Air guns?

USArmyRet

i just bought an airsoft Mauser C96. i hope to modify it to look like a DL-44 heavy blaster (han solo's gun from star wars...yeah im a nerd)

NICE! Did you have to show a FOID and have a 24 hr waiting period is the question on this thread though ? I checked with a buddy that is an FFL dealer, and he said that according to the ATF any air rifle over 700 fps it is optional if the seller wants to treat it as a firearm or not and some places do just to cover their own butts. This would explain why some people are reporting that they have to Show FOID for bb-guns with higher fps. and some arent.

i just bought an airsoft Mauser C96. i hope to modify it to look like a DL-44 heavy blaster (han solo's gun from star wars...yeah im a nerd)

NICE! Did you have to show a FOID and have a 24 hr waiting period is the question on this thread though ? I checked with a buddy that is an FFL dealer, and he said that according to the ATF any air rifle over 700 fps it is optional if the seller wants to treat it as a firearm or not and some places do just to cover their own butts. This would explain why some people are reporting that they have to Show FOID for bb-guns with higher fps. and some arent.

bought it on amazon.com, so its being shipped to my door

someone mentioned earlier in this thread a federal law that seems to preempt state and local laws regarding air guns, so maybe that applies, or it could just be that no one cares about the law enough to enforce it, who knows (also have bought in the past a slap jack, banned under IL law, cook county law, and village ordinance where i live, no problems there either)

bought it on amazon.com, so its being shipped to my door

someone mentioned earlier in this thread a federal law that seems to preempt state and local laws regarding air guns, so maybe that applies, or it could just be that no one cares about the law enough to enforce it, who knows (also have bought in the past a slap jack, banned under IL law, cook county law, and village ordinance where i live, no problems there either)

not sure what a slap jack is?

"not sure what a slap jack is?"

The slapjack (also commonly known as a "sap") is a batting weapon which may be used in self-defense or other forms of hand-to-hand combat. It typically consists of a flat profile outer skin containing a hard weight material that may be swung at any part of an opponent's body in order to inflict injury.

The outer sack of a slapjack may be made of various cloth materials such as a sock; however, higher quality slapjacks are most often made of a stronger material such as leather. This usually features a pouch for the inner "club" and an extension for a handle. Various objects or materials may be used for the inner "club" as well, but the most favored material is lead, for its heavy weight and dense consistency.

I picked this Air Soft gun up a few weeks ago. Great practice for room clearing.

http://www.pyramydai...ft-pistol.shtml

Walther P99 airsoft pistol

Uses 12-gram CO2 cartridge

15-rd removable mag

Blowback

Double-action only

Hop-up system built-in

Front Weaver accessory rail

http://cdn.pyramydair.com/images/zoomed/Walther-P99-Co2-Blowback_Walther-2262020_airsoft_zm_2.jpg

How do you like it? I just ordered the Glock model.

Archived