Three Cook County Sheriffs deputies showed up at my door last week and left a notice that my FOID is REVOKED and I need to surrender it. They came in an unmarked SUV with regular IL plates. I called IL State Police and they said my FOID and CCL are both valid. I tried calling the Cook County Sheriffs office but nobody can give me an answer why and who sent them at my house. Since then nobody tried to call me, nobody came to my house to look for me or leave another notice or letter. Its been a week so far. I reported this to my local PD. Maybe someone from State Police will read this and maybe can get me some answers. I called the Sherifs office again but they said if my FOID is valid that "I should not worry about this so much".
I still don't have answers to some questions:
- Why Cook County Sherif's is trying to illegally confiscate my FOID? with a "fake" letter.
- FOID issue and revocation is State Police matter, not Cook County. I dont even live in Cook County
- I know that if a FOID is revoked, State Police is the one that sends the letters and nobody else.
- The number on the notice is impossible to reach. Does not even ring, Goes straight to voicemail.
- If they needed some information about a case or maybe a Ffirearms transfer, why nobody has tried to reach me since?
- The investigator on the notice does work in Cook County Sheriffs dept, but they have no idea what hes working on. They never tried to get me in touch with him. They did not even asked for my number.
Has anyone heard a similar crazy story like this? Please let me know what you think. I am attaching the notice so you can see it for yourselves.
Edited by jolebole, 08 January 2018 - 12:52 AM.