Rep. Steve Reick Files Bill to Streamline Renewal Date Procedure for Concealed Carry Permits in Illinois

Lou

http://www.repstevenreick.com/2019/01/rep-steve-reick-files-bill-to.html?fbclid=IwAR2uTUsnNG7eHk2YI9HswmVMlfNFgAOPhvh15jy8Fi1pscmVG27jPqqaqqY

State Representative Steve Reick (R-Woodstock) filed legislation today that would ensure that concealed carry permit holders are not being shortchanged on the length of time their cards are valid.

HB 364, amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act to align concealed carry renewals with the dates of expiration of previous cards rather than five years from the date the renewal application is processed.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=364&GAID=15&GA=101&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=114564&SessionID=108

What??? Someone in the Illinois legislature with brains?

My card expires Feb 28. I completed my renewal training on December 13. All my info, certificate, photo are loaded in the system. Just waiting to pay and I’m not doing that until early February due to their stupidity.

http://www.repstevenreick.com/2019/01/rep-steve-reick-files-bill-to.html?fbclid=IwAR2uTUsnNG7eHk2YI9HswmVMlfNFgAOPhvh15jy8Fi1pscmVG27jPqqaqqY

State Representative Steve Reick (R-Woodstock) filed legislation today that would ensure that concealed carry permit holders are not being shortchanged on the length of time their cards are valid.HB 364, amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act to align concealed carry renewals with the dates of expiration of previous cards rather than five years from the date the renewal application is processed.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=364&GAID=15&GA=101&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=114564&SessionID=108

Contacted my Rep to cosponsor .

I can’t wait to hear what Madigan & Company’s objections will be to this bill.

As we’ve seen in the past anyone can file a bill to do almost anything.

The first stop for any bill is the Rules Committee which is chaired by Speaker Madigan.

It is also where bills go to die because it will go no further until and unless Madigan assigns it to a committee.

In any event, it is a much needed bill and we should do whatever we can to advance it.

Has anyone filed a lawsuit? Why is this renewal different than a driver’s license? When I renew that, the expiration month and day remains the same, with the new year added to it.

As a group, we should not be renewing early. We can legally carry after the expiration date, if fully qualified and renewal submitted prior to expiration. This will backlog the ISP. And if we do that, do we get extra free time, if they don’t approve right away and issue your new license after the current expiration date? My guess is that they will go back to expiration date and add 5 years from that date. So, they’ll screw you out of time, but you can’t game their system and gain extra time.

As I wrote above, my renewal application and uploads are all loaded and ready to go. I just need to pay. Waiting to get closer to Feb 28 when my card expires.

Has anyone filed a lawsuit? Why is this renewal different than a driver’s license? When I renew that, the expiration month and day remains the same, with the new year added to it.

As a group, we should not be renewing early. We can legally carry after the expiration date, if fully qualified and renewal submitted prior to expiration. This will backlog the ISP. And if we do that, do we get extra free time, if they don’t approve right away and issue your new license after the current expiration date? My guess is that they will go back to expiration date and add 5 years from that date. So, they’ll screw you out of time, but you can’t game their system and gain extra time.

As I wrote above, my renewal application and uploads are all loaded and ready to go. I just need to pay. Waiting to get closer to Feb 28 when my card expires.

well said. Mine expires March 22. I plan to use the time I paid in to be able to excercise a right to its fullest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a better chance of IL allowing suppressors

The only way to fix CCL holder from getting short changed is a Lawsuit...

IMO it's a breach of contract I paid for 5 years at inflated rate, renew for another 5 years following all requirements as prescribed by the State and I only get 4 years 10 months.

How is that OK

The FOID shouldn't even exist, even more so as CCL holder, IMO just a way for the state to infringe on our right's and dip their crooked hands our wallet's.

Where is NRA or IL State Rifle Association?

How come no action?

I took the renewal class this past Sunday. My current card does not expire until Feb. 28. I plan to sit on my renewal until Feb. 14th then submit it. It will be my Valentine's Day gift to myself.

King madigan will never let it out of rules.

I disagree. They pass this, miss out on a few dollars, then stand proud proclaiming how they passed a bipartisan pro-gun bill, in support of the 2nd Amendment in Illinois, but without actually having to give us something more substantial.

Exactly this is an easy win win for everyone without changing a thing. We were getting screwed and we will continue to get screwed.

I tried to contact my far left state rep. to ask her to cosponsor it. She doesn’t even have an email address listed other than the one for her campaign to primary Durbin. She is so far left she has a hard time standing up straight and she “represents” once solidly red DuPage County. <sigh>.

Archived