Favor from anyone with an HK VP9 SK

DD123

For anyone who owns one, I have a favor to ask since I'm interested in renting one to test and potentially buying.

I'm looking for 2 measurements.

The first is from the backstrap where your right hand would sit high up on the grip, to the face of the trigger at rest.

The second is from that same location on the backstrap, to the point where you pull the slack out of the trigger and are up against the sear.

I'll post a pic of where on the backstrap I mean.

Basically I'm just looking to see if the gun fits my hand. I have a small list of guns that fits my hand and length of index finger, and I don't know anyone who owns the VP9 SK.

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas.

5006c2d8c1c41ef4124127241624830c.jpg

2 27/32" for the trigger at rest.

2 21/32" with the slack taken up.

You should probably read these as

between 2 13/16" and 2 7/8"

and

between 2 5/8" and 2 11/16"

I'm measuring to the point at the top of the interchangeable backstrap.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

I believe the VP9 SK is going onto my list to test out. I’m looking to switch to something larger than my XDS and the VP9 SK seems to fit the bill.

Thanks again!

2 27/32" for the trigger at rest.

2 21/32" with the slack taken up.

You should probably read these as

between 2 13/16" and 2 7/8"

and

between 2 5/8" and 2 11/16"

I'm measuring to the point at the top of the interchangeable backstrap.

By the way, how do you like the gun?

From every review I've read and watched on youtube, the consensus seems to be overwhelmingly good.

Pretty sure that geometry is the same as the full size VP9, and my full size measures 2.825 and 2.60, so in the same range as the previously posted figures.

Yes, the VP9 and VP9SK are the same. One minor difference: the bottom of the trigger guard on the VP9SK is a little different from the one on my VP9. My VP9 has a moderately deep groove underneath the trigger, and the trigger guard itself is more or less straight. On the VP9, the bottom part of the trigger guard is slightly curved and the groove is shallower. I don't know whether the current FS VP9s are different, but that's the way my (early production) VP9 is.

The groove is also present on the P30, P30L, and P30SK. Some people hate the groove, others don't care. When I notice it (not often), I take it as a reminder to be more careful about trigger finger placement.

By the way, how do you like the gun?

From every review I've read and watched on youtube, the consensus seems to be overwhelmingly good.

Love it. I've got an assortment of HKs, and they're all great. It's like having a house full of great kids - you enjoy the family resemblances, you enjoy the individual differences, you run into the occasional surprise. Like for example my daughter - the one with the smallest hands in the family - absolutely adores the HK45.

Archived