Gun World opening up soon in lombard!

gravyboy77

Hatchet, I'd be a little wary of that report, at least, unless things have changed pretty drastically since a week and a half ago when I helped with the glass install. While it's true they're having some materials supply issues, things were getting closer and closer.

The Village still has to have its say of course, and that's a wild card.

yea i know... my boss even said he was sure about what month the guy said... i'm following them on facebook as well... more updates there...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gun-World-Range/147475055281908

as of monday status..

Today, concrete was cut to bed down the backstops, and backstop insulation was added beginning in range 1 of 4. Progress is being made ! It's a good thing !

Stay tuned...

I had the pleasure to tour the facility with Keith today. I am even WAY MORE excited than before. This place is going to be HUGE and top-notch. They have some great ideas for using the space and it will be a full service facility once the tie up the loose ends. Awesome, simply awesome.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Closer and closer.

1/20/11 Status Report:

After a meeting with the range contractor and his attorney last Monday, they have submitted a written proposed schedule that calls for all work to be completed no later the Feb. 14th.

They are supposed to start in earnest on Firday, Jan. 21st so we'll see what happens.

All of the carrier rails are up in ranges 1-2-3 and a test target carrier and control module was installed yesterday and it worked well. We're sure everyone is going to like this system.

And we have just chosen Laser Shot for our virtual reality range. We'll have more details on this in the days ahead.

FYI: we have a new e-mail address

article.II@gunworldrange.com

If you want to be added to our mailing list, send us a request at the above e-mail.

Barry & Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is, the middle of February, and the range isn't open (to the public) yet!

There are 4 range rooms, consisting of 8 stations each.

Room #1 is almost complete. It is missing 7 out of 8 controllers necessary for transporting the targets.

Room #2 has the backstop almost completed.

Rooms #3 & #4 do not yet have the bullet decelerators complete, nor do they have the backstops.

They are close!

You can follow the progress on Facebook by typing "Gun World Range" into the search bar.

They keep that updated with written word as well as pictures.

You can also stop by almost any day of the week for a tour. Weekends call first: 630-627-0310

And you can be put on their mailing list by sending a request to: article.ii@gunworldrange.com

• 2 months later...

Any recent word on this? Does anyone have a tenative ETA for opening day? I'm hoping for an early summer opening. I think Gun World will get a lot of business.

I know they've had major roadblocks in the past. Are we in the "home stretch". The site updates sound like it, but I haven't seen anything yet about proposed opening dates.

Any recent word on this? Does anyone have a tenative ETA for opening day? I'm hoping for an early summer opening. I've already talked to other people who didn't know about this opening, and now they're planning on visiting too.. I think Gun World will get a lot of business.

I know they've had major roadblocks in the past. Are we in the "home stretch". The site updates sound like it, but I haven't seen anything yet about proposed opening dates.

I saw a couple of the guys on Sunday at Kane.

They're getting close.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived