Denied ?!

gpsgreek

I wonder why they are waiting the full 90 days to send the letter? Seems kind of strange that they have not waited the whole 90 days to approve people so far, but for those of us denied they will. I still have a month to go before I hit the 90 day mark and the next 30 days are going to drive me crazy not know why I was denied and not being able to do anything about it yet.

I agree since I am in the same boat as you. I think I posted to you on another thread to call a lawyer and get him started by telling him everything you have done in your past as LE is holding everything accountable but you will have an opportunity to appeal this.

Were you Under Board Review and then denied? If so your probably going to have to fight this out in circuit courts. Read through all of the posts and threads and see that you are not alone and if you have any real questions contact the ISRA and NRA if you are a member. In most cases when there is items from several (20+) years ago they will go to bat for you depending on what these items were.

I have a lawyer on call and we are both waiting for this letter.

Good Luck

Yes, I went from under board review to denied. It was exactly 30 days that I was under board review and then was denied. Funny thing is I have absolutely nothing in my past that they can object to so I'm totally baffled.

I'll have to find a good lawyer too. The thing that really stinks is now it is going to cost me even more for as I will have to get an attorney. Any tips on good lawyers that specialize in this kind of thing.

If you meet the requirements of the law ISP must issue you an license unless an objection was made. Either way you can appeal. A denial is a violation of your 2nd & 14th Amendment rights. So ad I said as long as you meet the requirements of the law and they still deny you. You will win an appeal in the courts.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The law specifically allows for denial based on some pretty vague criteria, so they are not in violation of the law by denying someone. The courts will end up sorting out just what criteria is OK and what is not OK to sustain a denial.

ok so i couldnt hold on anymore so i went ahead and called ISP to get more info on my denied status , i spoke with a nice lady by the name of lisa. I asked about the status on my application and she looked at her end and she said tha there was an objection to my application that it was under board review so i let her talk before i actually told her it says denied on the website, so when she was done i told her that online it says denied but no info on why. She said that its an error of some sort because on her end its still under board review , and i asked about information on denial letter and she also said they would be mailing out by early next week and that if i get a denial letter i got 30 days after mail arrives to appeal. I also asked who objected to ny application and she says she dont have that information that whom ever objected just pressed the objection button and mailed info if any to the board. So i still have high hopes.. hopefully it was something my lawyer could fix without waisting alot of mulahh..

ok so i couldnt hold on anymore so i went ahead and called ISP to get more info on my denied status , i spoke with a nice lady by the name of lisa. I asked about the status on my application and she looked at her end and she said tha there was an objection to my application that it was under board review so i let her talk before i actually told her it says denied on the website, so when she was done i told her that online it says denied but no info on why. She said that its an error of some sort because on her end its still under board review , and i asked about information on denial letter and she also said they would be mailing out by early next week and that if i get a denial letter i got 30 days after mail arrives to appeal. I also asked who objected to ny application and she says she dont have that information that whom ever objected just pressed the objection button and mailed info if any to the board. So i still have high hopes.. hopefully it was something my lawyer could fix without waisting alot of mulahh..

Thank you for that info, I have talked to quite a few people and it seems that many that have been denied have a brief reason to why.

Mine says denied but no description. Just the other day in my status screen, they added my application number to the screen before you click the view my application. We shall see

Wow, that really good to know. So it is possible that the movement to denied was just an error on the web page. What is the number you called at the ISP? I may give them a call as well to see what is going on as I was placed in denied status for no apparent reason.

Thank you for that info, I have talked to quite a few people and it seems that many that have been denied have a brief reason to why.

Mine says denied but no description. Just the other day in my status screen, they added my application number to the screen before you click the view my application. We shall see

I just noticed that i just got the application number put in on the lower right corner . that wasnt there 2 days ago. but still no info on why, all they got was an objection but no reason. so makes me wonder if the denied went on because they due date for accepting or denied pas

Wow, that really good to know. So it is possible that the movement to denied was just an error on the web page. What is the number you called at the ISP? I may give them a call as well to see what is going on as I was placed in denied status for no apparent reason.

217-782-7980. press 0 and they would direct your call.

