• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:51 AM

ISRA up now. 

Who testified for ISRA?

Posted Image

#122 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:05 AM

ISRA up now.

Who testified for ISRA?

Ed Sullivan

#123 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

Senate Amendment 1 has been filed on HB38 Crim Cd - Place of Worship

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Reinserts the provisions of the engrossed bill, except: (1) provides that aggravated battery committed by knowingly causing great bodily harm or permanent disability or disfigurement is a Class 2 felony (rather than a Class 1 felony in the engrossed bill) when the person causes great bodily harm or permanent disability to an individual whom the person knows to be a member of a congregation engaged in prayer or other religious activities at a church, synagogue, mosque, or other building, structure, or place used for religious worship; and (2) provides that the offense of unlawful use of weapons also includes carrying or possessing with intent to use the same unlawfully against another, any firearm (rather than any firearm, knife, or other dangerous weapon in the engrossed bill) in a church, synagogue, mosque, or other building, structure, or place used for religious worship (deletes school).

#124 modeler1945

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

Reading of >8,000 witness slips, >6,200 of them being in opposition at the time of the hearing, is waived.

So is this to say that they just straight up ignored them? Was there a point to us filling them out?

Did you ever see a match-grade round traveling three thousand feet per second go through a window?

...No one does. 

#125 Hatchet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

Reading of >8,000 witness slips, >6,200 of them being in opposition at the time of the hearing, is waived.

So is this to say that they just straight up ignored them? Was there a point to us filling them out?

If the anti's out number us, they make it a point to state that. So the purpose? So they can't use it against us. Also some reps will bring up the slip counts during floor debate.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#126 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

Yes, it shows that a majority of those who oppose this are more highly motivated than those who support it and are more likely to remember at the polls. It also shows pro-2A legislators that we are with them - we have their backs.

There just isn't time to read them all during a hearing, but they are in the record.

#127 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

Ill be away for perhaps an hour.

#128 quackersmacker

• 1,958 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

Rep Wilhour says he look forward to to filing suit if this become laws, and is a heck no (and I didn't type "heck").

Hey, watch that language!  This is a kid-friendly website.

Life Member --- NRA Endowment Level
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member --- Tennessee Gun Owners
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Oak Ridge Sportsmen's Association

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#129 quackersmacker

• 1,958 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

That language in HB38 :  "......great bodily harm or permanent disability to an individual whom the person knows to be a member of a congregation...……

That there, folks,  is a defense attorney's DREAM ! There are lots of attendees, visitors, etc. at churches and synagogues who are not members of the congregation.

DUH!

Maybe I'm missing something...…….Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#130 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:07 PM

That language in HB38 :  "......great bodily harm or permanent disability to an individual whom the person knows to be a member of a congregation...……

That there, folks,  is a defense attorney's DREAM ! There are lots of attendees, visitors, etc. at churches and synagogues who are not members of the congregation.

DUH!

It also doesn't specify member of THAT congregation, just any.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#131 steveTA84

• 4,307 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:25 PM

[quote name="G214me" post="1212874" timestamp="1558456000"][quote name="steveTA84" post="1212834" timestamp="1558452890"]
[quote name="AlphaKoncepts aka CGS" post="1212832" timestamp="1558452833"]
[quote name="cybermgk" post="1212830" timestamp="1558452738"]
AND, as usual, Willis seems 100% unwilling to bend on her bill, at all.
[/quote]
I respect that about her. If only we took the same approach.
0". No Compromises.[/quote]

No kidding. Some of us do.....
[/quote]
Knock it off you guys !!! Bending over and giving something up for the false promise of them not takin even more is the "high road". anything else may cause those that hate us to not like us as much.[/quote]

Lol!

#132 harley1955

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:29 PM

Are there transcripts made of these committee hearings? I'd like to read all the diarrhea that poured out of Willis's mouth.

#133 quackersmacker

• 1,958 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

DUH!

It also doesn't specify member of THAT congregation, just any.

Yes, good point!   Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.  Bad laws are bad enough, but at least they shouldn't be sloppy!

#134 InterestedBystander

• 6,402 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

Are there transcripts made of these committee hearings? I'd like to read all the diarrhea that poured out of Willis's mouth.

