Photo

Madigan: The real failure in Illinois is...

Budget Madigan Rauner Illinois

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 JakubWrobel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

...Rauner's "all-about-himself" partisanship.

http://www.chicagobu...speaker-madigan

The nerve on this piece of work is beyond belief. This piece of is the definition of fake news in my opinion. You'll be better off reading the comments on this one.

NRA Life Member

#2 bear226

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

The link wants me to register. Not real excited about that.

USMC Vet, NRA, ISRA

#3 Redlin

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

Yeah well look who wrote it.What would you expect?He forgot to mention the gas tax that was buried inside the bill too.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

#4 JakubWrobel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

Not sure why it wants you to register; I didn't have to. Here is the text:

"Last week, I stood on the House floor and thanked Republicans and Democrats for working together to end Gov. Bruce Rauner's 736-day crisis by passing a bipartisan balanced budget. It was the state's first full budget since Rauner took office more than two and a half years ago. Rather than standing with us and realizing the importance of passing a budget and putting our state on a more sound financial path, the governor was preparing his latest political attacks.

But the governor's spin is completely backward: It's his budget crisis that has failed Illinois and put us in the position we are in today. 

Without a budget, thousands of seniors have lost access to critical medical care. Domestic violence shelters have closed their doors, leaving survivors of abuse and sexual assault with no place to turn. More than 25,000 workers have been laid off. Illinois' credit is deteriorating faster than at any point in our state's history—under Rauner, Illinois' credit rating has been downgraded eight times, a dubious distinction no previous governor can claim.

If we had not acted in a bipartisan way, all these things would have become even worse than they are today and we would have immediately been reduced to junk status, while state debt would continue to skyrocket.

The bipartisan budget was made possible by legislators on both sides of the aisle who looked beyond partisan differences and rigid ideology, and put the best interests of the state and its residents first. Working together, Republicans and Democrats cut nearly $3 billion from state bureaucracy so we could invest our finite resources in schools, medical care for the frail elderly, services for survivors of abuse, and others in great need. Our budget spends less than any of the phony budgets introduced by the governor. 

What's more, we worked to address nearly all of the governor's non-budgetary demands, giving him more than 90 percent of what he wanted. At the governor's request, we passed workers' compensation reform, including the primary requests of Republican negotiators. We passed pension reform and local government consolidation measures. We passed the governor's changes to the state procurement code and legislation expediting the sale of the Thompson Center in the Loop. And Democrats voted for the governor's property tax freeze. 

But just like when he walked away from negotiations in the Senate in the spring, and when he refused to negotiate with the House more recently, the governor continues to argue for ongoing crisis over a bipartisan solution. 

We could not afford inaction. Every day without a budget, Illinois was spending an estimated $33 million more than it brought in. We're in this situation because state debt has tripled under Rauner. According to the governor's own financial experts, without a responsible budget, the Rauner deficit would grow to a staggering $47 billion by 2022, and taxpayers would be on the hook for much worse than a penny-on-the-dollar tax. 

The decisions Republicans and Democrats made in achieving a balanced budget were not easy, but everyone—including, up until recently, Rauner himself—acknowledged that these difficult decisions needed to be made.

Democrats stand ready to continue making the difficult but necessary decisions, because it's clear there is more work to be done. While Democrats have already taken up the governor's non-budgetary demands, we remain committed to working with our Republican colleagues to further address those issues and find solutions. We stand ready to continue working with our colleagues across the aisle to move Illinois forward."

NRA Life Member

#5 JakubWrobel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

Yeah well look who wrote it.What would you expect?He forgot to mention the gas tax that was buried inside the bill too.

Exactly what was written. I just can't believe people can be this delusional and continue to believe their own lies when evidence points to the contrary.

NRA Life Member

#6 spec4

• Members
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

I made it through the first paragraph.  My policy is that when reading an article, as soon as I see left wing BS I stop reading.

I will say this, anybody who thinks Rauner is the cause of Illinois problems is a fool.

#7 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

So let me get this straight.

The guy who ran Illinois politics with an iron fist for 40 years (Madigan) is not to blame.  It is only the newbie governor who just got elected 2 years ago.

Seems he is whining that he can't get money for cronies, so he demonizes the governor instead.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#8 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

My favorite quotes-

"Rauner's 736 day budget crisis"    and    "without a responsible budget, the Rauner deficit would grow to a staggering $47 billion by 2022"

Lets all pass the Victory Gin and enjoy a Victory cigarette. Oceania has been spared!!!

#9 mikew

• Members
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

The link wants me to register. Not real excited about that.

Try private browsing.

#10 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

I just want it to be clear, this is self serving garbage WRITTEN BY MIKE MADIGAN (supposedly himself - but it DOES come over his name).

He doesn't believe it, but he wants the weak minded sheeple to believe it.

There are enough of them, and he understands them well enough that the mudslinging junk he sends out that shows up in your mailbox the day before the election has the desired effect.

Edited by markthesignguy, 17 July 2017 - 01:11 PM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#11 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,501 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

I just want it to be clear, this is self serving garbage WRITTEN MY MIKE MADIGAN (supposedly himself - but it DOES come over his name).

He doesn't believe it, but he wants the weak minded sheeple to believe it.

There are enough of them, and he understands them well enough that the mudslinging junk he sends out that shows up in your mailbox the day before the election has the desired effect.