217-782-7980. press 0 and they would direct your call.

For those who are wondering when did i apply. i did apply on jan 5 2014 @ exacly 15 minutes after midnight so exacly 15 minutes after it all started for applicants that werent instructors. now i do know that my instructor got denied because of past report of domestic altercation with xwife that got dismised and never went to court. now i wonder if he got denied before jan 5 2014 was his instructor license revoked or not valid and thats why i got denied? theres alot of thing going tru my mind because i dont see any reason on why i got enied.

I called number, hit 0, explained why I was calling to woman that answered and was told "no one can look at your app. They have 90 days. "

:-/

you shouldve asked for status on app. If you call and tell them your calling because you got denied they are instructed to tell you wait 90 days.Ppl just act dumb and tell themu will like to find out the status on your app." sometime you just goota act like you dont know to get the truth out" so if you have to lie to get to the truth then thats what you have to do ;)

At the risk of stating the obvious.........

A friend down state was under board review and could not come up with a reason for this designation. I asked him if he had contacted his local LEO, and inquired about any Police Reports that may be filed concerning him. He came to find out that indeed a police report had been filed two years ago, concerning him, the dispute was with a gun shop owner and some mean things were said by both parties. My friend has never returned to the gun shop in question and was never contacted by anyone regarding this police report incident. In his particular area the local police have given the job of researching all FCCL applicants to the new clerk that they have, with instruction to once a day review the ISP web site. For each local FCCL applicant, review the available databases and police reports and if the name occurs and it involves a firearm or could involve a firearm, she is to file an objection and attach the documentation. This moves the responsibility for a bad approval to the state level.

The ISP rules and regs say:

If an application is rejected as incomplete, the applicant has 60 day to remedy the deficiencies.

An applicant requesting relief from the Department for a denial or revocation (and presumably a suspension) "shall provide written notice to the Department within 60 days after receipt of the notice. .."

Appeals of the CCLRD go to the Circuit Court and no time limits are addressed in the Rules that I can find.

I've been reading alot about Cook county and sheriff Dart...seems that many of the denials are coming from there...I am in Winnebago county, Rockford to be specific....is there anyone out there also in Winnebago county ? has anyone heard any stories of denials from this area ? I was also wondering which LE agency the application goes to, be it county, city or both...

Molly, the time limit for filing from a denial by the CCLRD arises under the Administrative Review Act, 735 I.L.C.S. §5/3-101. Specifically:

(735 ILCS 5/3‑103) (from Ch. 110, par. 3‑103)

Sec. 3‑103. Commencement of action. Every action to review a final administrative decision shall be commenced by the filing of a complaint and the issuance of summons within 35 days from the date that a copy of the decision sought to be reviewed was served upon the party affected by the decision

The timeline is a jurisdictional requirement, the failure to file a complaint and have summons issued within 35 days means you are stuck with the administrative decision.

Molly, the time limit for filing from a denial by the CCLRD arises under the Administrative Review Act, 735 I.L.C.S. §5/3-101. Specifically:

(735 ILCS 5/3‑103) (from Ch. 110, par. 3‑103)

Sec. 3‑103. Commencement of action. Every action to review a final administrative decision shall be commenced by the filing of a complaint and the issuance of summons within 35 days from the date that a copy of the decision sought to be reviewed was served upon the party affected by the decision

The timeline is a jurisdictional requirement, the failure to file a complaint and have summons issued within 35 days means you are stuck with the administrative decision.

I think that applies to disciplinary reviews of firefighters and police..EDIT..Yeah, I'm thinking this comment I made as wrong.

I have a question for the leaders. Is nra, isra, illinois carry going to cover litigation fees for these innocent victims and then sue the crap out of the isp for the damage they caused? You damn well better because somebody needs to pay for this and i want it to hurt

There will be a valid test case. It just takes time to properly vet a plaintiff because they don't want any surprises in court. This type of litigation costs A LOT of money. Shepard's attorney, Charles Cooper, bills out at over $1000/hour. Moore's attorneys' fees and expenses totaled just over $223,000 and that's for a case that was never even tried at the district level.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Archived