Ammo Shortage and Alert Thread

tom28

.22LR at Gander Mt. in O'Fallon, IL

Dropped in yesterday looking for .357 brass & bullets for reloading - NADA.

Did find Federal bulk 36 gr. HPs for only $24.99/525 rds.! This makes it only $0.0476 per rd. which is the lowest price I've seen in a LONG time.

When this store first opened in late May, they had Winchester bulk 36 gr. HPs for $34.99/555 ($0.063). The Walmart in O'Fallon has only had .22LR ONCE (that I know of) since the fall of 2012.

Gander may be higher priced but at least they HAVE some at a fairly reasonable price.

dang, I need to start going there more often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I got a full brick of stingers from my local Walmart today. The limit notification was no longer longer posted. The employee that started checking me out could not get the brick bar code to ring out. So the manager showed up and was not happy that I was getting the whole brick. But I pointed out the sign was not up and he let me have them. Lol

I got a full brick of stingers from my local Walmart today. The limit notification was no longer longer posted. The employee that started checking me out could not get the brick bar code to ring out. So the manager showed up and was not happy that I was getting the whole brick. But I pointed out the sign was not up and he let me have them. Lol

If you don't mind saying , what did you have to pay for them?

If you don't mind saying , what did you have to pay for them?

68 something out the door.

On may way to the range today I stopped at wally world in in streamwood to pick up another mag pouch(and bonus multitool) for $3.87

I mention that lil deal here:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59737&hl=

So..of course I eyeball the ammo cabinet...

And what do I see at 11am on a sunday?

10 boxes of Federal automatch! 325 round boxes. 18 bux each.

A guy ahead of me bought 3.. I bought 3..and we left a few behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Palatine walmart has a bunch of 40gr cci on the shelf. Picked up 3 yesterday and stopped by tonight for giggles on my way home...picked up 3 more. Guy said limit 3 is over, but at almost $10 a box I think I have enough for now. I will be keeping an eye out for the 525rd box. Every time I go in there the guy tells me they just had a bunch on the shelf.

Wheeling store has cci shorts on the shelf for 3 days now.

• 7 months later...

I was in a local Walmart the other day and glanced at the ammo case. It was nearly empty, not even any 9mm. I can't remember ever seeing so little.

If you want to see worse, come to the Vernon Hills store, none on the shelf, ever, because they don't sell any type of ammo. The Dick's store down the block does, so it's not a village issue.

hope this is the right thread to post it in. Any truth to this just in case i just ordered a bunch!!!!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/30/breaking-latest-atf-move-cause-ammunition-price-spike-due-component-reclassification/

It won't effect anything. They're not changing the requirements to transport it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hope this is the right thread to post it in. Any truth to this just in case i just ordered a bunch!!!!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/30/breaking-latest-atf-move-cause-ammunition-price-spike-due-component-reclassification/

It won't effect anything. They're not changing the requirements to transport it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

well that's good, but it was a good excuse to tell the wife i needed to order more before prices go up. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are the going prices for .22 lr nowadays?

I'm looking to buy a fair amount and the cheapest I can find is $0.07 / round shipped for 40 grain Agulia.

The going price is the price in which they are readily available, hence it is $0.07 per round.

That 40 grain high velocity Aguila is top quality ammo by the way, on par with mini-mags.

Archived