J(elly)B(elly) in scheme to defraud County taxing bodies

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:09 PM

It doesnt matter, prepare to give up your guns next year.

You go right ahead. I'm keeping everything I own.

Wait. You guys are planning to "turn in your guns" when ordered to do so? Is there another discussion board I can go to where there are gun owners with balls...?

Can anyone tell me why you have guns? I was under the impression that they were there to defend your freedoms from tyrannical government...freedoms that include your right to be armed. Do we no longer feel that?

Exactly.

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#32 crufflesmuth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:21 PM

I don't have any guns, they're all airsoft ;)

#33 Joebillybob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:33 AM

I forsee a huge uptick in boating accidents...

#34 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

Mine were all turned in exchange for Wally World gift cards at one of those no questions asked buy backs.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#35 Raw Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:50 AM

Mine were all turned in exchange for Wally World gift cards at one of those no questions asked buy backs.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Father Flakey's bodyguard has mine.

#36 GP4L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:54 AM

No.  Change my mind...

#37 crufflesmuth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:43 PM

Good luck with that, the state does not know what you or I own given that dealers maintain physical records of the sale. Unless the state seizes all the records, and magically finds the manpower to figure out who has what I have a difficult time understanding why Illinois won't end up in a similar situation like NY, with extremely low compliance rates lol

#38 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:57 PM

Beep beep!

Did i do that right?

Works for me!!

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Phil Compton "ishmo", "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#39 lilguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

Don’t kid yourselves, how many of you are the gun owner in the family, social circle or neighborhood. Someone will be the test case for
an AWB. Illinois doesn’t play around, we have FOID, we were forced by court order to implement CCW. It’s coming because the majority of those voting in this state want them gone and they don’t give a frock what we think. So welcome to felony land. After a short
period to get rid of them you have to keep it hidden, can’t transport it and turn your family members into coconspirators in Gun crimes.
Every MSR and hi cap mag will be as.UUW charge. More than a few of us here will have issues. This is the reality we are looking at.

#40 crufflesmuth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

Don’t kid yourselves, how many of you are the gun owner in the family, social circle or neighborhood. Someone will be the test case for
an AWB. Illinois doesn’t play around, we have FOID, we were forced by court order to implement CCW. It’s coming because the majority of those voting in this state want them gone and they don’t give a frock what we think. So welcome to felony land. After a short
period to get rid of them you have to keep it hidden, can’t transport it and turn your family members into coconspirators in Gun crimes.
Every MSR and hi cap mag will be as.UUW charge. More than a few of us here will have issues. This is the reality we are looking at.

Felony land? Our politicians allow illegal immigrants to vote, which is itself a felony. Our politicians should be the last people to honor and respect in this city-state, formerly called 'Illinois'. I can't wait to see the non-compliance rate for Illinois, nobody outside Chicago, and Cook County is going to comply. 

#41 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:19 AM

Felony land? Our politicians allow illegal immigrants to vote, which is itself a felony. Our politicians should be the last people to honor and respect in this city-state, formerly called 'Illinois'. I can't wait to see the non-compliance rate for Illinois, nobody outside Chicago, and Cook County is going to comply.

And the crooked ******** are pretty much immune from prosecution.

#42 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Good luck with that, the state does not know what you or I own given that dealers maintain physical records of the sale.

If you purchased a firearm in IL, the state knows how many handguns and long guns you have purchased.  They don't know make and model.  The state doesn't destroy FTIP files.

#43 Glock23

I am no one.

• 4,102 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:28 PM

If you purchased a firearm **from an FFL** in IL, the state knows how many handguns and long guns you have purchased.

FIFY.

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#44 crufflesmuth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:30 PM

Good luck with that, the state does not know what you or I own given that dealers maintain physical records of the sale.

If you purchased a firearm in IL, the state knows how many handguns and long guns you have purchased.  They don't know make and model.  The state doesn't destroy FTIP files.

So if they don't know the make and model, then it stands to reason any registration scheme is just a pretext for people to incriminate themselves. Oh sure, current AWB drafts specify that once registered, you can 'keep' your affected weapons, but we all know how that turned out in California.

#45 45Badger

• 1,877 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:27 AM

GTFOOI. Went to the bank yesterday. My banksters know we’re leaving the state. The young guy told me he is seeing money leaving at a crazy pace. Simple things like working class families moving to Indiana with one earner commuting to old job in Illinois, the other working at new Indiana job. Complex things like rich people reallocating businesses and other assets away from Illinois. Mobile people voting with their feet. Get out while you can. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9mm = 45ACP set on "stun"
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!

.45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

“The most dangerous risk of all – The risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later”

#46 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Members
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

I spoke with a young couple last night that are moving to Tennessee next month. She already has a better job lined up and he has a good prospect of a job.

They were saying that there are signs all over the Nashville area welcoming Illinois folks. Also a lot of bears and Cubs flags.

The exodus is real.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#47 mikew

• Members
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:13 AM

If you purchased a firearm **from an FFL** in IL, the state knows how many handguns and long guns you have purchased.

FIFY.

If you purchased from an FFL, the state knows how many times you were approved for long gun purchase or handgun purchase.

On either purchase, couldn't you add on long arms?

#48 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:42 AM

On either purchase, couldn't you add on long arms?

Can't remember if there was a "both" on the FTIP or if it was on the 4473.

I guess you could fool the system by purchasing more than 1 at a time on one background check.  The multiple handgun purchase form is something for the ATF and not the state.

#49 SiliconSorcerer

• 2,394 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:07 AM

People have criticized me for not wanting to "help the police" because after 10 years my records hit the fireplace.   

I have no record of ANY firearm that's over 10 years old and this isn't purple. 

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#50 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

FIFY.

If you purchased from an FFL, the state knows how many times you were approved for long gun purchase or handgun purchase.

All the state knows is how many guns you've purchased.  They have no idea how many guns you currently have.  That's the one great thing about these "no questions asked" buy backs.  You could have turned in your guns at a buy back and there would be no way to prove you didn't do it.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#51 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,927 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

c7wZXCO.jpg