Can you get a paper/snail mail version of the foid renewal?

jim123

Something is not working on their end right now, in my opinion. Two of us were able to get through our CCL applications to the page to upload the certificate and it kept rejecting-- "failed to upload" flashed in red.

To save helpful speculation, our files are way under limit size, proper file extensions (pdf, jpg, png--we tried them all in fact), using laptops--the same ones we used successfully for our FOIDs, and we tried three different browsers just in case, though Chrome worked on the site for our FOID applications. Computers are updated, restarted, etc. All troubleshooting done on our end. If it goes on again on Monday, will see if Molly, has any ideas. I haven't seen anyone else post about this yet though.

Any other ideas? Something I am missing? Think we need to start over with a new user name??

Did you try completing the application without uploading the certificate?

We did not-we assumed we would be rejected if we did not upload our certificates or pictures. I would like to learn more about why you asked that because I know you are very knowledgeable about all of this. Other people from our Saturday class are emailing us telling us they are also having the same problem.

We did try proceeding past the certificate to the picture upload and that triggered an error message as well, so we did not attempt to go past that point. For what it's worth: we did enter our fingerprint IDs. We are first time CCLs, not renewals. We have FOID cards, did not do any name or address changes etc.

Thanks for responding Molly, and we will await your reply!

Something is not working on their end right now, in my opinion. Two of us were able to get through our CCL applications to the page to upload the certificate and it kept rejecting-- "failed to upload" flashed in red.

To save helpful speculation, our files are way under limit size, proper file extensions (pdf, jpg, png--we tried them all in fact), using laptops--the same ones we used successfully for our FOIDs, and we tried three different browsers just in case, though Chrome worked on the site for our FOID applications. Computers are updated, restarted, etc. All troubleshooting done on our end. If it goes on again on Monday, will see if Molly, has any ideas. I haven't seen anyone else post about this yet though.

Any other ideas? Something I am missing? Think we need to start over with a new user name??

Did you try completing the application without uploading the certificate?

Reporting that the system seems to be working as of noon today. Kicked me out in the middle of yet another attempt to apply, but I took that as a good sign--a reboot probably. When I tried the next time, it all worked beautifully. I think it just stalled over the weekend when no one was in to fix it. YAY!

I tried again to re-register I can get to step 2 enter my name, date of birth, user name, I get a message that user name already exists, password validation has failed,(this is after it tells me it is a valid password) the lower section captha is not correct (it just has a box to check ) Not working for me

Bob, I still suspect a simple mistake or even a computer that may be saving a password. Go to a friend and use their computer, let them enter the info starting with registering new user name and emrail address. Let your friend enter or at least double check every step.

Thanks for your help I registered again new user name password and email just added XX to my regular email address to make a new email address. Everything worked and I finished the renewal process.

Bob, I still suspect a simple mistake or even a computer that may be saving a password. Go to a friend and use their computer, let them enter the info starting with registering new user name and emrail address. Let your friend enter or at least double check every step.

Thanks for your help I registered again new user name password and email just added XX to my regular email address to make a new email address. Everything worked and I finished the renewal process.

GREAT and you still have your original email address, correct?

GREAT and you still have your original email address, correct?

Yes I do.

Archived