Gun Free Zone The Movie

MagSlap

I was just knocking around youtube and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enq-BWaQja0

It was published on Feb 15.

I searched the board here about any mention of if and surprisingly found none.

I just started watching the first few minutes of it. It opens with Valinda Rowe and IGOLD in Springfield and is introduced with the verbiage "This is the story of Illinois getting the right to bear arms"

I would think there would be mention of this movie....or am I out of line on this?

Is this an unapproved video?

Wow.. All I can say is WOW!. I had no idea what all went into this.. I'm 28+ minutes into the presentation and am forced to "save it for later" cuz I have to get busy (chores) but I will hurry my chores to finish this presentation.

Valinda.. Kudo's.. Todd.. Kudo's.. You guys along with others & supporters are AMAZING!

The presentation (video) is also amazing.. Not only the content... But the editing, and so on..

Wow.. All I can say is WOW!. I had no idea what all went into this.. I'm 28+ minutes into the presentation and am forced to "save it for later" cuz I have to get busy (chores) but I will hurry my chores to finish this presentation.

Valinda.. Kudo's.. Todd.. Kudo's.. You guys along with others & supporters are AMAZING!

The presentation (video) is also amazing.. Not only the content... But the editing, and so on..

My thoughts about it as well!!

I'm 51 mins into it so far...

My thoughts about it as well!!

I'm 51 mins into it so far...

Yep.. Chores are on hold.. I'm @ 40 minutes.. The wife wanted to know what was so funny as I am in the computer room.. I had to LOL @ Quinn ducking stating he had to turn off his phone..

Yep.. Chores are on hold.. I'm @ 40 minutes.. The wife wanted to know what was so funny as I am in the computer room.. I had to LOL @ Quinn ducking stating he had to turn off his phone..

Loved when Valinda 'traded in her tactical rat tailed comb and tactical tongue depressor for her conceal license and 9mm' :clap:

EDIT:

Continuing, this vid makes it clear there is still a way to go regarding prohibited places to carry.

Finished the whole vid.. Only a couple of pauses to help out around the house..

PERFECT!.. There were times when I laughed (usually shaking my head at what I consider stupidity.. So stupid (imo) that it was funny).. More than once I got a bit misty, and a few times I was angry...

As said.. I had no idea what went into our privilege right to protect ourselves..

Classes became available, I signed up (with my checkbook).. I missed the whole "big picture" and what was involved.

Lights are now on in my house..

Wow and GREAT job to all involved.

I started this video this afternoon and at about the 2 minute mark had to restart it as the misses asked what it was and then (my suprise), aksed if she could watch and to restart it?!?!

We sat thru the entire video and she was just shaking her head yes.

She has been hanging back along the thin line of why she would need her own firearm and classes, to YES, I want to begin classes and the idea of firearms in the home make more sense to her each month since last August. (I got my CCL then).

Her first time actually firing a handgun was this past Tuesday afternoon and she was pretty good at it.

Asked if we could go to lunch as she was hungry, after lunch, asked if we could go back to the range and shoot again. Wow.

She liked the video very much and commented how the women in the video all seemed to be very strong about their rights to carry a gun and such.

Thanks again to all who moved the cornerstones, if only halfway at this time, for the rights of ALL in Illinois to own and carry a defensive weapon.

I started watching this last night. All I can say is wow and a huge thank you to those who put so much of their lives into fighting for our gun rights in this state. I only got involved in firearms in mid 2013, so I'm still learning the history. This documentary has really opened my eyes to the ignorance of the Chicago politicians who consider their failed polices to still be working.

Without Mary, Otis and so many others, where would we be today? Illinois would still be the only state in the country without a concealed carry law. Chicago residents would still be unable to protect themselves in their own homes.

I've been sharing the link out all over my social media circles. It's important to know how we got to where we are, even to those who don't live in Illinois.

Loved when Valinda 'traded in her tactical rat tailed comb and tactical tongue depressor for her conceal license and 9mm' :clap:

My favorite part of the movie too! Especially when earlier in the movie they pointed out the stupid suggestion of the ISP for how women really don't need guns, just use those things. An effective use of the "stupid" of the anti movement.

My wife came in while I was watching... I'm set up for YouTube on my living room TV...and says "Who is that pretty lady?" (Molly) Then sat down to watch the last half.

I actually have criticism which I'll keep to myself. It has nothing to do with the message which speaks for itself, and more to do with the displayed negligent actions of a messenger. I'm nit picking.

I noticed there's another one on the way. The title was up on the left side of the screen while credits rolled.

Yeah, the guy yapping about his guns was a bit annoying. And how can so many gun advocates still use the term "clip"? Holy crap it drove me nuts.

Although there was a rebuttal which made him look like the idiot he is, I really wish lee goodman wasn't in it. Kind of ruins the moment to hear the idiot talk.

The preview of the next video, with militarized police going door to door is what was in the original trailer for this movie. Looks like that one will be good too.

Archived