Get a Permit from another state threads

Chris

Utah BCI likes to operate a net $0 budget for ccw. When they need new equipment they save for it. When they have a surplus they drop the fees. When they need more money to operate they will raise the fees.

Utah BCI likes to operate a net $0 budget for ccw. When they need new equipment they save for it. When they have a surplus they drop the fees. When they need more money to operate they will raise the fees.

I'm going to guess that the State of Utah isn't broke like Illinois either.

Mailed my FL permit app around 12/15. I got it today.

Their website says they're overwhelmed with apps and to allow the full 90 days, so I'm surprised I got it this quickly, even adding in Christmas & New Year's.

Marie, you must be one of very few on here that got their IL permit before their FL permit. Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hej gays I got silly question .

Any chance Illinois Concealed Carry Firearm Training Certificate its good for Florida ccw .

Thank you for input.

Yes it is, also for Arizona.

Gamma - thank you for quick response

You mean copy off Illinois Certificate is sufficient without any changes ?

Thank you again Gamma

Hej gays I got silly question .

Any chance Illinois Concealed Carry Firearm Training Certificate its good for Florida ccw .

Thank you for input.

Yes it is, also for Arizona.

Gamma - thank you for quick response

You mean copy off Illinois Certificate is sufficient without any changes ?

Thank you again Gamma

Gamma I got it .

Thank you again

How much are fingerprint cards costing you guys? Just went to a smaller town and paid $25 per card for my Arizona. The local PD wanted $50/card!

Wow, we must be very lucky here in Shorewood.

The local PD does prints for free for residents.

Chief says it's a service to those who already pay taxes here, kinda nice gesture.

Anyway, got my Arizona out on the 18th of this month, we'll see how longh they take.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you send a fingerprint card to FL or UT does anyone know what happens to it? Does it just get put in a filing cabinet or do they scan it in to CODIS?

I don't want to sound too paranoid but I fear gun owners fingerprints could be used against them. If someone somewhere with similar fingerprints commits a crime you could get arrested for it. You probably could hire a fingerprint expert to clear your name but how much would that cost and how long would you have to wait in jail for that to happen.

So far I have never been fingerprinted and I would kind of like to keep it that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember when I applied and got a Utah, there was a section of the application that asked for a non resident to include a copy of your home state license. I believe other states asked for this cause they were missing out on the application fee $$$ ... I looked online and found errors on the Utah page links trying to open the applications. I did see that one month prior they would send you a letter. but I coudnt open them....

... However... at the time I applied something about Illinois made it that they didn't require it on mine. I applied about a month after Illinois started to accept applications for Illinois... So I believe as of a year and almost a half ago... you didn't. I remember being told it was because of the lack of reciprocity. give them a call .. Their office isn't as messed up as Illinois is.

Has any thing changed in the 41/2 years ive had my Utah permit? does one need to show a home state permit now to renew Utahs?

No, because there is no recognition agreement between Utah and Illinois. If Illinois recognized Utah's permit the answer would be yes.

So you don't need an IL resident FCCL to get a Utah nonresident license?

• 1 month later...

Okay so the current "valid" licenses/permits I have are IL and PA (I even drove to PA to renew mine when they stopped doing it through the mail)! I'm getting my AZ, as I just emailed them to mail me the packet to do so. I plan on getting my FL since I know I can get that on my IL "training". I do think I may go ahead and start going "full on" "collector", so I may seek the additional UT "training" and get that one too. Any others you fellow "collectors" recommend? Just to cover the list again the ones I have or will/plan to have are: IL, PA, AZ, FL, UT - what else may I consider adding to this list !?

Archived