Photo

Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

• Please log in to reply
7237 replies to this topic

#7141 Patriots & Tyrants

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,542 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:46 AM

I've never purchased dog food at Walmart, but I have purchased cat food, but not because I have a cat, I purchased salmon-flavored Friskees cat food at Walmart to bait a trap for a raccoon.  And I can tell you that Walmart Friskees salmon-flavored cat food worked great.   Within 30 minutes of baiting the trap I had the raccoon trapped.

Thank you Walmart !

We have a HUGE coon living under the porch at my families WI place. Im gonna give that a shot; so far no bait I have tried worked. Maybe this will do the trick!

As a side note to my fellow cat owners, that Friskee's salmon stuff STINKS to high heaven but the worse it stinks the more the cats seem to love it.

#7142 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,388 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

You have to secure the trap to the ground and you have to secure the can of cat food in the trap.  Otherwise the raccoon will tip the trap to slide the can over to the side of the trap, then reach in, grab the food in little handfuls and pull it through the grate to eat it. 

They are super smart.

“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#7143 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 13,388 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:07 AM

Body Found in Walmart Parking Lot in Lockport

“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#7144 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,687 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

Body Found in Walmart Parking Lot in Lockport

They really sell everything there, don't they.

#7145 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 13,388 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:38 PM

They do but if you're in the market for an 8 year old I think you're better off using Amazon.

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#7146 junglebob

• 6,115 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:24 PM

You have to secure the trap to the ground and you have to secure the can of cat food in the trap.  Otherwise the raccoon will tip the trap to slide the can over to the side of the trap, then reach in, grab the food in little handfuls and pull it through the grate to eat it. 

They are super smart.

They are super smart.

They are super smart.

You might try a banana as coon bait, you are less likely to catch a cat in the trap.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#7147 junglebob

• 6,115 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:04 PM

A Walmart customer wanti to buy ammo takes matters into his own hands. You know the feeling when you need something from the ammo case and no one is there to help you. This customer grabbed the intercom in a Walmart and made viral history. http://www.wideopens...-own-hands/amp/

I wish I'd thought of that when no one is in sporting goods. I got some ammo today at the local Walmart a box of 9mm Federal FMJ, box of 100 for $16.97. There was a Walmart employee there but he had to go get the key for the ammo case. At least he had no problem taking my CCL instead of my FOID.

Edited by junglebob, 11 October 2018 - 07:08 PM.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#7148 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 13,388 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

Dead bodies found at Walmart stores a nationwide phenomenon

That his father died alone in a Walmart parking lot and chose an isolated lifestyle doesn’t escape Charles Unger’s thoughts.

Yogananda once reasoned, “Take life as it comes and death as it comes.”

Charles Unger, instead, points out that his father saw lessons in such moments, even when they happened at Walmart.

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#7149 kwc

• 3,417 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

Several posters in other threads have mentioned this one. Let's bump it back up to the top so it doesn't get lost.
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

#7150 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:19 AM

I'm going to Walmart today -- and I'm carring.

#7151 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,994 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:41 PM

Carjackers apparently choose Walmart for their ammo needs.

Unfortunately for this guy, so do concealed carriers.

https://blog.k-var.c...mmo-at-walmart/

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 29 October 2018 - 10:44 PM.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#7152 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

Thankfully those two patrons were there doing their wally walk!

Edited by BShawn, 08 November 2018 - 03:07 PM.

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7153 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,680 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=dsq_jZiB1_U

Cowboy lassos bike thief in Walmart parking lot

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7154 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,680 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

Walmarts are dangerous places!

Two Talladega police officers were wounded, and a man and woman were killed, in a gunfight in front of Walmart.

Talladega, AL – Two police officers were wounded, and a man and a woman were killed, during a gun battle outside the Talladega Walmart early Wednesday morning.

The incident began at about 4:30 a.m. on Nov. 21 when the Talladega Police Department received a 911 call for help with a possible kidnapping that had just occurred at the Chevron station across the street from the Walmart on Haynes Road, according to AL.com.

When officers arrived on the scene, they quickly located the suspect vehicle and its driver, the man who was considered to be the suspect in the kidnapping.

https://defensemaven...pJspp0VYxcyZ3-0

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7155 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,680 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:00 PM

A gunman fatally shot a woman in the Ocala Walmart on Saturday.

Ocala, FL - A gunman fatally shot a woman in the Ocala Walmart Saturday afternoon and was able to avoid capture.

Authorities initially received a report of an active shooter in the Walmart at around 2:30 p.m.

