• 2,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:38 AM

voting 

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#92 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:38 AM

Rep Wilhour says he look forward to to filing suit if this become laws, and is a heck no (and I didn't type "heck").

#93 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:40 AM

Passed 12-7 even though several Dems had concerns

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#94 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Voting yes to get bill out of committee, even though opposed to bill?

Is that just to keep bill alive?
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#95 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,630 posts

On a vote 127/0 SB1966 will be favorably reported to the floor. Many of those aye votes expressed concern about the costs, etc but voted to get he bill out of committee.

#96 Evil Porkchop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:41 AM

On a vote 127/0 SB1966 will be favorably reported to the floor. Many of those aye votes expressed concern about the costs, etc but voted to get he bill out of committee.

Is there a breakdown of who voted yes. I couldn't hear it all

#97 Druid

• Members
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:42 AM

Didn't hear any concerns from Zalewski who recently claimed to be proud that he ranks above an F with the NRA.

#98 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Yes, expecting the usual  Dem promise of a floor amendment.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#99 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

What is the point of committee if you just pass every bill out? Other than witness slips and testimony.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#100 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,630 posts

Is there a breakdown of who voted yes. I couldn't hear it all

Not yet, but there should be soon.

#101 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:43 AM

Well, another bill that WILL be challenged in the courts, and likely a step closer to eradicating the FOID system.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#102 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

What is the point of committee if you just pass every bill out? Other than witness slips and testimony.

You're assuming the Dems actually care about their oaths and the Constitution and what is right.  And they waived hearing about Witness slips.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#103 tricolor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

Well, another bill that WILL be challenged in the courts, and likely a step closer to eradicating the FOID system.

Right on!

#104 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:46 AM

Lol that's some silver lining kind of thought.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#105 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

Thats why Im not up in arms yet. Lots of less financially secure people can file suit with help of the bigger orgs and get this tossed. Theres is a solid case and it can be fought. Prepare the lawyers. Ill happily contribute to the plaintiff fund.

In the meantime, if someone could compile a short video of all of the stuff Willis had to say (or not say via ignoring it) that makes it show she doesnt care about the constitution or about underprivileged people, that could be used against her

Edited by steveTA84, 21 May 2019 - 09:49 AM.

#106 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

That’s why I’m not up in arms yet. Lots of less financially secure people can file suit with help of the bigger orgs and get this tossed. There’s is a solid case and it can be fought. Prepare the lawyers. I’ll happily contribute to the plaintiff fund

And we can call it "the indigent fund", just like Willis.

#107 steveTA84

• 4,309 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:49 AM

Thats why Im not up in arms yet. Lots of less financially secure people can file suit with help of the bigger orgs and get this tossed. Theres is a solid case and it can be fought. Prepare the lawyers. Ill happily contribute to the plaintiff fund
And we can call it "the indigent fund", just like Willis.

LOL. Love it

Way I see it as why not everyone toss $25 towards it. If it becomes law, well be paying more than that anyways when renewal comes, so lets get ready to fight it now

Edited by steveTA84, 21 May 2019 - 09:51 AM.

#108 tricolor

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

That’s why I’m not up in arms yet. Lots of less financially secure people can file suit with help of the bigger orgs and get this tossed. There’s is a solid case and it can be fought. Prepare the lawyers. I’ll happily contribute to the plaintiff fund

That is exactly right.  We will not gain ground anywhere in this state by the legislative process, even though I freely give credit where credit is due to those who, like the members of this site, fight the good fight. 

We need to take a page from our LGBTQ friends and sue, sue, sue.  After all, we would not have any form of carry if not for the courts.

#109 guzzimike66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

I was commuting to work while this was going on. Is there an archived audio/video of it anywhere by chance?

#110 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:53 AM

The Senate has been in session about 6 or 7 minutes.

#111 gunuser17

• PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

There is nothing guaranteed about any court case.  Just look at Peruta in California.  I seem to remember vows that the FFL Dealer Licensing law would be challenged in court and I have not seen any case regarding that yet.  The real challenge is first funding all of these cases that everyone wants to bring and, second, actually winning them. Much better to stop them at the legislative level but gun owners have to actually vote their interests in the next election rather than just voting for a party or failing to vote.

#112 tricolor

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

There is nothing guaranteed about any court case.  Just look at Peruta in California.  I seem to remember vows that the FFL Dealer Licensing law would be challenged in court and I have not seen any case regarding that yet.  The real challenge is first funding all of these cases that everyone wants to bring and, second, actually winning them. Much better to stop them at the legislative level but gun owners have to actually vote their interests in the next election rather than just voting for a party or failing to vote.

This is true, there is nothing guaranteed.  But I like having a fighting chance, which is something we will simply not get in this rigged legislative system.   

#113 G214me

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

ISP representative is avoiding direct answers about FOID act.  He is BASICALLY also saying they support the bill because they will get more funds, and are currently unable to do what they are already tasked with under FOID.

Glad to see the ISP showing their true colors, infringing on rights is ok as long as they get more money. Nice job dodging questions too.

#114 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:18 AM

in my humble opinion relying on the courts is a defeatist attitude. We must fight every step of the way and try to prevent it from even getting that far.

There's no guarantee we win any of the steps, including in the courts.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#115 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

The House is underway.

116 members are present.

#116 G214me

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

Willis says Todd wasn't invited before, because they have butted heads before.  Basically she is saying in PC way, he wasn't because he wouldn't agree with her ideas.

Hard to believe sheep actually keep electing a wanna be tyrant that feels tax paying citizens should be excluded for having a different opinion.

#117 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,061 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

On a vote 127/0
Wut
Have all boated who fish?

#118 G214me

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

AND, as usual, Willis seems 100% unwilling to bend on her bill, at all.

I respect that about her. If only we took the same approach.
0". No Compromises.

No kidding. Some of us do.....

Knock it off you guys !!! Bending over and giving something up for the false promise of them not takin even more is the "high road". anything else may cause those that hate us to not like us as much.

#119 G214me

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:33 AM

On a vote 127/0
Wut

It's actually 12 / 7 

#120 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:43 AM

Knock it off you guys !!! Bending over and giving something up for the false promise of them not takin even more is the "high road". anything else may cause those that hate us to not like us as much.

No, that's not the high road. That's sometimes the reality of Illinois politics but the high road is a separate issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users