance. I got a chance to speak directly with two Kane County board members about the 2A resolution. My county rep is going to try to get me on the agenda to present the 2A resolution for the committee of the whole meeting December 27th.

:Crying. =-(:

Attention Members of Marshall county

I sent this message to the Marshall county board a few days ago.....

"My name is xxx xxxxx from Vermilion county. I am inquiring as to whether or not the Pro-Second Amendment Resolution has been placed on the agenda of your county board? If it has not, or you are unaware of just what it is, this link http://www.pro2aresolution.com/ has a copy of the resolution and will explain it all. To date, 61 counties have passed the Resolution and many more have it on their agendas or are working to have it placed on their agendas. I strongly believe that all-in all at least 90 counties will sign on to the Resolution. Please pass this information along to your board. Thank you for taking the time to address my request,

Sincerely,

xxxxx xxxxxxx"

Recieved this message from the Chairman of the board......

"Mr. xxxxxxxx,

The Marshall County Board decided to take no action on this resolution at the November meeting.

Thank you,

Denny Bogner

Chairman, Marshall County Board"

If you live in this county, please keep the pressure on the board to get this on their agenda!!!!

Jackson County Board will meet on Wednesday December 12 at 6:00 PM at the courthouse in Murphysboro. Please feel free to attend if you are close by. The more the merrier. Otherwise, here are names and phone numbers of the board members if you feel so inclined to give them a call.

If you have family in Jackson County or have children going to SIU or will be soon - there is a reason to be involved.

Jackson County Board Members

William H. Alstat

618-426-3955

Karl Maple

618-568-1651

Dan Bost

618-687-2358

Mark Holt

618-763-4397

Frank Puttman

618-684-4065

Mary "Mickey" Korando

618-684-4805

A. Darnecea Moultrie

618-303-2381

Bob Lorinskas

618-684-5677

Donald R. Barrett

618-687-2131

John S. Rendleman

618-529-3056

Gerald Compton

618-457-2860

Donna McCann

618-529-6047

John Evans, Chairman

618-867-3167

Breton Kathleen O'Neill

618-529-2005

I was just wondering what the situation is with Moultrie County, does anyone know?

gnhntn

I believe Representative Robert Flider for District 101 is also ther Rep for Moultrie County as well as part of Shelby County. Take a look at my posts in the Pro 2A gameplan forum, I am working to gain his support, and if he is also your rep., it would probably be a good idea to ask him to support the 2A. His office is supposed to be getting in contact with me on a couple of other issues, but they have made it known that he supports gun owners rights and will continue to do so in the future. So another phone call, letter, or email may help to get Rep. Flider on board (thus helping to get the Res passed here in Macon County as well as adding support to Moultrie County. That's all I have to answer your question. But please, contact Rep. Flider. In fact, the first letter I drafted to send to him is on the other forum, I did not send it off, and I am going to need to rewrite it now. So, please, feel free to copy it and edit it to suit you, then email Bob at bobflider@repflider.com I am willing to work with you on getting Macon and Moultrie on board. Let me know if you want to take up the task in Moultrie for making the presentations to the Committee and Board (it seems there is a greater response when a person from the county makes the requests.)

I was just wondering what the situation is with Moultrie County, does anyone know?

gnhntn

I believe Representative Robert Flider for District 101 is also ther Rep for Moultrie County as well as part of Shelby County. Take a look at my posts in the Pro 2A gameplan forum, I am working to gain his support, and if he is also your rep., it would probably be a good idea to ask him to support the 2A. His office is supposed to be getting in contact with me on a couple of other issues, but they have made it known that he supports gun owners rights and will continue to do so in the future. So another phone call, letter, or email may help to get Rep. Flider on board (thus helping to get the Res passed here in Macon County as well as adding support to Moultrie County. That's all I have to answer your question. But please, contact Rep. Flider. In fact, the first letter I drafted to send to him is on the other forum, I did not send it off, and I am going to need to rewrite it now. So, please, feel free to copy it and edit it to suit you, then email Bob at bobflider@repflider.com I am willing to work with you on getting Macon and Moultrie on board. Let me know if you want to take up the task in Moultrie for making the presentations to the Committee and Board (it seems there is a greater response when a person from the county makes the requests.)

