Call to Action 4/22/2018 - Witness Slips & Phone Calls Needed!

mauserme

One Gun Per Month Still On The Horizon!

Witness Slips Needed!

On 4/16/2018 we asked your help opposing Amendment 1 on HB1470. The amended bill proposes to prohibit transferring more than one handgun per month and establishes penalties for possession if you intend to transfer. Thanks to your efforts the bill was postponed in that hearing, but is again rearing its ugly head. It's now scheduled in committee for a 4/25/2018 hearing.

Please express your continuing disapproval of this bill and amendment by filing witness slips opposing it NOW!

Do note that his alert duplicates a call for witness slips mentioned in our 4/20/2018 Illinois General Assembly topic. Please file only one witness slip.

Amendment 2 has also been filed, making more unacceptable changes to the original language. It is not currently possible to file against this amendment. We ask that you remain ready to oppose it, too, when the time for opposition arrives.

Continue to make phone calls and personal visits to your legislators' offices.

Remind your House Representatives of your opposition to
SB2561 Prepackage Explosive Component, a Tannerite ban .

Remind your State Senators that you oppose SB2314 Assault Weapons – Municipality and any form of bump stock ban, especially SB2243 Ban Stock/Trigger Crank.

Remind all of your legislators to VOTE NO on the SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing veto override.

Contact information for your legislators can be found here.

File Witness Slips Now!

Detailed Witness Slip Instructions

Remember to log in to your account first, if you have one!

In order to avoid completing each field manually, at the top right Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account making sure to avoid any leading or trailing spaces in any of the data fields. Then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip.

OPPOSE

HB1470 HFA1 – One Gun Per Month

OPPONENT

Click Here to Oppose this Bill

One gun per month and penalties for possession with intent to transfer.

HB1470 HFA1 – One Gun Per Month

Track the Slips!

Witness Slip Instructions

In order to avoid completing each field manually, at the top right Log on to your ILGA Dashboard, or Create a New Account making sure to avoid any leading or trailing spaces in any of the data fields. Then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip. If you do not wish to create an account, simply click on each witness slip link and complete the required fields manually:

I, IDENTIFICATION: Enter your personal information. Enter "NA" for the Firm/Business or Agency and Title fields unless you are officially representing an organization.

II. REPRESENTATION: Enter "Myself" unless representing an organization.

III. POSITION: Unless instructed otherwise for a particular bill leave the description field at its default value "Original Bill". Indicate your position by selecting the "Proponent" or "Opponent" radio button.

IV. TESTIMONY: Select the "Record of Appearance Only" radio button.

If filing manually, complete the Captcha challenge and agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.

Then click Create Slip.

Done would have been sooner. I was out on the motorcycle all day

I was out on mine all day too. Oh wait, I don't have one. LOL Saw a bunch of folks on some really cool bikes in our travels today. What a gorgeous day for taking a ride a motorized cycle. Oops, sorry for the Threadjack, I was done on this one early, phone calls and emails as well as slips.

I also sent emails about 1470 stating that yes, Straw purchases are a problem, but that this bill is not a solution. I also asked why we keep writing bills that are like using a steamroller to break one egg, and again has such vague language (pointed out the need for clairvoyants on this one to determine possess with the intent to). I added to stop impacting law abiding citizens, and instead actually arrest, prosecute and incarcerate fully those already committing crimes with guns. Enforce the laws we do have, instead of making more and more new laws to be ignored by criminals.. .

Archived