My license was in my mail today!

Applied 9/27/18 no prints

Qc verified 10/15/18

Active 12/31/18 anyone know how long till hits mail box with holiday mine came on the 1/3/19 but wife's has not

I went active on 12/31/18 as well. Still waiting...

You'll be getting it any day now. It probably didn't get out in the mail until late last week because of the holiday. Congrats!

Talked to ISP said they were mailed out on the 2ed

If true, gives snail mail new meaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, this is getting a little ridiculous. I live an hour away from Springfield. I halfway think that Illinois is outsourcing the cards to a federally contracted company and the shutdown is causing the delay.

I would give them 60 days before getting concerned.

60 days after you apply or 60 days from being active? My wife went active on 1/1/2019 and we're still waiting for her card like a lot of others I see posting. I assumed that by the 21 day mark she should be on the phone with them inquiring where it is. If they take forever for the cards to print then they should offer some kind of temporary thing you can print out from your account and carry with you until it arrives. Even the DMV gives you a temporary licence until the new one arrives in the mail, same with our insurance company.

60 days after you apply or 60 days from being active? My wife went active on 1/1/2019 and we're still waiting for her card like a lot of others I see posting. I assumed that by the 21 day mark she should be on the phone with them inquiring where it is. If they take forever for the cards to print then they should offer some kind of temporary thing you can print out from your account and carry with you until it arrives. Even the DMV gives you a temporary licence until the new one arrives in the mail, same with our insurance company.

Why worry about it when your old license remains valid till you get the new card as long as you have renewed before the old one expires?

Why worry about it when your old license remains valid till you get the new card as long as you have renewed before the old one expires?

This isn't about renewals -- it's about getting your CCL the first time around. Some of us have been active for over two weeks but still have not received the card. Obviously, we can't carry without it.

I mentioned it in the other thread but I have a 12/31/2018 active date too and still no card. I called yesterday and was told they're aware of the delay and it's a printing issue.

I understood they guy to say the 12/31 batch is at an outside printer but some posters here say they print in-house. He may have meant it was at the in-house printer. Either way, I was on phone hold for 35 minutes and he seemed to know exactly what I was going to ask so we're probably far from the only ones waiting.

He said by the end of the month. I'm hoping for earlier than that. Signed up for USPS informed delivery past week.

Last I recall reading they only had a single printer. Use it for both FOID and CCL. So coordinating the batches, getting them out and sorted for the USPS....and hoping the printer doesnt break, need a part, etc. ( yeah, doesnt seem super efficient)

With how they seem to try to slowly erode the 2A, I think they planned it to be a cluster F for efficiency