How much time did I add to the process applying the way I did?

joedav1228

I read on this forum that I should have applied for the FOID and ONLY the FOID and waited until I was approved, only then applying for the CCL.

I didn't know this forum existed back then so I applied for the FOID & CCL at the same time, it made sense to save time and do everything at once.

So far it has been a week shy of 5 months and I'm obviously still waiting. About a month ago (maybe a little more) my FOID status changed to QC_VERIFIED, the CCL is still showing SUBMITTED. My question is.... should I realistically be giving the process a few more months or should I expect something to happen in a relatively short amount of time?

Almost 5 months and I don't even have the FOID neverminded ANY movement on the CCL is aggravating. It is what it is, I am a patient person but was just wondering what everyone thinks if my situation is different from any other posts/topics here. I live in DuPage county, thank goodness!

Both items can be submitted at the same time. They will get to the FOID faster as you need that to get the other.

Of course there could and normally will be some over lay.

I’d sit back and relax as all things currently in Illinois is FUBARED beyond the normal realm.

They are as we have found out, processing new apps first and working on the back log of name changes and renewals second.

Take a few minutes to read the threads about the non expiring foods and CCL at this time due to the Covid.

Welcome to the Forums

They are as we have found out, processing new apps first and working on the back log of name changes and renewals second.

I remember you mentioning such in other posts. I got a really good feel for how long I'll likely be waiting from browsing through the other topics. I think I made it all the way to page 20, just browsing and seeing what other people have gone through. One thing I'm grateful for is not living in Cook county, I would have never thought of how bad it could be and why. Cook reminds me ALOT of Massachusetts. I always said I'd never move to Illinois because of the craptastic firearm laws and here you guys are feeling like Texas when comparing to Massachusetts.

Thanks for all of the info everyone, I'll get a little antsy after another 4-6 weeks.

One thing I'm grateful for is not living in Cook county, I would have never thought of how bad it could be and why. Cook reminds me ALOT of Massachusetts.

I live in Cook County and have never had delays... except when my FOID and CCL were stolen in early 2017. It took more than 45 days to get replacement cards. Lucky timing I guess.

I hope yours arrives soon!

One thing I'm grateful for is not living in Cook county, I would have never thought of how bad it could be and why. Cook reminds me ALOT of Massachusetts.

I live in Cook County and have never had delays

Well that's pretty amazing from what I hear on this forum. At times I wonder and feel like we only hear about problems and maybe for every 1 problem someone talks about there are 50 people who went through the process without issue.

Archived