Well Madigan DOES get reelected every time so weak minded people do believe him.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#12 markthesignguy

• 2,403 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

Or he's got (enough of) the Illinois House Democrats all sewed up nice in the patronage /  blackmail /  $ political cash $ bag.

(reference 2013, CCW and Todd saying the arm twisting was brutal to the point of arm breaking on our bill that ALMOST passed)

An Alabama tick WISHES it was dug in as well as Mike Madigan.

The fixes are in, cross linked and buttressed with multiple redundancies.

And while we all wish for and wait on his "gripper" to free us,

I'll bet there's a plan for the transfer of power and cash when he's pushing up daisies.

#13 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

I just want it to be clear, this is self serving garbage WRITTEN MY MIKE MADIGAN (supposedly himself - but it DOES come over his name).

Of course it is self-serving.   Mike Madigan is a narcissist.   And he only cares about himself.

#14 JTHunter

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

It didn't ask me to register either.

BTW, notice his picture!  The one used in that article has to be at least 10 years old !!  Madigan doesn't look anything like that anymore!

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#15 Rangerdeepv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Amazing...................better not say what I want to and be kicked out of here or reprimanded.

Illinois dumocrats are great at spending our money for no little or no returns..................'nuff said!

Edited by Rangerdeepv, 17 July 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#16 Prairie Pucker

• 1,645 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

I'll bet there's a plan for the transfer of power and cash when he's pushing up daisies.

I'll volunteer to water those daisies.

- PP

"One State---One Law"

NRA Endowment Life; ISRA

#17 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Of course it is self-serving.   Mike Madigan is a narcissist.   And he only cares about himself.

Don't forget Little Lisa!

#18 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

How can a single person believe that crook?  And "bi-partisan"?  While he ended up getting 10 turncoat Republicans in the veto override, this tax increase was pushed hard by the Democrat party, and they are the ones 90% to blame for the 32% tax hike.  King Madigan gets to spend even more of our hard-earned money. :(

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#19 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

Well Madigan DOES get reelected every time so weak minded people do believe him.

He hand-picks his opponent.

Posted Image

#20 mikew

• Members
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

This tax increase is going to backfire and snowball.

This will not bode well for Little Lisa.

#21 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,501 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

[quote name="mikew" post="1097829" timestamp="1500330313"][quote name="Talonap" post="1097796" timestamp="1500317109"]
[quote name="BobPistol" post="1097692" timestamp="1500256729"]
[quote name="markthesignguy" post="1097445" timestamp="1500073843"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This tax increase is going to backfire and snowball.

This will not bode well for Little Lisa.[/quote]

I can only hope you're correct.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#22 WitchDoctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Both Madigans need to go. They should be proud of what they have (not) done for the state. What P's OS.

Edited by WitchDoctor, 17 July 2017 - 09:02 PM.

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

3/504 P.I.R Blue Devil

25 years US Army

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

#23 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,462 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

Mike's a narcissist, and the only reason he thinks about her is if it helps himself.   Again, thinking only about himself.    Watch her take over daddy's job as speaker after he's pushing up daisies. 

Remember, it is all about women breaking the glass ceiling, and not crony enrichment!  We pinky swear!

Edited by BobPistol, 18 July 2017 - 04:59 AM.

#24 Tango7

• Members
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

So let me get this straight.
The guy who ran Illinois politics with an iron fist for 40 years (Madigan) is not to blame.  It is only the newbie governor who just got elected 2 years ago.

Seems he is whining that he can't get money for cronies, so he demonizes the governor instead.

The same reason they refused to pass the budget, and now why they call it "bipartisan" - so they can blame the {R}s when it all falls apart, even though they're the ones that drew up the plans (using crayon on a napkin), laid the foundation (on sand), cut the framing (using lumber that came from connected suppliers and wasn't to proper dimension), and put the roof (made of yard signs glued together with campaign bumper stickers) on - the {R}'s just showed up for the ribbon cutting, and the {D}'s will, of course, claim the ribbon was the thing holding everything up, and that cutting it was the reason for the failure.
You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#25 JTHunter

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

Both Madigans need to go. They should be proud of what they have (not) done for the state. What P's OS.

It's not what they have done FOR the state but TO the state.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#26 soylentgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

It's a foregone conclusion in my mind that Illinois will eventually default on its debt. If we raise taxes to a sufficiently high level to pay the debt, you will have riots and/or a mass exodus (further reducing the tax base and requiring even more draconian confiscatory tax rates...only exacerbating and heightening the unrest).

Therefore, the ONLY thing left to do is make sure the people responsible for this situation are actually blamed for it rather than allowed to deflect the blame onto someone else. Ideally, there would be jail time for Madigan.

What Madigan has done makes Blago look like a Boy Scout.

#27 markthesignguy

• 2,403 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

The real failure in Illinois is the people in the 22nd district failing to elect some OTHER crook.

That INCLUDES the Republican party.

No matter HOW Madigan stacks the deck with the ballot.

ANYBODY would be better than Madigan, because no matter HOW crooked the replacement is, they AIN'T MAD MIKE with his connections.

As for Little Lisa - she MAY have the (but hidden) toxic and predatory mindset imparted by her ADOPTIVE father,

but she did not inherit the genes to back it up.

#28 geomick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

This could all be summed up as "Madigan: The Real Failure in Illinois". anything after that is unnecessary.

#29 blck10th

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

This sums it up a little. 5d7d3a5408bf82166953a352c1050e6b.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Budget, Madigan, Rauner, Illinois

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users