New CCL app question

Dirty Harry

Good evening. New to this forum. I applied for my first time license on 06/21. So did my friend, who lives in the same village as I. He has received his license but I am waiting. My status says pending. We applied on the same day, both had prints, live in the same town and even have our last names start with the same initial, if that means anything. Why did he get his and my app doesn't even have a number under status, only pending? There is only "under review" and not "board review" as I have since learned. What could be the delay? I don't have any issues with outstanding anything and certainly meet the requirements I have read about that can otherwise deny me if I didn't. I did get a compliance ticket just last week for a license plate cover, a 75 dollar fine. I do not think that was the issue as my friend already had his at the time. The only thing I can think of is that I am twice his age and therefore I might have more information out there to peruse? I do believe this last comment is the reason as my wife, of the same age, is still waiting on her FOID when she applied on May 2. She has never had anything on her record pretty much forever. Thoughts?

Thanks!

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason why his would be approved and your is still under review.

Your compliance ticket won't get you an objection. Under review is fine, and yes, you don't want under board review. Board review is bad.

I would just wait it out, have a drink, it will come. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would not get too stressed over the wife's FOID card. In spite of 30 days to issue by law, there are large volumes of applications and they are running behind on many. Ive seen posts of people taking up to 6 months. What does her status show in the portal?

As for your CCL, a status of pending is a little different from what I have read...I would have expected it to be submitted at least. It shows as under review though, correct? I dont think your ticket or age is relevant.

Does it show as paid for on the portal?

Does the fingerprint TCN number show?

Although if there was an app error I would have expected you to get a response about corrections needed.

Could just be the delay in processing the volume of apps and the need to be patient. No doubt others more knowing can provide some better thoughts.

Thanks everybody. Responses to all below:

Craigcelia: I had a couple last night.

InterestedBystander: Her status shows under review and under number there is an actual number (where my CCL says pending). I do show paid. The TCN number is there. No emails or any communication whatsoever.

Bubbacs: I have had my Foid since late April after allying in early January. I check the portal every few days.

"a man has got to know his limitations"

Thanks again for the timely responses. If anybody has anything new to share, please do so. However, I will respond to the latest posts below:

Mick G: Valid points. I am just peeved at the state.

InterestedBystander: How do I do that?

101abn: 16 years here at current address and only one other address prior in Chicago.

As information, nothing more then a few traffic tickets received in the last 25 years (3?). No arrests, good credit, no judgements, no divorces.

Thanks everybody

InterestedBystander: How do I do that?

Thanks everybody

On a PC right click on under review, click on inspect at bottom of drop down.

Pop up with info, could be,

QC_Verified >

Under review

Approved

Active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, I believe its SUBMITTED, QC_VERIFIED, and APPROVED. Portal will continue to show Under Review in these phases. Once card is printed, It goes to Active

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75991

There used to be predictable times in each category, but that is no longer the case

It says "qcverified">underreview</span> == $0 </label>

Thoughts?

Thanks again

You're in the system. app is submitted. data is there and complete as indicated by your quality control verified status. As long as you dont go under board review its pretty much as good as its going to get that you can influence. So now you have (or had or will have) background check and LE 30 day objection period. Patience is your friend now. 60 days...90 days...120...145...it will get there eventually. Some have contacted their state senator and representative after 90-120 days but I dont know it has helped. The ISP FSB are short staffed and have an excess of applications, both FOID and CCL to process.

Hello everybody. Although I wait patiently, I still continue to check my status almost daily. What I found today is interesting. Although it still says "under review" and no number assigned, when I right click "under review" and click "inspect, I now see this:

Approved under review

Is it a matter of days now?

If Approved element, then next step should be card printed and moving to Active. Time depends on where you are in the cycle and when they do the next batch of CCL Cards. Once printed, theres still sorting, batching, PO delivery and processing...but it sounds like you are almost there.

Hello everybody. Although I wait patiently, I still continue to check my status almost daily. What I found today is interesting. Although it still says "under review" and no number assigned, when I right click "under review" and click "inspect, I now see this:

Approved under review

If Approved element, then next step should be card printed and moving to Active. Time depends on where you are in the cycle and when they do the next batch of CCL Cards. Once printed, theres still sorting, batching, PO delivery and processing...but it sounds like you are almost there.

Thanks. What do you mean by approved element? It says approved under review.

Approved under review

Thanks. What do you mean by approved element? It says approved under review.
...under review" and click "inspect, ...

the inspect element hidden sub status showing in browser but not the FSB portal.

Archived