Thanks for the info tr, I knew you were doing a great job in Macon and some others on here were working on the other counties. Being from Shelby County myself I was wondering about the status of Moultrie, might know some people with the right contacts, or at least know who to contact. Keep up the good work.

gnhntn

Thanks for the info tr, I knew you were doing a great job in Macon and some others on here were working on the other counties. Being from Shelby County myself I was wondering about the status of Moultrie, might know some people with the right contacts, or at least know who to contact. Keep up the good work.

gnhntn

See post #1 in this thread. http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7140

Ol' Coach from Illinois Carry is working on Moultrie and some others. I am certain he would appreciate your help, particularly if you live there! All it takes is a few active and motivated county residents....given the state of affairs in Illinois regarding guns, it seems that these resolutions essentially sell themselves to most sensible people.

Give Ol' Coach a holler and ask him how to proceed in a serious way in Moultrie.

I'm coming in late to this party. I had no idea, and I'm shocked, that this passed in my home county of Winnebago. Thanks, Raiven for all your effort. I don't recall reading or hearing anything about it though, so I have a few questions:

Are these resolutions mostly symbolic?

If they are symbolic, how can we bring more media attention to this movement?

Is there anything I can do to help neighboring Boone county along?

Thanks guys, for restoring hope that Illinois just might be coming out of the dark ages.

Has there ever been a more stark illustration of the cultural divide in this state (at least in terms of guns) than the events of today?

The state is starting to seem like Belgium--an artificial construct, based on an accident of geography and short-term political convenience, rather than any kind of real unity.

OK--that comparison doesn't really work--I guess I'm over-thinking this one.

Jackson County voted 11-0 in favor of resolution. #62

This is an understatement folks - Wazzle is leaving out the monumental effort put forth by "Wazzle and friends". The resolution faced strong opposition in committee and I would not have been surprised if it had been tabled. This is a huge win considering Carbondale is a university town and seen by many to be a liberal haven.

Good work, my friend, good work!

Molly B.

p.s. it shows up BIG and Green on my screen!

This is an understatement folks - Wazzle is leaving out the monumental effort put forth by "Wazzle and friends". The resolution faced strong opposition in committee and I would not have been surprised if it had been tabled. This is a huge win considering Carbondale is a university town and seen by many to be a liberal haven.

Here is a copy of the email I already sent to Champaign County Board membears this P.M.:

Jackson County today became the 62nd IL county to pass the 2nd Amendment Resolution...by a 11-0 vote!

That's Jackson County...Carbodale...SIU...you know!

By the way, are you aware of what is currently on the agenda of Cook County and its gun control madness??

If you wanna know, I'll be more than happy to tell you or email you links to refer to!

How to win friends and influence people, huh?

ANd this was sent out to the members of the Macon County Board. Interesting enough, I will be at the Board metting tomorrow night, just to see how things work. (Don't get to excited yet, the Res goes in front of the Committee January 22, 2008. Tomorrow is for my educational purposes only....amd maybe a handful of "meet and greets" :rolleyes: )

Good evening:

Tonight (December 12, 2007) I received news of progress in Jackson county. Tonight the Jackson County Board voted on the Pro Second Amendment Resolution, and I am pleased to announce that the Resolution passed a full board vote 11-0. That's yet another unanimous decision to support the individual right defined in the Second Amendment of the United States. We are now at 62 counties and growing to show Illinois legislature that the People of Illinois are speaking out to stop the seemingly endless Gun Control originating mostly out of Cook County.

I'd like to personally thank Commissioner Bryan Smith for taking the time to add the Pro Second Amendment resolution to the Committee agenda on January 22, 2008 as this is one step closer to showing Illinois legislature that Macon County stand strong in support of it's citizen's Civil Rights. I look forward to seeing as many of you at the meeting as reasonably possible, as this will allow the Macon County Board members to be informed of what I am hoping will be placed on the Board agenda following the Committee meeting in January. Being properly informed prior to the Board meeting will allow all of you to have the time to think about what the Second Amendment means, as well as the remainder of the Bill of Rights that was enacted over 200 years ago (only a portion of the Constitution elected officials have sworn to uphold and defend). Thus allowing an educated vote to be made on behalf of the citizens of Macon County.

