CCLRB

Ken911

There seems to be quite a few people getting there licenses. Are they only approving applicants that do not get any objections.? I was put under board review a lonnng time ago. They requested 30 more days after 90 days. I even sent prints. I have not received another letter after that additional 30 days ended. If a citizen was caught breaking the law they would not have mercy. They rarely do. The smallest thing, and LEO will objects. It shouldn't take this long to get the people they need. I will yet wait a little longer. Only a little though, then I must take some kind of action. They cannot continue to break the law. I think its all excuses to keep certain people from practicing their rights. If you fall under all the guidelines, your license should be granted to you, simple. But this does not seem to be the case.

There seems to be quite a few people getting there licenses. Are they only approving applicants that do not get any objections.? I was put under board review a lonnng time ago. They requested 30 more days after 90 days. I even sent prints. I have not received another letter after that additional 30 days ended. If a citizen was caught breaking the law they would not have mercy. They rarely do. The smallest thing, and LEO will objects. It shouldn't take this long to get the people they need. I will yet wait a little longer. Only a little though, then I must take some kind of action. They cannot continue to break the law. I think its all excuses to keep certain people from practicing their rights. If you fall under all the guidelines, your license should be granted to you, simple. But this does not seem to be the case.

While I can appreciate your frustration. I cant imagine being caught in this situation. But you have to understand that appointing people to a position is not as easy as most would think. First you have to find people willing to do it that right there is a challenge. Once you find people that are willing they have to qualified under the law. here is an excerpt from the law describing who must make up the board:

(1) one commissioner with at least 5 years of service

as a federal judge;

(2) 2 commissioners with at least 5 years of experience

serving as an attorney with the United States Department of

Justice;

(3) 3 commissioners with at least 5 years of experience

as a federal agent or employee with investigative

experience or duties related to criminal justice under the

United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement

Administration, Department of Homeland Security, or

Federal Bureau of Investigation; and

(4) one member with at least 5 years of experience as a

licensed physician or clinical psychologist with expertise

in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.

Now imagine finding people with:

1. those qualifications

2. are willing to do it

3. can make it past the confirmation process

to be honest, knowing how fast government can work, I am surprised it only took 5 months.

Remember, this is not a conspiracy against you and while it sucks this is life and things happen.

Everyone is doing everything they can.

Not really. If they can't meet their statutory time limit they should have to default approve and issue the license.

Actually, from what I understand in cases where Constitutional rights are concerned, delay beyond the statutory time limit for such a matter in a jurisdiction could be considered an irreparable harm.

“Violation of constitutional rights constitutes irreparable injury as a matter of law.” Springtree Apartments, ALPIC v. Livingston Parish Council, 207 F. Supp. 2d 507, 515 (M.D. La. 2001).

"When an alleged constitutional right is involved, most courts hold that no further showing of irreparable injury is necessary.”. 11A Charles Alan Wright, Arthur R. Miller & Mary Kay Kane, Federal Practice and Procedure § 2948.1 (2d Ed. 1995)

"We have already determined that the constitutional right of privacy is either threatened or is in fact being impaired and this conclusion mandates a finding of irreparable injury.” Deerfield Medical Ctr. v. City of Deerfield Beach, 661 F.2d. 328 (5th Cir. 1981)—So, if the right to keep and bear arms is threatened or impaired, that's also an irreparable injury, being that Constitutional rights are equal.

"The loss of First Amendment freedoms, even for minimal periods of time, unquestionably constitutes irreparable injury.” Elrod v. Burns, 427 U.S. 347, 373 (1976)—So, why would the loss of Second Amendment freedoms, even for minimal periods of time, be any different?

Therefore, might I calmly suggest . . .

Lawyer! Lawyer! Lawyer! Lawyer! LAWYER! LAWYER! LAWYER! LAWYER! LAWYER!

