Emergency Call to Action 5/20/2019 - Oppose SB1966 HCA1

mauserme

These witness slips are a joke. We have the anties out numbered 5 to 1 and once again it didn't mean a thing. These guys are going to do what they want to do. They have their body guards and drivers so owning a gun for self defense is nothing they need to deal with or worry about. As far as they're concerned we aren't important enough to deserve protection.

These witness slips are a joke. We have the anties out numbered 5 to 1 and once again it didn't mean a thing. These guys are going to do what they want to do. They have their body guards and drivers so owning a gun for self defense is nothing they need to deal with or worry about. As far as they're concerned we aren't important enough to deserve protection.

Been saying this for awhile. These rabidly anti-gun legislators are not reasonable people. They dont care

I think you are right, that is until the Courts stop them.

Just thought of an argument someone should have used. THis bill WILL make it much more expensive at best, much harder, and will likely decrease the number of used sales between law-abiding people. This in turn will be likely replaced by NEW ppurchases. So, the end result will mean more guns in the state.

Better argument would have been that this legislation is racist and elitist and makes it hard for poor people and African Americans in high crime neighborhoods (which Democrats claim to represent and help) to afford a FOID card to defend themselves which cost hundreds of dollars for a Constitutional right too.

^^^

+1

This doesnt hurt the Barrington lawyer, this hurts the south sider working two jobs to support their family

Hope youre happy MDA, your just helped the rich stay armed and the poor be defenseless, unless they want to break the rules and be classified as a criminal. Very progressive of you....

Didn't Bloomberg say that minorities can't be trusted with guns. That's his bill and his agenda being shoved down people's throats with the help of Willis and the moms by deception and bribery.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/12/daniel-zimmerman/bloomberg-minorities-cant-be-trusted-with-firearms/amp/

I haven't been around. However, I did fill out a slip and spoke to my reps. Did the house vote on this today?

It was released from committee today, which was predictable. We'll see about the floor...

thank you, brother, Mauserme.

I see the constant unconstitutional infringing is going well for them.. They're excellent at continually breaking their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the Unites States.

It's worth repeating.. If nothing else, for the anti-gunners we have here on the forum.

The 2nd amendment doesn't GIVE us the right to anything. The right to bear arms for defense of self and country is a natural right. The 2nd amendment is purely meant to restrain government from infringing on that natural right. These people are breaking the oldest laws in the land. They're criminals and should be removed from office.

I see the constant unconstitutional infringing is going well for them.. They're excellent at continually breaking their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the Unites States.

It's worth repeating.. If nothing else, for the anti-gunners we have here on the forum.

The 2nd amendment doesn't GIVE us the right to anything. The right to bear arms for defense of self and country is a natural right. The 2nd amendment is purely meant to restrain government from infringing on that natural right. These people are breaking the oldest laws in the land. They're criminals and should be removed from office.

Removed from office and more

I haven't been around. However, I did fill out a slip and spoke to my reps. Did the house vote on this today?

It was released from committee today, which was predictable. We'll see about the floor...

If I was a downstate Dem and I wanted to keep my seat in Springfield, I'd run from this as fast as I could. As an example: at the end of 2017, there were just under 70,000 active FOID cards in Madison County. I don't think those people would quickly forget 50 bucks for five years, and having to get finger printed....on their own dime.

Removed from office and more

They should be charged with bribery and conspiracy to take away and selling people's constitutional right and treason.

Yea, about the response I expected from ole Dingling Yingling

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent message. I like to be accessible to all my constituents, and I always appreciate hearing from the people I serve. Your input enables me to better represent the needs of our area and state in Springfield.

Please know that I will strongly consider your input on the Foid Act Bill. I always take the thoughts of my constituents and their correspondence with me into account when matters come up in the House.

I also take the time to carefully review each measure or policy and discuss the pros and cons with concerned organizations, stakeholders, and my colleagues on both sides of the aisle. I always strive to make decisions that are best for our community.

Again, thank you for reaching out to me and taking the time to share your concerns. If you have further thoughts, or if I can be of assistance in the future, please contact me at (847) 231-6262

Sincerely,

Sam Yingling

State Representative

62nd District

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent message. I like to be accessible to all my constituents, and I always appreciate hearing from the people I serve. Your input enables me to better represent the needs of our area and state in Springfield.

Please know that I will strongly consider your input on the Foid Act Bill. I always take the thoughts of my constituents and their correspondence with me into account when matters come up in the House.

I also take the time to carefully review each measure or policy and discuss the pros and cons with concerned organizations, stakeholders, and my colleagues on both sides of the aisle. I always strive to make decisions that are best for our community.

Again, thank you for reaching out to me and taking the time to share your concerns. If you have further thoughts, or if I can be of assistance in the future, please contact me at (847) 231-6262

Sincerely,

Sam Yingling

State Representative

62nd District

He doesn't care about laws or anyone else's rights, I had to literally kick his father and brother out of my yard when they tresspassed and attempted to stick up his campaign signs in my yard, their defense was that everyone ignores campaign sign laws thus they didn't need permission, serously that was their defense!

Dear xxxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Sam Yingling

State Representative

62nd District

He doesn't care about laws or anyone else's rights, I had to literally kick his father and brother out of my yard when they tresspassed and attempted to stick up his campaign signs in my yard, their defense was that everyone ignores campaign sign laws thus they didn't need permission, serously that was their defense!

Next time tell them you're a huge supporter and would like a bunch of signs to go around putting up, then throw them all in the garbage.

Dear xxxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Sam Yingling

State Representative

62nd District

OOh, I REALLY wwish he had tried that on my lawn. I'd have filed charges.

Archived