The gunman was gone by the time they arrived, but a female was found fatally shot on scene, according to the police department.

https://defensemaven...EECezAbhP6T4Lw/

#7156 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:01 PM

A gunman fatally shot a woman in the Ocala Walmart on Saturday.
Ocala, FL - A gunman fatally shot a woman in the Ocala Walmart Saturday afternoon and was able to avoid capture.
Authorities initially received a report of an active shooter in the Walmart at around 2:30 p.m.
The gunman was gone by the time they arrived, but a female was found fatally shot on scene, according to the police department.
https://defensemaven...EECezAbhP6T4Lw/

Wow...we just drove past Ocala about 45 minutes ago.
And for the record, my daughter and I were both carrying.

#7157 capnbill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

I almost thought the Walmart thread was gone.

Man accidentally shoots self in groin inside Buckeye Walmart

https://www.azcentra...TLQThOuVONu7UE4

Nathan J. Fish, Arizona RepublicPublished 4:31 p.m. MT Nov. 28, 2018 | Updated 5:19 p.m. MT Nov. 28, 2018

A man accidentally shot himself in the groin area while inside a Buckeye Walmart on Tuesday, police said.

The man was in a Walmart store near Watson and Yuma roads around 6:30 p.m., when the semiautomatic handgun began to slip as he carried it unholstered in the waistband of his sweatpants, Buckeye police said.

The man told police that when he tried to reposition his loaded gun and keep it from falling, he shot himself in the groin area.

Officers arrived and found the man in the meat department with the gunshot wound, police said.

He was taken to the hospital with survivable injuries, police said. No one else was hurt during the incident.

Police said all indications are the shooting was accidental, but police did file a report for unlawful discharge of a firearm.

Additional information was unavailable.

U. S. Air Force Veteran
U. S. Navy Retired
ISRA Supporting Member

NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Member

VFW Life Member

American Legion Member

#7158 Euler

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:06 PM

A man accidentally shot himself in the groin area while inside a Buckeye Walmart on Tuesday, police said.
The man was in a Walmart store near Watson and Yuma roads around 6:30 p.m., when the semiautomatic handgun began to slip as he carried it unholstered in the waistband of his sweatpants, Buckeye police said.

Was his name Plaxico Burress? Man, that guy never learns....
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#7159 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,542 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

Dang Walmart is Dangerous

https://www.dailymai...llet-holes.html

#7160 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,994 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:58 PM

Concealed bombs?

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#7161 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

OREGON MAN ARRESTED AFTER WHEELING DEAD DEER AND EMPTY BEER CANS THROUGH WALMART ENTRANCE Jesse Canida is the man responsible for this latest bizarre headline. He had the deer and a bunch of empty beer cans in a cart when he entered the store at 12:20 p.m. Not surprisingly, police determined he was intoxicated. He was arrested after attempting to conceal 24 oz beers among other items in his shopping cart. https://www.wideopen...s-into-walmart/
Have all boated who fish?

#7162 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

MEN BROUGHT A DEAD BUCK INTO A VIRGINIA WALMART, AND NO ONE KNOWS WHY The incident was confirmed by Walmart staff. The men were promptly kicked out of the store. What's still a mystery is why they were compelled to drag a gutted deer into the store. Lee Walker of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries has offered up one of the only seemingly plausible explanations thus far. "It appears that they were trying to follow the law by checking in the harvested deer, but were not at an approved check station," he told WTVR. "In most cases hunters do not bring harvested game actually into an approved checked station, but rather have someone from the store out to verify the harvest and to record the needed information." https://www.wideopen...t-no-one-knows/

#7163 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 13,388 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

Alcohol and deer don't mix...

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#7164 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:55 PM

4dde3622728419036088381ab94e54ac.jpg

#7165 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 13,388 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:28 PM

Mom and son arrested at Walmart for doing karate, stripping down

EAU CLAIRE — It is not every day that you see a woman practicing karate moves, a dog running free and a man roaming naked at the same location, but it reportedly happened about 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Walmart.

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#7166 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

I am shocked it took until today for the first post in this thread for 2019!

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7167 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:59 PM

Anyone notice the plastic bags at Walmart smell really bad? Like a combination of perfume and chemicals. Makes everything you put in them smell bad too!

Edited by Talonap, 14 April 2019 - 06:59 PM.

#7168 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,680 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:00 PM

It’s alive!
Long live the Walmart thread.

#7169 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

It shall NEVER die! :D

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7170 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

Mom and son arrested at Walmart for doing karate, stripping down

https://www.tmj4.com...-claire-walmart

EAU CLAIRE — It is not every day that you see a woman practicing karate moves, a dog running free and a man roaming naked at the same location, but it reportedly happened about 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Walmart.

What's wrong with doing a little kar-rah-tay in the walls mart?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users