I agree, this is life, and things do happen. This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA with all the education in this country and crime, finding those few people to do a Job that you or I capable of doing, should be a peace of pie,,,. Let me spell it out for you, it seems that you don't understand my frustration, and thank you, I appreciate you appreciating my frustration, but understand. The law is the law, no one is above it. This country is built on laws and statutes and Judgments. Hmm. I hope you get the picture. I will be patient though. Crap does happen. I hope they take action soon, patience is indeed a virtue.

I agree, this is life, and things do happen. This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA with all the education in this country and crime, finding those few people to do a Job that you or I capable of doing, should be a peace of pie,,,. Let me spell it out for you, it seems that you don't understand my frustration, and thank you, I appreciate you appreciating my frustration, but understand. The law is the law, no one is above it. This country is built on laws and statutes and Judgments. Hmm. I hope you get the picture. I will be patient though. Crap does happen. I hope they take action soon, patience is indeed a virtue.

You or I are capable of??? I'm not sure about that. I know I dont know the law or court proceedings for all the states to be able to interpret complaints, charges, and convictions. (remember, an Illinois resident in this position may have something that was another state that triggers the CCLRB) I dont think I could do the job, and further more (the one part that you are overlooking) I would not want to. I am sure that the majority of the people that hold the qualifications to be on this board have much better more lucrative things to do than involve themselves with this mess. I just see them (the state) being turned down time after time.

Im not saying your feelings are wrong. I am not saying that they are right. What I have a hard time with is when people say that X,Y, or Z should be easy when they have never been in that boat.

back when the board was running how many cases did they work through in a hour? I'm thinking 5 would be a lot. poor folks in the 'queue' going to be a long wait ...

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten one letter Feb 24th informing me my application went under board review and they need 30 more days. I have heard nothing since then. I'm now over 120 days with prints. That was sure a waste of 60 bucks, somehow the states negligence to follow their own statues seems to cost me senseless cash...

Unfortunately, there was no board to review the law enforcement objection to your application until just this last week. The new board received their orientation and training this past week and are already hard at work on the backlog of reviews.

Unfortunately, there was no board to review the law enforcement objection to your application until just this last week. The new board received their orientation and training this past week and are already hard at work on the backlog of reviews.

Since we have a review board now is there a time frame for the backlog. Will they start with the cases that were remanded back to first. I'm sure they had backlog before then. I know it will take some time just would like will it be a month or two or will we be waiting to next year.

A little common sense would have kept the previous board intact until the new board was appointed, trained and ready to work.

I'm generally of the viewpoint that the state isn't really out to get us like many believe, but things like this really make a person wonder sometimes.

Whether willful infringement or a complete lack of foresight and planning... either case is a problem.

The court ordered remands will be reviewed first. I'm sure we're looking a months not years to catch up. The new chief legal counsel for the board takes the backlog very serious and She's a hard worker!

Any chance I might have my permit in hand by this summer? Chicago is turning violent and it's not summer yet. Currently under board review.

Lol, they weren't planning on all those old board members jumping ship and the definitely weren't planning on a new governor getting elected and replacing all the rest.

This delay is not good, but when we get through it we will be sitting in a much better place than we could have ever hoped!

That just seems pretty silly they weren't "planning" for a new governor. Isn't that what happens after elections, potentially new governor? If this state were a business it would have shut its doors already due to the lack of competence and morals in our administration.

(1) one commissioner with at least 5 years of service

as a federal judge;

(2) 2 commissioners with at least 5 years of experience

serving as an attorney with the United States Department of

Justice;

(3) 3 commissioners with at least 5 years of experience

as a federal agent or employee with investigative

experience or duties related to criminal justice under the

United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement

Administration, Department of Homeland Security, or

Federal Bureau of Investigation; and

(4) one member with at least 5 years of experience as a

licensed physician or clinical psychologist with expertise

in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.

(1) Except for retirees who are bored, who would give up a lifetime job for a contract job? Why are state judges not qualified?

(2) and (3) Eric Holder's cronies. And what about the state of Illinois state's attorney's office? What, Lisa's cronies don't get a crack at the job?

Archived