Because Criminals Don't Follow The Law?

mauserme

Aldermen ask: Chicago has only 1,484 registered gun offenders?

Fran Spielman
Last year, there were 781 murders in Chicago ....
Why, then, some aldermen want to know, does the city’s gun offender registry have just 1,484 names?
That doesn’t even count an additional 458 people who are required to register, but haven’t done so.
“I’m incredulous. With all the gun violence, with all the gun arrests, with all of the gun convictions, I cannot understand how there are only 2,000 people currently required to register as gun offenders,” Finance Committee Chairman Edward Burke (14th) said during a joint committee hearing Tuesday.
“It defies logic. There’s a glitch someplace. It certainly wasn’t the intent,” he said.
North Side Ald. Harry Osterman (48th) agreed.
...I have to believe that there are more of these gun offenders who are living in Chicago unregistered,” Osterman said.

Why are we not surprised that two of the longest serving aldermen do not understand that by definition, criminals do not obey the law.

Any reasonable person would have known that the city ordinance establishing the "gun offender registry " is a failed concept.

Just another example of why Chicago is such a failed city.

Why are we not surprised that two of the longest serving aldermen do not understand that by definition, criminals do not obey the law.

Any reasonable person would have known that the city ordinance establishing the "gun offender registry " is a failed concept.

Just another example of why Chicago is such a failed city.

Complete agreement here. Alder-criminals....

Half the problem is they do not enforce the law or give full sentences...

Wish there was data on how people are sentenced and how much time they serve, listed by offense.

Creating more laws won't help if they are not being sentenced or serving full sentences.

Right on. This concept is central to my argument with the anti's. I wish there was a website like heyjackass.com for this - hey maybe those guys could expand in that direction!

The bottom line is that at the end of the day the political liberals want the body count to go up, the shootings to continue and will pass any law to ensure that trend continues. It's not about them not understanding that criminals don't pay any attention to laws they make. It has to do with more big government; the more government the better. More government jobs, more glad handing and more taxing. Chicago is the poster child of the liberal ideology. It's not impossible for Chicago to reverse the trend of gangs and shootings, other cities have done it. But yet no one tries and if they do they get shut down. At some point you have to ask yourself "WHY"? The answer is I go back to my first sentence.

At some point logic and the obvious win out no matter how much they try to muddy the water. There is a thick barrier in Chicago that they try to use to shield themselves from what is ultimately the truth. It's been hard at work for years and it almost to the point it's impossible to see anything.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, March 22, 2017 at 03:38 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, March 22, 2017 at 03:38 PM - No reason given

Are these people that clueless? How do these people get voted in? Chicago and cook county are so far gone.

Union members, welfare recipients, and illegals vote them in. Thank some today if you're in chitcongo!

The bottom line is that at the end of the day the political liberals want the body count to go up, the shootings to continue and will pass any law to ensure that trend continues. It's not about them not understanding that criminals don't pay any attention to laws they make. It has to do with more big government; the more government the better. More government jobs, more glad handing and more taxing. Chicago is the poster child of the liberal ideology. It's not impossible for Chicago to reverse the trend of gangs and shootings, other cities have done it. But yet no one tries and if they do they get shut down. At some point you have to ask yourself "WHY"? The answer is I go back to my first sentence.

At some point logic and the obvious win out no matter how much they try to muddy the water. There is a thick barrier in Chicago that they try to use to shield themselves from what is ultimately the truth. It's been hard at work for years and it almost to the point it's impossible to see anything.

They maintain the continual crisis...

Half the problem is they do not enforce the law or give full sentences...

Wish there was data on how people are sentenced and how much time they serve, listed by offense.

Creating more laws won't help if they are not being sentenced or serving full sentences.

Right on. This concept is central to my argument with the anti's. I wish there was a website like heyjackass.com for this - hey maybe those guys could expand in that direction!

This won't even tell the whole story. You would need to get what they were arrested for, what they plead it down to, and then what was their sentence and how much time did they serve. The difference between the penalty for what they were arrested for and what they were convicted of is relevant...and significant.

Archived