Ive only seen transcripts for legislative sessions and never from committee that I recall.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#135 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:58 PM

That language in HB38 :  "......great bodily harm or permanent disability to an individual whom the person knows to be a member of a congregation...

DUH!

Maybe I'm missing something....Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

"Carrying or possessing with intent" is also a difficult standard to prove.

#136 InterestedBystander

• 6,402 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

So in testimony today Willis was touting fingerprinting by the ISP for $28 instead of the $65-$75 Todd spoke to. Has anyone ever tried using them and gotten that price? Did you have to schedule an appt?
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#137 quackersmacker

• 1,958 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

That language in HB38 :  "......great bodily harm or permanent disability to an individual whom the person knows to be a member of a congregation...

DUH!

Maybe I'm missing something....Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

"Carrying or possessing with intent" is also a difficult standard to prove.

Bingo!

#138 quackersmacker

• 1,958 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

These DEM ILLannoy legislators are so inept..............can't we somehow get them promoted to Congress in Washington?

#139 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

Will let you know.

#140 Flynn

• Members
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

So in testimony today Willis was touting fingerprinting by the ISP for $28.............................

If she is adamant that $28 is not a burden to exercise the 2nd, then lets apply the same $28 fingerprints on exercising all rights, including the 1st and 26th, then at least I will get my moneys worth  :)

Or is the obvious double standard in effect?

Anonymous leakers, leak anonymously about the anonymous leak.

—Anonymous

#141 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:19 PM

(Intentional left blank).

#142 InterestedBystander

• 6,402 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:21 PM

So in testimony today Willis was touting fingerprinting by the ISP for $28.............................

If she is adamant that $28 is not a burden to exercise the 2nd, then lets apply the same $28 fingerprints on exercising all rights, including the 1st and 26th, then at least I will get my moneys worth  :)

She did not say it was not a burden but trying to offset statements about prints costing closer to $100. First I heard of ISP doing printing and I suspect its not easy to get done. Never been printed and have no immediate need or plan to. Enjoyed bringing up the voter comparison and they jumped in on how that was different.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 21 May 2019 - 01:23 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#143 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:23 PM

The House stands adjourned until 5/22/2019 @ 11:00 AM.

The Senate previously adjourned until 5/22 @ 12:30 PM.

#144 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,069 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

I wonder if she was taking about ISP's fee for doing the background check with the prints?
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#145 Flynn

• Members
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

She did not say it was not a burden but trying to offset statements about prints costing closer to $100. First I heard of ISP doing printing and I suspect its not easy to get done. Never been printed and have no immediate need or plan to. 

Her entire argument is an implied intent is to show that fingerpringing is not a an excessive burden to exercise the right.

Enjoyed bringing up the voter comparison and they jumped in on how that was different.

It's only different because they choose to apply two different sets of standards to rights.

Edited by Flynn, 21 May 2019 - 01:26 PM.

Anonymous leakers, leak anonymously about the anonymous leak.

—Anonymous

#146 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

She did not say it was not a burden but trying to offset statements about prints costing closer to $100. First I heard of ISP doing printing and I suspect its not easy to get done. Never been printed and have no immediate need or plan to. Enjoyed bringing up the voter comparison and they jumped in on how that was different.

She had the gall to ask "Has voting ever killed anyone".  And, frankly the Rs in the room dropped the ball in response.  Because, YES, in fact, voting does on a regular basis.  People that have voted for the idiots that created GFZ laws, just to start.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#147 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

I wonder if she was taking about ISP's fee for doing the background check with the prints?

This is Rep Willis we are talking about.  I am pretty sure, she is just flat wrong, and made the figure up.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#148 steveTA84

• 4,307 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:55 PM

Right on her website’s main page

XeX3WTS.jpg

#149 Euler

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:56 PM

This is Rep Willis we are talking about.  I am pretty sure, she is just flat wrong, and made the figure up.

She's just saying what she was told to say.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#150 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

She had the gall to ask "Has voting ever killed anyone".  And, frankly the Rs in the room dropped the ball in response.  Because, YES, in fact, voting does on a regular basis.  People that have voted for the idiots that created GFZ laws, just to start.

Beyond that, her analogy is deeply flawed.

The Second Amendments protects a right to keep and bear arms, not a right to commit murder. There is no right to commit murder.

And it's Chicago's murder problem she claims to want to solve, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users