Thank you all for the time and effort you have already put into researching the information I previously provided as well as any additional research you have done on your own. I am honored to know that this issue is being taken seriously.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if there are any questions or concerns. I can be reached via this email or at ***-***-****.

V/R,

Dustin

Decatur, IL

Anyone working on Ogle county? I have have a prospect real feed up with the current situation and is interested in taking this forward in Ogle.

Lockman, have this person contact Rebeccah Huntley at countyclerk@oglecounty.org. She is the county clerk. I could not get the county board presidents email to work so I sent them a hard-copy.

http://www.oglecountyclerk.org/Ogle%20Coun...d%20Members.pdf

I think calling them directly would work MUCH better, especially for a resident of the county. I wrote them on 3 December and have received no response (yet).

03 December 2007

Dear W. Ed Rice and Rebecca Huntley:

I am writing to inform you of a significant movement that is sweeping Illinois, county by county. To date, 61 of the 102 Illinois counties (60%) have discussed and passed Pro-Second Amendment Resolutions. In general, the Resolutions present the "right to keep and bear arms" guarantees found in the Second Amendment (US Constitution) and Article 20 (Illinois Constitution). They further acknowledge that Illinois General Assembly members and other elected officials have sworn oaths to uphold those constitutions. The resolutions conclude by stating that the respective county opposes further gun control measures that infringe on the rights guaranteed to its citizens.

These resolutions are generally non-binding legally, but they make a strong statement. Their purpose, in part, is to directly inform state legislators of the will of the people of their constituent counties, so that elected officials can better represent the will of their constituents in the general assembly. Each and every year, a contingent of state legislators (largely from Chicago) introduce myriad gun control legislation that would affect not only the law-abiding citizens in their districts, but law-abiding citizens state-wide. Invariably, such bills are accompanied with promises of decreased violent crime (which of course is a problem largely confined to Chicago). On it's face, such legislation can be appealing because the arguments are intuitive - banning people from possessing firearms will reduce crime. But consider just who in society follows the law, and who does not. There is a great deal of scholarly literature, done by government and by academia, that simply doesn't find that claim (gun control reduces crime) to be true. Worse, the proposed bills are subject to relatively little scrutiny, and the bill sponsors cannot provide sound evidence that their bill will do what they say it will do. Scrutiny is crucially important, but particularly so when discussing legislation that would specifically infringe on the constitutional rights of the people. I think that most people in your county would oppose legislation that would infringe on their rights, and particularly when just legislation is justified only because criminals and gang-members run wild in just a few Chicago neighborhoods. Not to mention such measures don't appear to even help.

A couple of recent events underscore the urgency of this matter. First, the Illinois State Attorney General, Lisa Madigan, filed a "friend of the court" brief with the Supreme Court, asking them to uphold the strictest gun ban in the nation - Washington DC's total ban on handguns and all functional rifles and shotguns. Second, Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin proposes to shut down any gun store in Cook County that is within one mile of a school, park, or cemetary (that's many of them), and force such stores to be at least 10 miles apart. These recent measures underscore the notion that powerful people in Illinois would infringe on the rights of law-abiding citizens, and it is clear they want to push these measures on the entire state.

I am taking this opportunity to let you know of this second amendment movement, and that these issues are very important to your constituents. I would kindly ask you to consider bringing this resolution to the attention of your county board.

Please feel free to contact me for more information, or should you have any questions.

Sincerely,

"GarandFan"

My town, IL

Enclosures:

- Sample county resolution

- Second Amendment Resolutions county map

Anyone working on Ogle county? I have have a prospect real feed up with the current situation and is interested in taking this forward in Ogle.

I believe maybe Buzzard is working on Ogle? I am sure he would welcome someone to the team!

Molly B.

I hope he will join in the forum here quickly. I gave him the URL Yesterday morning.

Archived