Makarov parts

kk5

Oh for the good old days.

attachicon.gifMakarov advertisement from June 1, 1994 bottom Reduced.png

Purchased a 2 tone and satin for 125 each.

Good place to order mags grips etc

https://pmgrip.com/

Interesting.

I'm pretty firmly out of Makarovs now. I only have my first left, a Baikal commercial .380. I can't see myself getting back into Maks, or using my one remaining one for carry. They aren't the killer deal they once were, and there are better options out there. In the same physical size, I can have an XDS with 8 (with the mid-length magazine) rounds of 9x19 and much better sights.

Cheapest I ever picked one up was $100, most expensive $175. I think I've had 4 go through my hands.

The +2 magazine extension is interesting. It looks like they've integrated the magazine release with it.

Oh for the good old days.

attachicon.gifMakarov advertisement from June 1, 1994 bottom Reduced.png

Purchased a 2 tone and satin for 125 each.

Good place to order mags grips etc

https://pmgrip.com/

Interesting.

I'm pretty firmly out of Makarovs now. I only have my first left, a Baikal commercial .380. I can't see myself getting back into Maks, or using my one remaining one for carry. They aren't the killer deal they once were, and there are better options out there. In the same physical size, I can have an XDS with 8 (with the mid-length magazine) rounds of 9x19 and much better sights.

Cheapest I ever picked one up was $100, most expensive $175. I think I've had 4 go through my hands.

The +2 magazine extension is interesting. It looks like they've integrated the magazine release with it.

I've had a P64, a Bulgarian, and the CZ (82 I believe), a few Russians, and a Norinco clone. I like them for aesthetic and style more than functionality. They're all built like tanks, but I don't like the round much, and they're snappy as heck. I can understand why people like them (especially for what they used to go for), but for me, it was just one more collection taking up space that I didn't need.

I just revived my FEG PA 63 (Walther PPK knockoff) . What fun to shoot though, very accurate and not a bad carry on a hot day ! I paid around a $100 for it back in early 80's.

I've got a 90's version of the FEG APK in .380. I don't consider it a gun. Ridiculous double action trigger, nubs for sights, and heavier than a full-sized double stack 9mm. I bought it because my wife is Hungarian and thought she'd get a kick out of it. I read somewhere the FEG pistols were designed as a kick in the teeth to the Russians. They refused to buy arms from them, so they built their own.

I changed out the recoil, hammer and magazine springs in my PA63 AP9 with the Wolf kits and there is very little recoil now, the DA hammer is very light and the mags feed perfectly. These guns are a pleasure to shoot and very accurate. The AP9 has a 4" barrel as opposed to the 3.5" in your APK. Mine has the steel slide and aluminum lower and is not that heavy to carry. I changed the grip to get rid of the thumb rest and although I prefer my C-100 , I will carry this on and off during the hot weather.

I changed the hammer spring and bought but didn't change the recoil spring. The people at Wolff said it would work, but it's several coils too long and I'm not comfortable snipping it without verification it won't cause any problem. The new hammer spring was a big help. Double action trigger is now just 13 pounds. You could probably pocket carry this without a holster and not blow your berries off. This one just sits in the safe though.

If that recoil spring is 6" long, it will work. I put the 15# recoil in. And yes, you can carry these guns with one in the chamber , hammer down. They have a 'passive' firing pin they can only fire if the trigger is pulled. Otherwise , the firing pin sits down and doesn't come into contact with the hammer until the trigger is pulled. Or you can carry with the decocker on.

If that recoil spring is 6" long, it will work. I put the 15# recoil in. And yes, you can carry these guns with one in the chamber , hammer down. They have a 'passive' firing pin they can only fire if the trigger is pulled. Otherwise , the firing pin sits down and doesn't come into contact with the hammer until the trigger is pulled. Or you can carry with the decocker on.

I went to the 15# spring also since it's an IMEZ .380 makes it easier to rack since I have hand grip problems and 9mm too much recoil.

Painted the front sight orange, put a piece of paracord on the mag release pull and mag drops free.

I like a heavier pistol that I can get a good grip on.

Pocket pistols are cool but don't work if you can't manipulate trigger safeties ie Glock etc.

Carry it w/decocker on round in chamber

Never had a round not go bang or eject

The one I have is 13 lbs and 5 inches long. Maybe I should just put it on.

The one I have is 13 lbs and 5 inches long. Maybe I should just put it on.

17# is standard from factory. To have less recoil need 19 or 21# for 9x18. 15 works well for .380.

Archived